Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-08-2003, 10:03 PM   #1
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Theoden Fan Man Thread!!! :)

Arwen, Eowyn, Rosie or Galadriel (for the guys, or girls if that tickles your fancy)!!!

I figured most of the guys are sick of the Legolas frenzy that is slowly taking over these forums, so why not have a thread devoted to the lovely women

Well, as far as reading goes, I'd have to definitely pick Arwen, I've always pictured her as elegantly beautiful and enchanting. I think Liv Tyler is pretty, however she doesn't hold my picture of Arwen as accurate as I would have liked

Eowyn, has quite the appeal to her as well, Miranda Otto is a woman of many faces, in that I mean in certain scenes she looks different than she does in other ones, however when she sheds a tear, WOW, total droolage then!

Rosie, although we only catch a glimpse of her in Fellowship, she is a damn cute Hobbit Lass if I may say so myself, however I will keep my thoughts to myself so as to avoid Master Samwise

Now down to the level of the women with Legless (whoops I mean Legolas, hehe, sorry I took that name from one of the threads about friends mispronouncing names ) and his eyes, I'd have to say Galadriel's eyes are simply amazing! I've had this thing for Cate Blanchett for quite some time now and with her being the Lady of Lothlórien coupled with her beauty I'd have to say she would be my top choice. She is just so damn gorgeous! Not only is she a great actor, but she truly fits the way I picture Galadriel even right down to her movements. Her long flowing blonde hair, those star gazed blue eyes, her soft supple skin, her neck looks rather delectable and needs to be nibbled on, ok ok I may be going to far now, however maybe I am just stringing this out to show the contrasting sarcasm to the Legolas threads, but then again, maybe not! MUAHAHAHA!

Dúnadain
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen

Last edited by Dúnedain : 01-09-2003 at 12:48 AM.
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 10:26 PM   #2
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

Face it! Legolas is taking over the forums! AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP IT!!!
Accualy I don't like Legolas, Legless... LOL/ ROTFL! Don't really belong in this thread as I am a girl... leaving now!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:21 AM   #3
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

As I mentioned over the in fangirl thread when I tried to get some fanboys (ugh, I don't like that word. How about 'movie female admiring male enthusiasts' or 'enthusiastic male admirers of female stars' or something?) on board, I go for Eowyn. Somewhere during my third viewing of the movie, right after I got over the changes PJ made, I realized just how hot she is. I'm going to leave it at that before I lower myself to fangirl levels.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:35 AM   #4
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

How about that shot of Arwen in that almost translucent flesh colored dress.....the camera seemed to linger....oh well! She looked good!
Old 01-09-2003, 12:45 AM   #5
azalea
Long lost mooter

Khamul -- you could make it the "Fan Man" thread.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 12:48 AM   #6
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
Khamul -- you could make it the "Fan Man" thread.
That it now is

*EDIT* Doh! I need an admin to change the topic, as it only shows the change in the thread but not on the tppic page
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-09-2003, 12:50 AM   #7
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
How about that shot of Arwen in that almost translucent flesh colored dress.....the camera seemed to linger....oh well! She looked good!
OMG! I know I was looking ever so closely lol

--Linaewen
Old 01-09-2003, 12:52 AM   #8
Huan
Elven Warrior

Well, since this is the movie forum, I guess I have to say Galadriel. Cate Blanchett is a goddess. When all the online hubbub was going on speculating how much the movies might suck, I was assured I'd be happy enough the minute I heard she'd been cast for Galadriel. Hey you know? The Second Age (do I have my Age right?) sequence of Elrond fighting Sauron alongside Isildur et al just got me thinking: wouldn't even a quick flashback of Galadriel's combative past be awesome? She was, as Tolkien said in his letters, in her youth "of amazon disposition." I'd love to see a shot of Cate Blanchett kicking some ancient orc butt.

For the books, and maybe the movie if it turns out well, it's Eowyn. "I am no man!" No indeedy, she's not.
Huan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 01:14 AM   #9
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Now, now, Galadriel's already married!

Liv Tyler is pretty, but Arwen Undomiel she ain't.

I don't even remember Rosie; I remember she was blonde, with curly hair, and that's about it!

Eowyn is a cool character; Otto Miranda is quite attractive often.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 01:51 AM   #10
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Title changed--knock yourselves out.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 03:00 PM   #11
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

I even bought the T-shirt!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Yes she did .........you can't blame the poor cameraman for lingering.......how do you get to be a cameraman anyway?

Liv is just gorgeous.......thank the gods I don't suffer from overactive teenage hormones anymore

*poster? what poster?.......I didn't pin that piccy of Liv there*

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 09:47 PM   #12
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
I don't even remember Rosie; I remember she was blonde, with curly hair, and that's about it!
Actually her hair was like an Auburn/Red color

--Linaewen
Old 01-09-2003, 10:31 PM   #13
azalea
Long lost mooter

I was disappointed they didn't show her hairy hobbit feet!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:32 PM   #14
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
I was disappointed they didn't show her hairy hobbit feet!
LOL! Would that have been a turn on for you?

--Linaewen
Old 01-09-2003, 10:38 PM   #15
azalea
Long lost mooter

Oh...no, but I just think it would have been shocking to the uninformed guys in the audience when they showed this cute chick and then showed her big hairy feet!
Old 01-09-2003, 10:45 PM   #16
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Arwen Undomiel

Ha! I never thought of that! That would have been a trick She was a major, bouncy, healthy, bodcious looking babe. How would you do hairy hobbit feet on a hot hobbit lass? Hot babes ALWAYS have at least a bit of a heel. I suppose her feet would be very small, with little pink toenails that looked like tiny seashells, and some wicked little blondy curls. Hee hee!
Old 01-09-2003, 11:05 PM   #17
WallRocker
Elven Warrior

Okay, so we're talking about the Women of LotR. Personally, I think that Liv did some good action scenes, and Eowyn hopefully will int RotK*WallRcoker hears somebody whisper him something* OH! We're talking about their looks, not theiracting?! Nobody ever tells me anything!

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><<>< <>< <>< <><

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
And to the Republic for which it stands
One nation
UNDER GOD
with liberty and justice for all
WallRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 11:50 PM   #18
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Hey! Maybe we should, put exclamations behind all of our sentences in this thread! Y'know, to be true to the source material!!!!!!

What? I could have sworn she had blonde hair!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 01-09-2003 at 11:51 PM.
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:36 AM   #19
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Ok, I'm not lesbian or anything but I would like to express my opinion on the following: Liv Tyler as Arwen looks like an undefined toaster- shaped blob of curdled milk, somehow formed into humane form.

-~*Sminty*~- (<likes angular faces)
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 08:42 AM   #20
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

They all looked good
Rosie was pretty, and I'm very glad they didn't film her feet...