Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2003, 11:24 AM   #1
Balrog_of_Morgoth
Elven Warrior

divx or vcd versions of TTT

Has anyone viewed any illegal copies of TTT yet? I have seen them on file sharing sites, but I have not downloaded any. I did borrow a divx version of FOTR before it was officially released from a friend, and it was pretty high quality. I did not watch more than the first few minutes though, because I wanted to take in the full glory of the official DVD when it came out.
Old 03-01-2003, 01:23 PM   #2
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

A true fan will wait till the legal copy of TTT comes out. With buying FotR I actually waited till the Special Extended DVD came out. What a torture.
Old 03-01-2003, 02:25 PM   #3
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith
A true fan will wait till the legal copy of TTT comes out.
Well said, I totally agree!

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 03:58 PM   #4
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfax
Well said, I totally agree!
i however dont! i have not seen the DVX or VCD versions but fromexperience DVX tend to be better.

I will tell you what i do and that is a DVD copy version of it which is DVD quality thats pretty damn sweet !
Old 03-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #5
Balrog_of_Morgoth
Elven Warrior

I generally feel the same way. But still, that stuff is out there. Real fans also find it hard not to take a peek before the good stuff comes out officially. I bought the theatrical release and the special extended with the book ends even though I had plenty of access to other versions.

Last edited by Balrog_of_Morgoth : 03-01-2003 at 10:27 PM.
Balrog_of_Morgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 11:24 PM   #6
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood
The Precious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith

I agree with Lalaith.
but words are meaningless
in your absence.
Lady_of_the_Golden_Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 12:31 PM   #7
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

To survive the hard time waiting for the DVD I went to the cinema three times. Then the cinemas didn't show it anymore. How frustrating.
Old 03-02-2003, 12:39 PM   #8
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

It is a total injustice to the hard working people involved in this classic to rob them of their just reward. I agree that true fans should avoid any pirated copies.

Concerning the wait until the DVD, I am one of those lucky guys that happens to live in a city with a 2 dollar movie theatre. In late March, I will have the theatrical release of TTT to enjoy until August.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 02:08 PM   #9
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Breathalizer
It is a total injustice to the hard working people involved in this classic to rob them of their just reward. I agree that true fans should avoid any pirated copies.

Concerning the wait until the DVD, I am one of those lucky guys that happens to live in a city with a 2 dollar movie theatre. In late March, I will have the theatrical release of TTT to enjoy until August.
what a stupid and soppy approach the people that have made the film have been paid all the money now is going to the studio. im gonna buy the proper versions as well so it doesnt matter does it.

i am a true fan i am just a true fan with lots of doggy mates ! Plus i am a true fan of the books and i feel no loylaty to New line personally
Old 03-02-2003, 02:11 PM   #10
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

There is an Academy Awards screener dvd floating around out there somewhere. The dvd looks so much better than what I saw in the theater.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:14 PM   #11
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
There is an Academy Awards screener dvd floating around out there somewhere. The dvd looks so much better than what I saw in the theater.
thats what ive got every so often it pops up and says for you consideration. It is proper DVD quality it is was well worth the £5
Old 03-02-2003, 02:50 PM   #12
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

The movie I saw in the theater seemed grainy and dark at times, It hurt my eyes. Can't beat a dvd. Hmmpt! Of course, I've already bought two versions of Fotr, and will prbably do the same with TTT and the next one. There have been several movie books purchased, calenders, my snowglobe, book marks, the clanging Sting sword I just bought for my son's b-day, they're making plenty of money off of me!
Old 03-02-2003, 04:11 PM   #13
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
what a stupid and soppy approach the people that have made the film have been paid all the money now is going to the studio . . . i feel no loylaty to New line personally
Without New Line, we would have all been "treated" to one quickly forgettable Cliffs notes version of LOTR by Miramax Films. New Line deserves as much credit for this trilogy masterpiece as Jackson or anyone else.
Old 03-02-2003, 04:25 PM   #14
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Lalaith:
Why? Seems non sequitur...
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 04:38 PM   #15
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Lizra:
Can't beat a dvd.
This doesn't have much to do with the topic at hand, but DVD pales in comparison to original HD signals.

Basically, the resolution of an NTSC DVD is 720 vertical scan lines x 480 horizontal. High definition signals can be as highly defined as 1920 x 1080.

Try comparing the FotR DVD picture quality to FotR HD picture quality--you'll see what I mean.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #16
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

If I had all that, I could probably watch it without my glasses on! Well, anyway, whatever they showed at the theater was "rough".
Old 03-03-2003, 12:08 PM   #17
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
If I had all that, I could probably watch it without my glasses on! Well, anyway, whatever they showed at the theater was "rough".
well there is a slight fault with the DVD ive got it cuts out halfway through sams speach at the end and you have to go through chaper selection to get the rest of it maybe 10 seconds or so of dialog missing im not too sure as well.

i know what you mean andril i have the fellowship acedmy DVD rip on my computer last year (god how i miss broadband) and the DVD release was a lot better many of the problem tweaked speaking of DVD have you noticed in the theatrical Fellowship they have removed the 'car' but in the extended edition it is still there!

i will be buy both DVD new line releases but only cos ive got far too much money
Old 03-03-2003, 12:39 PM   #18
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
The movie I saw in the theater seemed grainy and dark at times, It hurt my eyes. Can't beat a dvd. Hmmpt! Of course, I've already bought two versions of Fotr, and will prbably do the same with TTT and the next one. There have been several movie books purchased, calenders, my snowglobe, book marks, the clanging Sting sword I just bought for my son's b-day, they're making plenty of money off of me!
They would make plenty of money off me, if I had money. But unfortunately I'm a "poor" student and therefor not very rich. But of course I had the money for the soundtracks and the DVD.

In our theaters they showed proper versions. All three times of FotR and the two times TTT. I liked the cinema more because our TV is very old and therefor the quality isn't that good.
Old 03-05-2003, 07:03 AM   #19
Millane
The Dude

yeah i got a mates now and it isnt as crappy quality as i thought it would be...
Quote:
A true fan will wait till the legal copy of TTT comes out
legal shmegal... saying something is illegal wont stop me in fact it fuels the passion inside for breaking laws
they sap my money out of me for the numerous Cinema watchings, soundtracks, i bought the normal and extended dvds and will do so again for TTT so i dont see what the matter is about not suffering for 7 months like last year
Old 03-05-2003, 10:10 AM   #20
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

[Millane is debating obtaining an illegal copy of TTT.]

Millane: We mustn't steal it...it's not legal, precious.

Gollum: legal shmegal... saying something is illegal wont stop me in fact it fuels the passion inside for breaking laws

Millane: Not listening. Not listening.

Gollum: Master saps our money out of us for the numerous Cinema watchings, soundtracks, preciousss...We boughts the normal and extended dvds and will do so again for TTT so we dont see what's the matter is about not suffering like last year.

Millane: Master takes care of us now. He gives us much enjoyment and we don't need to steal from him. Leave now and never come back!!!