Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-28-2003, 02:03 AM   #1
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

The undeniable wonder of skirts

Ah, skirts.

Long, dressy skirts. Short mini-skirts. Skirts in between that go down to the knees. Solid black skirts. Bright flowery skirts. Milky, silky skirts. One skirt, two skirts, red skirt, blue skirt. I'm no fashion expert, but I can tell a skirt when I see one.

Don't you love skirts? I mean, I wouldn't wear one or anything, but my, do I ever love skirts.

This isn't even a physical objectification thing or whatever. Not nearly. It's just that skirts are so... classy, in a way. A girl who isn't all that pretty isn't going to be substantially prettier if she wears a skirt - that much I'll admit. But there's just something about sheer class that's worth mentioning.

And if it's a pretty girl to begin with... add a skirt, and WOW.

So, girls of the 'Moot... wear skirts.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 04:52 AM   #2
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
Wait a minute. You love skirts, but you wouldn't wear them?

I like them when it is a dressy occaion and it is a long, lovely flowing one, but usually I prefer jeans over dresses or skirts. Much easier to move in them and you can play tag faster.

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 05:19 AM   #3
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

After you've worn them 5 days a week for 10 years you just get tired of 'em. I like skirts but now that i'm homeschooled and don't have to wear them all the time,i don't. Although most are pretty comfortable and look classy i perfer jeans.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:42 AM   #4
elendili
Elven Warrior

Ironparrot you sound like a caveman saying girls only look pretty in skirts. But trousers esp. jeans are much more comfy and warmer and you don't have to wworry when there's a big gusty wind

"Courage my soul, now learn to wield
The weight of thine immortal shield
Place on thy head thy helmet bright
Ballance thy sword against the fight
See where an army strong as fair
With silken banners spreads the air
Now if thy bee'st that thing divine
In this days combat let it shine:
And shew that nature wants an art
To conqeur one resolved heart"
Andrew Marvell
elendili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 07:28 AM   #5
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Re: The undeniable wonder of skirts

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
Ah, skirts.

Long, dressy skirts. Short mini-skirts. Skirts in between that go down to the knees. Solid black skirts. Bright flowery skirts. Milky, silky skirts. One skirt, two skirts, red skirt, blue skirt. I'm no fashion expert, but I can tell a skirt when I see one.

Don't you love skirts? I mean, I wouldn't wear one or anything, but my, do I ever love skirts.

This isn't even a physical objectification thing or whatever. Not nearly. It's just that skirts are so... classy, in a way. A girl who isn't all that pretty isn't going to be substantially prettier if she wears a skirt - that much I'll admit. But there's just something about sheer class that's worth mentioning.

And if it's a pretty girl to begin with... add a skirt, and WOW.

So, girls of the 'Moot... wear skirts.
Oh, I agree totally! I am a skirt /dress lady for sure! I think pants are uncomfortable. Most of my skirts are long though, the short ones seem to attract too much attenetion!
Old 02-28-2003, 08:27 AM   #6
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Yeesh, when someone told me there was a skirt thread oped I thught it might be something slightly different

Skirts are ok........I guess, I've never really been a person to take very much notice of what someone is wearing *shrugs*.

Men should definitely not be allowed to wear skirts.

I've been to Edinburgh a few times and after you've seen one 200lb drunken scotsman lift his kilt in public....well, it's not really a performance that you wish to witness again

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 08:36 AM   #7
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Location: In the entmoot army, trying to get rid of black and blue!
Skirts are ok I guess Id rather wear a skirt than a dress though!
Does anyone have school uniforms and have to wear skirts?

The fat hobbit hobbit knows!
Legolaslvr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 08:49 AM   #8
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Lucky me. I don't have a school uniform so I don't have to wear a skirt.

I generally dislike wearing skirts. Sure, if others wear them thats fine, but I don't like to. Most likely because I am still young, and when you are wearing a skirt you cant run, or play soccor, horse back ride, and all of the other things like that. So while I still like to do that stuff then I am not wearing a skirt (or dress).
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 08:51 AM   #9
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Location: In the entmoot army, trying to get rid of black and blue!
^ has 2 wear a skirt in the musical!

The fat hobbit hobbit knows!
Legolaslvr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 09:00 AM   #10
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

So much for my sex appeal. I prefer pajama pants.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 11:13 AM   #11
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Lol, same here FrodoFriend. Im almost always wearing pants of some kind. I only wear skirts if I totally had too, or wanted to dress to impress!
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 11:50 AM   #12
Sween
im quite stupid

My personal favorite skirts are long ones with a big slit up the side they are proper tent makers.

a nice short skirt has it advantages for outside use
Old 02-28-2003, 12:22 PM   #13
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
a nice short skirt has it advantages for outside use
yeah nothing like easy access. tight jeans look good but you can mess up your fingers trying to get at em when yer in a rush and... BZZZZ! *sirens* PG-13 BREECH DETECTED!

sorry...

Anyway... Coney I agree with you about the kilt thing but Im guessing Mel Gibson in a kilt is as popular with the ladies as a nice cutty sark is with the gents.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 12:59 PM   #14
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
yeah nothing like easy access. tight jeans look good but you can mess up your fingers trying to get at em when yer in a rush and... BZZZZ! *sirens* PG-13 BREECH DETECTED!

sorry...

Anyway... Coney I agree with you about the kilt thing but Im guessing Mel Gibson in a kilt is as popular with the ladies as a nice cutty sark is with the gents.
and u kiss ur mother with that mouth! i am truely shocked about you tut tut disapointed
Old 02-28-2003, 01:03 PM   #15
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
I only ever wear skirts for school, they are as short as possible

I dont like them!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 01:06 PM   #16
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackboar
I only ever wear skirts for school, they are as short as possible

I dont like them!
u little tart
Old 02-28-2003, 01:08 PM   #17
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

NO! EVIL SKIRTS! MUST...NOT...WEAR...SKIRTS! *falls off chair*

i don't wear skirts, what-so-ever! (not even at school!)
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 01:12 PM   #18
Amandil
Guy-who-should-come-here-more-often

Location: Alberta, in spirit -- Vlaanderen, in body (Canada? Never heard of it!)
I have to agree with Iron Parrot re: skirts. They are just something sweet. Nothing against pants, though. My wife doesn't like skirts, which is fine, pants look sweet on her anyway, but when she does wear a skirt (which is when the dislike of skirts has worn off over time) then she realizes how much she dislikes them. But the accessibility issue, in terms of Insidious Rex there, is very handy indeed.

I wear skirts, though. Sort of feels like you're going commando, even when you're really not. Going commando with a skirt, is, well, even more...um...searching for the right word...refreshing? You sort of feel like "the man of the moment" when you're wearing a skirt. Depends on the kind of skirt, though, can't be too flowery and whatnot. Kilts are good, skirts with fire and skulls all over them are good, towels work fine. But when other guys wear skirts? That's no good. You only like it when you, the subject, are the one wearing it.

And who says you can't be active in skirts? Tennis playing women do all the time, don't they? I've played frisbee in one (commando to boot). You just have to be a tad discreet, that's all, and that's part of the fun. Ha ha.

Er, anyway, back to what I was doing beforehand...

"Why would you want to tamper with anything Tolkien did?" --Ralph Bashki

"Seeking self, I find nothing but myself, but in this I drink the cup of gall I really am. I want everything, and I may have everything, but I have nothing except what I have. What I have I know is not what will fulfill me, and I know this in the bitterness of satisfied desire. Everything I have is still not enough, and in getting everything I have, I have not myself, indeed what I have may have twisted what I am and might be into an image of my own possessions. I will to possess, but I end up possessed by what I possess." -- William Desmond (Ethics and the Between, p. 209-210)
Amandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 01:14 PM   #19
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Amandil
I have to agree with Iron Parrot re: skirts. They are just something sweet. Nothing against pants, though. My wife doesn't like skirts, which is fine, pants look sweet on her anyway, but when she does wear a skirt (which is when the dislike of skirts has worn off over time) then she realizes how much she dislikes them. But the accessibility issue, in terms of Insidious Rex there, is very handy indeed.

I wear skirts, though. Sort of feels like you're going commando, even when you're really not. Going commando with a skirt, is, well, even more...um...searching for the right word...refreshing? You sort of feel like "the man of the moment" when you're wearing a skirt. Depends on the kind of skirt, though, can't be too flowery and whatnot. Kilts are good, skirts with fire and skulls all over them are good, towels work fine. But when other guys wear skirts? That's no good. You only like it when you, the subject, are the one wearing it.

And who says you can't be active in skirts? Tennis playing women do all the time, don't they? I've played frisbee in one (commando to boot). You just have to be a tad discreet, that's all, and that's part of the fun. Ha ha.

Er, anyway, back to what I was doing beforehand...
arnt you a bloke? hvae a word marra or are you just scottish? My gf allways goes comando oh it fun at meal times
Old 02-28-2003, 01:16 PM   #20
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
and u kiss ur mother with that mouth! i am truely shocked about you tut tut disapointed
oh dear ive reached new lows if Im getting scolded by Sween for being dirty. Its seriously amazing how many posts I end up erasing after Ive written them for fear of what the sensors here will think. And for fear of having to explain delicate things to the preteen crowd. *shudder*

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote