Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2003, 01:46 PM   #1
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider Horses Of Roahn

Ok, this came to me and made me really exited to start this at once.
This rpg is about the war in the eyes of the horses of the warriors. It can be any horse or pony that came during the war. We play the horses and say what the war was like through their parts played to help. Most of the horses are going to be from Rohan and Rivendell. Not many from Rivendell though. I know some of you will want to play a warrior but only one or two. I want to have the rpg based manly on the horses.

my character:
name: Cor
sex: female
owneruse to be the horse of Denether but ran away because of fear) rider of Rohan: (not yet decided)
coat:grey with dark grey main and tail. brown eyes.
bio: was once the war horse of Denether but escapt when was lame for a while. Denether wanted to use me for hard labor but I escapt and traveled around searching for freedom.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Hmmmm. This should be interesting, especially if we give the horses a unique culture, based on real horses, but perhaps more complex. You have an original idea, Sicirus. I'll join.

Name: Anmara (mare)
Rider: someone from Rohan -- haven't decided
Color: dark bay
Bio: A very intelligent horse, Anmara is one of the swiftest in Rohan. She was born in Rohan, and has lived there all her life.

Are we using first person or third?
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 05:41 PM   #3
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

Oh yay! An RPG about horses!!!

Name: Wingmane (stallion)
Rider: some one from Rohan-Haven't decided yet
Colour: Dapple gray, light grey socks, light gray mane and tail, and a white blaze running down his face
Bio: his owner is a young man from Rohan. Wingmane hasn't seen much from the war point of view, but is obidient and intelligent.
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 08:34 PM   #4
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel SHIBEY!!!

yeah!!! i'll join too!

name: Alfalas
sex: mare
rider: a rider of Rohan
bio: 5 years old, hasn't seen much of war.
description: all chestnut brown except for a white star on my forehead
Old 03-03-2003, 11:09 PM   #5
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider welcome all!

Glad to have you here. Very glad indeed.
ic: All I heard was a cry then a man running a short ditance before giving up his chase after me. I had not liked my master to much and was used in one war since he had me. I lunged for the trees and grass which my old home lacked. I ran free in the morning sun feeling the breeze against my face and my main flowing freely in the wind. No armour covered me now nor any decorations of burdon(including my master) no human on my back just the sun which I had allowed a free ride any time it wished. My tossed my head back and whinnied nice and loud telling Denether that I had won and he could not enslve me because of my fault. My leg still ached alittle and dry blood stained my gray fur. Yet this did not oppress me nor my happiness. I ran slower than I usually would but still free.
I made my way to a grassy place and started to roll in the fresh dewy grass then trotted off agin making my way to a place that I could find peace at last. I hoped not to run into Boromir the calf of my master. For he like his father wished to tame me for ware.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:39 PM   #6
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

Is it to late to join. If it is, Mwhahahaha, I'm joining anyway.

Name: Bucephalus (stallion)
Rider's name: Gledolon, another rider of Rohan
Bio: I am stubborn, don't like to be riden. I'm only owned because my owner thinks I look good.
Description: All black, huge.
but words are meaningless
in your absence.
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2003, 11:12 PM   #7
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

in: I galloped over to Cor. I whinnied and rolled around on the sweet grass. I cocked my head at the blood stained on her coat. I was muscular, though I had never been used in war, I looked strong, like any warhorse.
in your absence.

Last edited by Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood : 03-04-2003 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:58 PM   #8
Silverstripe

ic: I ran through the fields, joyful at being able to just run; to be free from worry or fear, if only for a time. No, my troubles weren't because of the war, not really. Although I had been in war before, I was young, and hadn't gotten into many truly dangerous situations.

No, my main trouble was with the Herd. At the time, I was a member of the Lightning Storm herd; we were all considered brave horses, if careless. There were sixteen horses in the Herd, ranging in rank from lead mare, all the way down to me -- the lowest-ranking of all the horses in the Lightning Storm herd.

The lead mare had taken a dislike to me when I was a filly, and since that day, the other horses have all picked on me. My mother, when she was alive, could protect me from most of the horses, as long as I stayed near her. She was the second most dominant mare in the Herd, and when I was with her, I could enjoy all the benefits of her status. But she could not protect me from the lead mare.

And now my mother cannot protect me from any of them. Nor do our riders sense the conflicts in the Herd; or if they do, they don't care. So I was leaving. I didn't plan to return; then again, I didn't plan to go away forever, either. I just hadn't decided WHAT I was going to do next.

Then I saw two other horses walking, a mare and a stallion, horses I had never seen before. They were young, like me. The mare had blood on her leg, and walked with a slight limp. I galloped over to them.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:38 AM   #9
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

The young mare galloped over to Cor and I. I bounded over to greet her.
in your absence.
Old 03-05-2003, 12:03 PM   #10
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

finally! a horse related thread!

i shall most definitely have to join! i'm an absolute horse fanatic! don't care if i've got time or not; i'll make time! i'll do my bit later though! g2g to school!
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 05:15 PM   #11
entss89
lord of the ents

may i join?

name: shadowfax
sex : male
riders namee: gandalf
bio: the king of all horses ( im forward) white and beutifull for any man to look upon!
decription:white and stong!

im a little hobbit short and stout
here is my ring evil without a doubt
when you get me hipped up
here me shout
get me to mordo as quick as you can..

if you like that song then you should visit www.lordoftherings.net!

the ents are coming
the ents are coming
watch out tower of orthanc
for your dark walls shall fall!
sauroman, sauroman
your name is not the white!
for now you are
sauroman of many colors!

a best frind does not stab u in the back...................
they stab u in the front.
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 06:41 PM   #12
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ic: As the three of us stood grazing, a chill wind blew. Although the day was sunny and clear, clouds started to roll in.
in your absence.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #13
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

ic: It was a sunny, bright day. My master had some thing to do and he needed to ride me to Edoras. As we were galloping through the field, I heard other horses whinning. I wanted to run over to them and see what they were doing. My master wouldn't let me. He made sure that I stayed in the course he wished to take. I figured that as soon as he got to Edoras he would let me run free over the plaines to meet them. Sencing this I quickened my pace. We reached Edoras shortly. I had guessed right. He let me wonder over the field after he had feed me. I gallopoed over were the other horses had stood, hopping that they would still be there. As I was gallopoing over the field I saw the shapes of the horses. I whinneyed a greeting.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:03 PM   #14
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ic: I turned to see the new horse galloping in our direction. I shook my head around to rid myself of the summer flies. Then neighed loudly to her in greeting.
in your absence.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:03 PM   #15
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ic: The wind blew coldly again and I winced.
in your absence.

Last edited by Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood : 03-05-2003 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:02 PM   #16
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: This is fun. You can join entss and evryone. Nice to have you all.

ic: I was greeted as soon as I came into the grounds of Rohan. My old friend who I had met as a colt but was separated as soon as we were old enough to use in war.
I nuzzled my old friend and soon we came opon the whole herd who had wanted to join in our happiness. We all rolled around in the cool summer grass and hit the flies with our tails. I was finaaly free from work and hoped to never have another human on my back ever again.
Our small herd was catching attention of all the other horses and another horse who had been let off her rope and ran to us in a greeting of whinneing.
We stared to much on the grass and talk about what was happaning. I told them of my escap and how I hated my master. the other horses agreed of not liking hard labor. I never want a master. i cried out through a mouthful of grass.
We trooted off towards a small brook and drank deep from the clear water then I jumped in and splashed Bucephalus who had just finished his drink.
Old 03-05-2003, 11:06 PM   #17
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

ic: As Cor splashed me I leaped from the water and reared playfully. My short fur was shining in the sun, black as night.
in your absence.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:30 AM   #18
Silverstripe

As Cor and Bucephalus played in the water, I told Wingmane my story. Not that he would understand completely. Stallions don't have ranks quite the same way we mares do. They don't often lead their herds, but no one tries to bully them, either. Wingmane would have learned enough, though, to know what I was talking about.

I explained that, like Cor, I didn't ever want to go back ... though my reasons were very different from hers. I liked my rider well enough, although I'd not yet formed a strong attachment to any human.
Old 03-06-2003, 09:45 PM   #19
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Arwen Undomiel

ic: As I patiently listened to Anmara's story I grew thirsty. Once she had finished I toke a drink from the brook. I then told her my story. I actually did like my master. He was kind to me and treated me very well. I just didn't like the fact that I had to stay in captivity. The fact that I couldn't run wild when I wanted to and were I wanted to. After I had finished I jumped into the water and started to play with Cor and Bucephalus.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:56 PM   #20
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

This is all part of one long post that I wrote!

ooc: A wonderful idea Sicirus. I had a similar one, but it was the horses of point of view (starting with Bill the Pony, to the white horse that carried Frodo across the Ford, etc.), and following the story of the Fellowship through a horse's(or pony's) point of view. But it seemed to be a bit repetitive, because it would be retelling that wonderful story in our less than comparable words. This way we can embellish and have our own adventures to tell and our characters to improve and advance!
Bucephalus is an original name, me dear. It's a wonderful name (don't take me wrong), but I'm not sure there's going to be an Alexander the Great in Rohan! I say, have you read any of the Marguerite Henry books? What about the Unicorn Chronicles by Bruce Coville, or Robin McKinnley's The Blue Sword? If any of you have (or need)good suggestions for horse "literature", or any good books at that, be sure to let me know! I have tons of books, and I can never read enough!
By the way, not everyone should have a black or white coat, or we shall have a very dull herd. Besides, grey and white horses tend to get skin diseases more easily than other horses, and black or dark colored horses (while majestic) tend to over heat a tad more easily. And, by the way, are we writing this in the sense that the horses speak with each other and have cooperative and organized discussions, or are we writing in the sense of "mundane earth's" horses with their natural habits and vices? Hope you all understand horse terminology! That makes it much more fun!
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote