Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2003, 09:38 PM   #1
Hornblower
Sapling

Goblin Wars

ooc: This is an open RP

It takes place durring the goblin wars that were mentioned in the Hobbit at Rivendell when Elrond tells Gandalf and Thorin what the swords they found really are.

Character Description

Name: Elaith Hornblower
Race: Moriquendi (Dark Elf, (Of those that did not go to Valinor))
Height: 6'2"
Weapons: A dagger, Sword, Bow
Armor: Leather Jerkin

ic: I walked slowly across the narrow bridge as point to a band of elves. We where in the misty mountains hunting a band of gaints that had been raiding near by villages. Our little band of 15 or so had been tracking them for about 2 days and where starting to get high indeed up into the misty mountains. Findui our noble leader has said that if we do not meet this night then we will have to turn back and try again do to the amount of goblins in this region making travel across the mountains all but impossible. It started to rain causing the night to go blacker still and the rock to become slick beneath my feet. i hear faintly over the drum of the rain the roar of a laugh. I motioned to the rest of band to hold as I scouted ou the region before us.

I approached a large opening in the rock. "Well," I thought, "it is certainly big enough for a gaint to get through." There was firelight, and large vioces spilling out into the night. I took a peek around the wall and saw. The gathering of gaints we had been searching for. I hurried back to get the rest . . .

continue

Last edited by Hornblower : 02-18-2003 at 11:02 PM.
Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 12:06 PM   #2
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

This seems like a good idea.

name: Lee
race: Human
descrip: short, brown hair, gray eyes with a very strange imagination.
bio: runs away from familly to seek herb own adventure. Is tired of watching war come along and wishes to help. Lives in Gondore and refused to stay in a camp with the other women and children.

ic: I ran down the road avoiding detection fromthe guards I was going to make my way to Rivendell were my father took council over the ring. I wanted to help and not be stuck sowing with the other girls. My dog yelped softly as he saw a small horse coe towards us. It was just my horse Tony and I climbed opone his back and grabbed the dog along with me. My backpack was secure and with that I started off. My mother had died and I stayed with a foster familly in the mean time.
By the time they notice I am missing we will be near Lorien." I said soflty to the greyhound who was holding on with dear life. The horse galloped across the fields and I watched the bordores of Mordor disapear into the distance behind us. One more spark of firre told me that the guards had been ingaged in battly to defend thge wall again. Or at least what was left of it.
After a week on the road I finally arrived at the edge of Lorein looking out towards my destiny. The mIsty Mountains held many tales of history which I wanted to explore befoer I arrived in Rivendell. I looked at the elegant trees surrounding the woods and marveled at them despite the shivering of the greyhound. I rapped him up in a blankett and patted the side of the horse and set off again.
Misty Mountains here I come. I shouted in glee of my escape so far.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:02 PM   #3
Fingolfin_1st
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

in the vast dank caverns of mount gundabad at the north of the misty mountains there was a great gathering and mustering of arms.The goblins were preparing a great assault on erebor and dale.They came down from the hills,rank after rank,banners of black and red. before them rode thousands of wolfriders howling into the night.

ooc:hello ill join this RPG
NAME:Narin helmstrong dwarf of erebor.
WEAPONS:great axe and bow of horn.armour of chainmail and steel plates.Black helm of thick steel.

Narin was on first watch and was silently cleaning his axe when he looked up and saw the hordes of goblins on the horizon.He blew his horn and there was a clamour of dwarves rushing to man the walls.....
Old 02-19-2003, 02:23 PM   #4
Hornblower
Sapling

ooc: Great people, at this time remember moria is still in existence so it anyone would like to RP the dwarves that would be great. I would also like some to RP Durins Bane. Back to the story. Can't write much now so this will have to be a short one.

ic:

Findui look out from the rock over hang under with the band was crouched waiting for Elaith to return from his investigation of the sounds he had heard. He saw a dark figure with blonde hair appoarch. "Elaith what news of the road."

"The enemy is in a cave ahead," said Elaith, "They there whole clan in their they may be too much for us."

"Nonesence, we will take them you worry to much Elaith."

"As you say."

Of the Moriquendi
Old 02-19-2003, 09:43 PM   #5
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: I made my way up to the mountains and in the distance heard clammering inside the mounatin. Strange I thought. I hadheard of legends in Moria and wonderedwhat was going on in the depths of the mountains core. I dismounted my horse and looked around the rocks searching for a clue or at least an entrance to the bottom. I found nothing and my mystery remained. I lead my horse around to a trail and started around the mountains. I had miles to go before I reached Ilmadris and wanted to take my time even though my food would last me only a few weeks. As night fell I found myself a camping spot and laid out a blankette for the dog and tied the horse up by a tree far from the cliffs edge. During the night I could hear voices off in the distance and they sounded urgent as though ready for a battle or death.
I got up and snock away trying not to awake my companions. I looked around a corner and found two slender figures talking together discussing something while others crounded around a wall onlooking a cave entrance(I think). I gasped out loud when I saw a giant. But before I could get away from the scene....
Old 02-19-2003, 11:01 PM   #6
Hornblower
Sapling

ooc: I scimpted on my last post cause it was in math . so here is the rest.

ic:

An hour later,

I dragged myself along the path the only surviver in a battle go awry. "If only he had lissened to me when i said the we were outnumber and would be hard pressed to win," I thought. I had been knocked outbut luckly my cloak made in Lothlorien covered me so they did not notice me. I woke up later and sneaked out not hard since the gaints where all asleep from gorging on man flesh.

There is one thing though i seem to remember now just before i blacked out i heard a gaint yell they must be looking for a way to get in golfiedel. "Golfiedel the much rumored kingdom of the gobliniod alliance," i thought, "If that was an entrance then it will be closed off or guard triple at our fumbled arrival. I must get word of this to Elrond." I reached the over hang where just a little while ago our band had crouched in anticipation, and collapsed. But just before i did so i thought i saw a another figure under the overhang...

ooc: Sicirus up too you were to take that.

Of the Moriquendi

Last edited by Hornblower : 02-19-2003 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:46 AM   #7
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ic: The giants raged out knoking the little shelter the soldiers and myself had. I curled into a ball and covered my head to avoid getting hit. The giants grabbed at people and threw them around. I tried not to cry out but it was proving to be more difficult then expected. After a few moments the fighting ceased and people sat tangled in the dirt and rock while others laid unconcious. Some even dead. I got up just in time to notice the same slender figure I saw before look over at me but he seemed to be puzzled at the sight. I looked at the destroyed Hangover and gasped. I ran off to see if my two friends had not ran away. When I got to the little camp spot both were still asleep.
I ran back to see if the slender figure or elf as i guessed he was could tell me what was happening.
When I returned to question him he laid on the ground his eyes closed and body limb. I ran over to his body and shook it acouple times and finaaly told my brain that he was really unconcious. i looked back over at the giants and noticed that they were guarding something. A large but blocked out cave entrance. I wanted to check it out but also knew if they were to awake as I was approaching then I was sure to be killed. I searched aroun for survivers and only found a few who were asleep from exsaution(sp) I looked back at the cave entrance and and heard another rumbeling sound and a faint but destinct blow of a horn.
What was going on?
I had to get to Ilmadris to tell my father of this. MAybe master Elrond knows.
ooc: I have no idea what you meant by "Sicirus up too you were to take that."
Old 02-20-2003, 12:22 PM   #8
Hornblower
Sapling

ooc: Nvm the next post we should do should be us rping our coversation when i wake up. i'll start it off in a min.

Of the Moriquendi