Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2003, 06:36 PM   #1
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
What's going on in Middle Earth?

It all starts on a dark night travellers who were to be going from Rohan to Gondor carrying mesages for the King have been found dead and no one knows why,why,or who did it. Something is very wrong in middle earth but the ring had been destroyed so what evil could be doing this? It is the job of however many people join my thread before we set on our adventure to find what new evil is plagueing middle earth and to destroy it. I need 1 head evil person and second in command whoever claims the role of the evil dude first gets to decide how many and who his henchmen are and what his/her evil purpose is and how they are going to go about trying to take over.
I am Sarra the spunky and intelligent girl who sets off from Rohan with her horse(Zanzibar) a beautiful white stallion and a crossbow that when put in her hands is a very deadly weapon to all who cross her.
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 06:48 PM   #2
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

I am not evil, can I be your second in command?
Name: Larithia
Elf
Female
young(ish)
bio: Born in lorien, Larithia set out at a very young age to find the sea. She failed, and was forever tormented by the sound of the sea which she heard in her mind. Although beautiful, Larithia was a warrior, strong and swift. She rides Barath, a huge winged, black stallion.
but words are meaningless
in your absence.
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:48 PM   #3
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

OOOOOH! Winged stallion!! cool. I don't want to be evil, i want to be an elf too.
Name; Laliatha
Race; elf
Gender; female
Weapon; Bow and magical sword
Personality; always laughing and smiling and singing, decieving people to think I am an easy target.
Weird personality quirck; I laugh most when I am killing.

I'll have to borrow a horse cause mine was killed.

Last edited by TopazJedi : 03-12-2003 at 10:34 AM.
TopazJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 04:44 PM   #4
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ooc: Okay, we can't start yet 'cause we don't have an evil dude. Anyone want to be evil?! Alrighty. Ummm... when we do have an evil guy, this will probably be a good RPG.
in your absence.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:24 PM   #5
Fimbrethil

Wow thanks LOTGW! And a pegasis(I geuss thats what it is since your horse has wings. I'm not even sure I spelled that right) is really cool, thats very original. Since you guys are both elves though that must mean you were some how left behind by your kindred. I geuss I should have put it before (sorry) but the elves have already left however it would make a great ending if you were to go join your families once the "evil" is defeated (hmmmm...I think I'm jumping ahead here).By the way we still need an evil person and the job comes with a bonus you get to decide who your henchmen are and what your trying to take over and how you go about trying to do it. I thought that was a bonus anyway since most of these I've already read have the evil guys path decided for them. Evil people can join in whenever they like and its not to late to join to all you good doers out there.

Everyone is gathering at Gondor an uproar has started, everyone wants to who is doing this and why. A young Rohirrim is slowly makeing her way through the crowd she was the only one who knew about the message being sent to the King by her father and it was her duty to find out if he had recieved them. Without warning I (notice my smooth switch from narrater to first person) bump into a young looking elf. Sarra she yells I'm glad I've found you...(now would be a good time for LOTGW or topazjedi to jump in and complete the line I've left wide open for you. Once again we are in need of 1 head evil person see above for a bonus in the "job".)

Old 03-10-2003, 08:36 PM   #6
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ic: Same here, Sarra. I am baffled by this whole thing... There is no clear explanation.

(Sarra and Larithia have been friends since Larithia found her way into Rohan after the devistation of being left behind by her kin had subsided.)

I sit down and think about the strange new war that is going on, the ring no longer exsists.

"What are we going to do, all you have stated is the facts of what has already happened?" I say aloud, the council turns to me. An evil looking man squints suspiciously at me.

"What buisness does an elf have in Rohan, all of the race has gone to the undying lands." He says.

"I have been left by my kindred, I am of the blood of Lady Galadriel. I am a warrior." ...
in your absence.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:59 PM   #7
Fimbrethil

Pay no mind to that man Larithia he has always disliked elves. Another elf! the evil looking man roars. Larithia and I look up in time to see our good friend Laliatha ride up on a horse that strangly enough did not look like hers. Where is your horse?! Larithia and I exclaim at the same time.

Once again evil people are still wanted and more good people are needed! Hmmmmm...This is not good if we don't get an evil person then I won't be able to keep my story going!

Old 03-10-2003, 11:25 PM   #8
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

(Hey Larithia, Since our names are so simalar, perhaps we could be sisters or cousins. I'll let you decide while i continue.)

Halting her horse, Lalaitha grins. "Hello! i didn't know you were here too." then she frowns slightly. "Nalda was killed by a company of orcs who ambushed me in the woods." then she laughed. "But they paid for that dearly."
the man, who had been listening shivered. "Bloodthirsty elves!" he mutters. "Always knew they was crazy. Pity they did'nt all leave."
"What's his problem?" Lalaitha says in Sindarin.

(thats the nice thing about being able to type this and not actually saying it. I can't speak a word of Sindarin! I'm learning Quenya!)
Old 03-11-2003, 12:19 AM   #9
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

I'll be the bad guy...er...girl.
Old 03-11-2003, 11:51 PM   #10
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

Quote:
(Hey Larithia, Since our names are so simalar, perhaps we could be sisters or cousins. I'll let you decide while i continue.)
ooc: Good idea, I'll take that up with you. Sisters.

ic: "Yes," I add to Lalaitha, "What is wrong with elves?"

He doesn't take notice of us.
in your absence.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:21 PM   #11
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvellyn
I'll be the bad guy...er...girl.
I will for now because I am in a position to post at this point in time. Or I'll be your secont in command. I'll leave it open ended.

My charactor is an evil wizzardess. Simple huh? I'll have to think about motivation and a name. Wait, I got it! Heh heh heh...

Name Possibilities:
ä Kwade Tovenaär
Skaibúrz Durbûk

I dunno which. For now my name is She or Her.
~~~

The road had been cleared of the dead bodies, but there was someone still there. No, two people on horses. Still guarding the sceen of the crime. She was watching them. Her people had done a good job. No evidence as to who killed the messengers. Well done. Maybe She would not have to kill them after all. The sceen was quiet, but She was quieter slipping away.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 08:00 PM   #12
Fimbrethil

As the councel countinues everyone sits down and is gravely silent as they listen to the King(Aragorn...well who else did you expect?) speak: Friends,relatives we are here today to discuss what is happening in Middle Earth. If anyone knows something then I suggest they step foward now. When no one steps forward the King continues: Since no one seems to know what is going on any more than I do and since our friends, the elves have left (he shifts to glance at the two sisters) we will need to send out scouts a fellowship if you will. I have already made up mind who will go who Sarra you shall travel with your long time friends Larithia and Lalaitha, should you meat any friends along the road then you must use your judgement as to wheither or not they should be aloud to join you and your friends.

It is almost night and the 3 friends are talking together: Sarra: "What do you think could be going? You are elves and I thought elves could sence(sp?) when things are going wrong. You did sence(sp?) something didn't you? (Elvelyn you need to make your role in this a little more clear. But just to let everyone know when she does make her part clearer we know but our characters don't.)

Old 03-12-2003, 09:31 PM   #13
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Well since Katt said she'd be the evil person, I'll be her second:
Dûrgbash the Thug.
One of the few surviving orcs
I'm smarter than the average mindess evil creature (its because im female )
Old 03-12-2003, 11:00 PM   #14
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ic: "Yes, something isn't right, I do not understand it..." I say under my breath. The air is clear, but a great shadow looms over Middle Earth...
in your absence.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:51 PM   #15
Fimbrethil

Everyone is prepared for their journey and as we set off the horns of Gondor are heard blowing: Sarra:"Now what is the King thinking? Making all that noise like that, he might as well tell all of Middle Earth we just left. Ahhhhhhhh...I cannot beleive that just happened (everyone else is seen laughing and pointing) I've never fallen off before! Zanzibar you get back here right now...Zanzibar? Well thats just great!! First the King tells everyone we've just left and then I fall and when you think it can't get any worse my horse disappears! And if you two don't stop laughing at me! Everyone falls off once in a while. But to think all this could happen and we're barely a day away from Gondor. This thing truly has a strong grip on us already.

P.S. Sorry I haven't been on lately I thought I was going to get a really really bad grade in french so I decided to let my parents forget I liked the internet by staying away from it. But all is well now I got a C (true not the best but hey I'm working on it). So forgive me.

Old 03-17-2003, 10:16 PM   #16
TopazJedi
Elven Warrior

ooc: HAAHAA! that is soooo funny!

Last edited by TopazJedi : 03-23-2003 at 06:39 PM.
TopazJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 02:55 PM   #17
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted lately. I will later today. Evil villians are always cool.

Old 03-18-2003, 05:21 PM   #18
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

OOC: Hey Elvellyn! We could have an entire female army! That would be way cool. Oh, could you do something for me? Choose the location of our fortress. I cannot choose worth a damn. How ever, I did choose that my name should be ä Kwade Tovenaär. Just call me Kwade. Oh, I forgot please.

IC:
The suspicious female that had been hanging around the murder site was running through the woods at an incredably fast pace. She urged herself to go faster through the underbrush until she finally leaped in the air chest first. When she landed she was standing in her fortress. Someone approached.
"Good evening my lady." It was a deep growl, but higher than you would expect from and orc.
"Hello Dûrgbash," said the female. "I have just come from the murder site. I wanted to compliment you on the job you did."
"Thanks Kwade." Dûrgbash relaxed and she became more familiar. The 'my lady' thing was just a formality greeting.
"Now, I trust all the mesengers are dead?"
Dûrgbash stiffened a little at this. "No."
"What?" Kwade shot a warning glance at Dûrgbash. "I trust you have an exceptable excuse."
"Of course Kwade. Two of the messengers were female, so we took them into custody. They awate your interigation."
Kwade smiled. "I was wrong to doubt you Dûrgbash." She made her way to the interigation room.

OOC: Is this all right Elvellyn?

Old 03-18-2003, 09:03 PM   #19
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

ooc:That's great! Our fortress will be below the Misty Mountains, above Isengard. It used to be in the Iron Hills, but when Sauron got overthrown, Kwade decided to step in while ME was still weak, and become the new Dark Lord...er...Lady. So we moved headquarters down to a more easily accessable area.

ic:"These are the hostages, My Lady." In order for the prisoners to respect Kwade, Durgbash thought, they must also see that she respected Her as well.
"Well done" She said ,turning to the prisoners. "Tell me aldies, what was the nature of your message and who sent you and your lives may be spared."

ooc: OK this is where I need some help. What was the nature of their message, who sent them, and who are they?
Katt- is the location ok?
Old 03-21-2003, 11:40 PM   #20
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Okay, I thought about it and the captives were maidservants of Lady Eowyn. They were sent with the others to deliver King Elessar some notes regarding Faramir's plans to wipe out a last strain of Haradrim(sp?).

Thats all I've been able to think of so far.