Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-04-2003, 07:41 PM   #1
Yapaluna
Enting

Peter S. Beagle

The Innkeepers´s Song

It was my first Lola-experience (Song of the Kinks), when I kind of fell in love with Nyateneri.

Anyone else who knows this book?
Yapaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:21 PM   #2
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Who is Peter S. Beagle?

Who is Peter S. Beagle?.What is this book about??

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2003, 07:25 PM   #3
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

All I've read by him is the Last Unicorn. I love that book. Sorry I never heard of the other one though.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:42 PM   #4
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Oooh! Oooh! I'm reading the Last Unicorn right now! Ain't it cool? I've bin looking for a copy for years and I finally found one in a dark, forgotten corner of my library

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 11:45 AM   #5
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

ohh oohh did you see the movie from the 70's?? That was so cool!
Old 05-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #6
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I taped that movie off TV! I love it!

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Old 05-11-2003, 10:27 AM   #7
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

I read that book. I don't understand what everyone loves about it. Isn't it a really wierd story? The beginning was good with the telling of the unicorns but then I thought it becomes kind of freaky. Just my opinion though........

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 10:48 AM   #8
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

I like weird

Old 05-11-2003, 02:48 PM   #9
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreran the Green
I like weird
As I can see from your signature

Old 05-11-2003, 03:32 PM   #10
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Hehhehhehheh

Old 05-16-2003, 06:35 PM   #11
Yapaluna
Enting

The "other book" (The Innkeepers´s Song) tells the story of three women who want to save their master and friend. One of them has been brought back to life after drowning (Lukassa) one fled from some kind of monastery (Nyateneri) and turned out to be a man, the third one (Lal) ... I can´t remember her story. They and Lukassa´s boyfriend meet at the inn. Nyateneri is hunted by three assassins but she can kill two of them.

They can help their master, a good wizard against his enemy, a bad wizard who has sold his soul to evil for getting powerful.

What really fascinated me was the writing style of Beagle. If I would meet some of the characters in reality I would recognise them at once. Beagle writes with a feeling that really touches me. Sometimes I think Peter S. Beagle is just a pseudonym (?) and he is really a woman.
Yapaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 07:46 PM   #12
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Peter S. Beagle is cool. Okay, this probly belongs in the movie forum but question: I know they've already turned The Last Unicorn into an animated movie, but I heard a rumour somewhere that it is going to be re-made. Does anyone know if this is true?

Old 05-23-2003, 08:06 AM   #13
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

I thought this was interesting, seeing as there is a thread on Peter S. Beagle. I was just flipping through my Fellowship and I read a letter in the front cover. I never noticed before, but it was written by Mr. Beagle. And very well written by the way.

Old 05-23-2003, 12:49 PM   #14
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

I got a copy of the TT at home somewhere with that in it.