Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 06:34 PM   #1
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Helm's Deep battle breakdown

Here it is as straight from the Mail On Sunday Supplement:

Ermm..... just realised how much I'd have to type out - can't be arsed, so here's a few 'hilights'... :

5) Eowyn leads the terrified women and children of Rohan into the Glittering Caves of Aglarond.

6) Meanwhile, out on the battlefield, the Uruk-hai have placed explosives in a culvert. The blast blows a gaping hole in the Deeping Wall. Aragorn is sent flying off the wall and into the midst of the enemy horde.

9) Just as all seems lost, Eomer, King Theoden's nephew, arrives on the cliff face above Helm's Deep with a crack force of 2000 Rohirrim cavalry. They charge down the steep slop and wade into the flank of the Uruk-hai army, scattering them.

10) (in my own words) the fleeing Uruk-hai encounter the Ents and the Huorns.

So ummm...... He's arsed it up again. Nice one PJ. Worried that a full-scale battle was not 'exciting' enough? That's a fault of the Director if you ask me, not the source material.

I'm sure it'll look spectacular, but unsuprisingly he's a f*ckhead when it comes to the actual story.
Old 12-01-2002, 06:43 PM   #2
Sween
im quite stupid

does it really matter? so it doesnt stick exctally to the book but honestally who cares it will be a good battle and will be entertaining.

I personally cannot wait.
Old 12-01-2002, 10:29 PM   #3
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Re: Helm's Deep battle breakdown

Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbil
6) Meanwhile, out on the battlefield, the Uruk-hai have placed explosives in a culvert. The blast blows a gaping hole in the Deeping Wall. Aragorn is sent flying off the wall and into the midst of the enemy horde.
I saw the explosion of the wall on the TT commercial and wondered what was going on. Would Aragorn really survive such a blast?
Old 12-01-2002, 11:18 PM   #4
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I probably would have let this one go if I hadn't recently brought up the thread Battle of Helm's Deep from the depths. I don't see a need to have two threads about the same subject. Please discuss this there.

Psalm 107:31
Closed Thread