Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2003, 11:25 PM   #1
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

The Hussein Family.

Okay, this is a thread that I personally am interested in. I have heard many tales about Udai Hussein, Saddam's son.

Okay- so supply information about the deeds of any Hussein member, and discuss whether they are crazy as hell. Or not *scoff*.

My first tid-bit.

Udai Hussein
Quote:
Udai Saddam Hussein, Saddam's eldest son and now 33, first became known abroad in 1988 in a scandal that was to lay a marker for things to come.

Udai had taken against Saddam's personal valet Kamal Hana Gegeo because of his role in acting as a go-between for Saddam's external affairs. In particular, Saddam had an affair with the daughter of an old Baghdad family called Samira Shahbander - who was eventually to become his second wife - and Udai was said to have been afraid that this union could threaten his own position as Saddam's eldest son by his first wife Sajida.

So Udai decided to take his revenge on Gegeo. Aged 24, he gatecrashed an official party held in honour of Suzanne Mubarak, the wife of the Egyptian president, who was visiting Baghdad. Pushing aside the official host Taha Muhieddin Maaruf - Iraq's Vice President and a generation older than himself in a culture where such things matter deeply - Udai and his bodyguards beat Gegeo to death with a heavy club in full view of the gathered guests.

The affair became a national scandal when Saddam put his son on trial for the murder, saying that even the president's son must face justice. Gegeo's family pleaded for a pardon for Udai, saying that he had been provoked beyond all endurance. Just the slightest bit of pressure, perhaps? There were all kinds of 'spontaneous' demonstrations for Udai and eventually Saddam was satisfied with exiling him to Switzerland.

He returned a year later to become head of the Iraqi Olympic Federation. He also runs a major television network in Iraq and a newspaper and is said to have an extensive business network.

That much is known because that particular drama was acted out in public. There are all kinds of other stories of Udai picking any woman that took his fancy and killing their husbands or menfolk and mind-boggling tales of corruption which will probably never be proved or disproved definitively.
Discuss-

Note to Mod/Admin: This is not a sorry attempt at another Iraq thread. This is a legitimate interest of mine, personally. Don't shut me down. !
Old 03-16-2003, 11:53 PM   #2
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Note to everyone who will post in this thread: This is NOT another Iraq thread. It is not the place for discussion of the possible upcoming war. It is for the discussion of Saddam's family ONLY.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:06 AM   #3
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

ESPN, actually has done extensive research into Uday Hussein as he is the head of the Iraqi National olympic committee. They ran various stories and interviews with former Iraqi athletes and how Uday tortured and killed athletes amongst other things.

Here is a link to the main page concerning that:

http://espn.go.com/oly/bloodontherings.html#

Definitely check it out, you see actual Iraqi athletes discussing what they have seen and experienced personally themselves...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:53 AM   #4
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I've heard some of that stuff too. Especially the Olympic bit. Shocking, and depressing, as usual with this family. Power corrupts!
Old 03-17-2003, 03:18 PM   #5
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
I've heard some of that stuff too. Especially the Olympic bit. Shocking, and depressing, as usual with this family. Power corrupts!
Yeah. Unfortunately it's not limited to evil dictators. *sigh*
Old 03-17-2003, 03:54 PM   #6
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Yeah - Like the fundamentalist Muslim Clerics.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 04:58 PM   #7
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Some kings and queens were good at this sort of thing, if I remember my history! Dictators seem to have the corner on the market though. Is that why they're called dictators?
Old 03-17-2003, 05:02 PM   #8
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I would think rather that is why the word has come to have a negative connotation.

Q: I think I know the answer to this, but I'm not sure: Could dictator be a term that carried over from Roman terms, or is it just the translation?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 05:17 PM   #9
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Interesting how his family and the Saudi's were whisked out of the US immediately after 9/11. If the US is so bad yet they all seem to love being here, something isn't right in Bagdad.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:40 PM   #10
wahine

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Some kings and queens were good at this sort of thing, if I remember my history! Dictators seem to have the corner on the market though. Is that why they're called dictators?
Maybe, but I perfer th term despotic tyrannical leaders.

Thanks Duney- I'm not up on alotta news-obviously.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:27 PM   #11
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
Thanks Duney- I'm not up on alotta news-obviously.
No prob That's what I am here for, specifically to brainwash each and everyone one of you so I can hold dominion over everyone, especially you wahine
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 03-17-2003, 08:36 PM   #12
wahine

Yeah, I know. Dominatrix fetish! *sounds fun*
Old 03-17-2003, 08:38 PM   #13
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
Yeah, I know. Dominatrix fetish! *sounds fun*
Indeed it does, indeed it does

--Linaewen
Old 03-18-2003, 10:07 AM   #14
Sween
im quite stupid

didnt he have the football tourtured for loseing a football match? either way he sounds like a nasty peice of work