Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 11:06 PM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Ok, what's the deal with closing threads....

I don't know if this is pissing anyone else off, but it is certainly starting to bother me. Time and time again threads are being closed for "similar" threads that have been posted. If it is the same topic then fine close it, but don't close threads that have differences or more detailed and defined more. The staff here does a good job, but you close way to many threads and it is really getting annoying in my humble opinion...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 03-17-2003, 11:08 PM   #2
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Whoa, this a pm subject...discusing Mod/Admin policy isn't a public affair...surely?

Beatallica
Old 03-17-2003, 11:09 PM   #3
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

If you have a problem with a particular thread being closed, I suggest that you PM the admin/mod that closed it for further clarification as to their reasons why. If you're still not satisfied, appeal to Ben (hehe, the god of Entmoot). Making a complaint publicly is really not a good policy.

And so, without further ado, *deep breath* the PADLOCK!!!
Closed Thread