Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-26-2003, 11:49 PM   #1
Orlando is hot
Sapling

Musicals, movies and stage

14 Ariel firebrick
This is a thread on all musical movies, for every one who thinks that they rock, say hi and tell us what u think about all the latest musicals (including stage musicals, thyre just as good)
c ya all on da thread
Jess
Old 03-26-2003, 11:59 PM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I love love love love LOVE musicals.

I'm not too up-to-date on the latest stage offerings, though I still see touring productions when they come around, and I did see some West End productions when I went to London last year. Seeing My Fair Lady in London, of all places, was the theatrical experience of a lifetime.

As for recent movie musicals, Chicago was really quite excellent (and I mean to see it again soon) and last year's Moulin Rouge! was just a stellar film.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 06:38 PM   #3
Belle
Enting

I really really really adore musicals. I loved Cjicago and Moulin Rouge, and I've seen loads of West End musicals as I live so near London. The Lion King was amazing.
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Made me that much smarter
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 06:45 PM   #4
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Belle, from your name and avatar, I see you liked my personal favourite animated musical of all time, too.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 06:54 PM   #5
Belle
Enting

Of course, all disney rules, especially Beauty and the Beast, it's so lovely and makes me cry.
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Made me that much smarter
Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:37 PM   #6
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

I'm not too keen on musicals that aren't Disney ones - tho Disney's kind of evil. My favourite's probably Aladdin. Didn't like Chicago at all. Sticks in my head. I have to thwack it out with a large heavy book.
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 10:39 PM   #7
Orlando is hot
Sapling

I have recently just seen Chicago for the 3rd time and it rox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like i think that renne shoud've won best actress, but i still support nicole, the both rock it would've been a hard choice.i have also recently seen 'Oliver' the stage production as it only just left melbourne, i almost jumped out of my seat at one point! : ) it was so good and i was amazed at how well that guy can sing but i thought he seemed a bit young. from a distnce
i hope u all a gree with me but who can wait 4 chicago to come out on dvd? i cant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2003, 10:49 PM   #8
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

I haven't gotten a chance to se Chicago or Moulin Rouge! I love old musicals though. They're great.