Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-12-2002, 04:42 PM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Is Osama Bin Laden alive?

A new audio tape just aired on Al Jazeera supposedly from Osama Bin Laden. It had him praising the attacks on Bali, Russia, the tanker, etc.

Quote:
A voice purported to be Osama bin Laden praised terrorist strikes in Bali and Moscow and threatened Western nations over any attack on Iraq in an audiotape broadcast today by Al-Jazeera television.
Do you think Osama is alive?
Are there any reasons for the fact that before it was always video and now it's only audio?
Do you think the tapes are legitimate?
Any ideas where he might be?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 06:19 PM   #2
Treebeard's apprentice
Elven Warrior

Even if he is still alive, he's probably scared out of his mind.
Treebeard's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:26 PM   #3
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Regardless of whether he's alive or not, it takes a lot more than one man to carry out a terrorist attack, and it takes a lot more than his death to prevent one.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:29 PM   #4
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

I think he's dead and that those tapes are just people playing around, you know, other terrorists or whatever trying to scare us or something. Yeah, I really do think he's dead.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 09:41 PM   #5
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
Regardless of whether he's alive or not, it takes a lot more than one man to carry out a terrorist attack, and it takes a lot more than his death to prevent one.
Yes I agree. But I also think if it was confirmed that he was dead it might hurt Al Qaeda's morale. I think he may be dead and they're using the tapes to make it seem, not only to us - but to the Al Qaeda foot soldiers, that he is still alive.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-13-2002, 10:07 AM   #6
Draken
Elf Lord

If his being alive wasn't important to them, why the constant need to "prove" it? It does seem odd that the video messages have been replaced by an audio one - presumably easier to fake.

Struck me that as someone who claimed he wished to die a martyr it's quite remarkable that he failed to do so while fighting the Soviets. Maybe he has finally got his wish...but if he was anywhere near a daisycutter impact we'll never find a shred of evidence I'm afraid!

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 11:41 AM   #7
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

Sure he's alive, but what good his death does I'm not sure. It might be rough justice of sorts, but it won't stop terrorism.
Old 11-13-2002, 11:57 AM   #8
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Quote:
Originally posted by markedel
Sure he's alive, but what good his death does I'm not sure. It might be rough justice of sorts, but it won't stop terrorism.
I wasn't sure, but now I do think he's alive. I know his death won't stop terrorism, but it's important to send the message that no one can get away with terrorism, anywhere.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 01:09 PM   #9
Sween
im quite stupid

i would love him to be alive then he could be taken and tried like the scum he is. dieing the best thing that could happen to him sure he would love to die a marter to the cause unfortnally i dont think we have any intention of letting him
Old 11-13-2002, 01:24 PM   #10
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Quote:
Originally posted by Draken
Struck me that as someone who claimed he wished to die a martyr it's quite remarkable that he failed to do so while fighting the Soviets. Maybe he has finally got his wish...but if he was anywhere near a daisycutter impact we'll never find a shred of evidence I'm afraid!
Like most of his ilk, he seems to prefer that others do the martyrdom thing for him.
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:37 PM   #11
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
i would love him to be alive then he could be taken and tried like the scum he is. dieing the best thing that could happen to him sure he would love to die a marter to the cause unfortnally i dont think we have any intention of letting him

I don't think that a trial would be a good idea. We'd have to be fair and Osama could make a mockery of our judicial system. Worse yet, he would be able to communicate publicly with all of his operatives through publicity, maybe even inspiring others.

Wouldn't it be funny if someone here said they were Osama?

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:48 PM   #12
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by Beleg Strongbow
wouldn't it be funny if someone here said they were Osama?
'funny' isn't the word that comes to my mind. How about stupid, crass, and tasteless?
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 02:51 PM   #13
Silverstripe

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
'funny' isn't the word that comes to my mind. How about stupid, crass, and tasteless?
I agree, crickhollow -- but I wouldn't be surprised if someone did.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:05 PM   #14
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Beleg Strongbow
I don't think that a trial would be a good idea. We'd have to be fair and Osama could make a mockery of our judicial system. Worse yet, he would be able to communicate publicly with all of his operatives through publicity, maybe even inspiring others.

Wouldn't it be funny if someone here said they were Osama?
so just a lovely execution. i beg that he does acctually deserve a trail by law (which i would hope the country that has set its sights on righting wrongs sticks to). But what would the charges be? he didnt personally comitt these crimes did he now? so what would he get conspiring? hardly a life sentance is it?

would the american people really be just happy with him been killed my grandad allways saidof hittler he wished he had been taken alive so he could of got the pleasure of maybe one day spitting in his face like the scum he was.

Off topic someone i work with was trying to convince me that sadam is worse than hittler
Old 11-13-2002, 03:25 PM   #15
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
so just a lovely execution. i beg that he does acctually deserve a trail by law (which i would hope the country that has set its sights on righting wrongs sticks to). But what would the charges be? he didnt personally comitt these crimes did he now? so what would he get conspiring? hardly a life sentance is it?

would the american people really be just happy with him been killed my grandad allways saidof hittler he wished he had been taken alive so he could of got the pleasure of maybe one day spitting in his face like the scum he was.

Off topic someone i work with was trying to convince me that sadam is worse than hittler
Most people in the US support the old fashioned method for Osama Bin Laden - Drawing and Quartering. Then taking his head and putting it on display at Ground Zero - stuck on top of one of the Twin Tower beams. Little morbid - but it get's it's message across. No one seems to really want to give him the benefit of a trial. He'll make a mockery of our judicial system or take advantage of our freedoms.

Who would you get to represent him during a trial? who would want to? I think it would be suicide for any lawyer to defend Osama Bin Laden on American soil.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-13-2002, 03:45 PM   #16
Sween
im quite stupid

ill defend him with my inepitude and complete wanting him to get killed ill see he gets the cahir even if the only charge you guys can make ne thing stick to is un paid parking fines.

i am affraid JD that i am a strong believer if you are gonna have freedoms that you have to afford them to your enemy. The world is not 1 rule for one and another rule for another or at least it shouldn. Now if the charges he is facing is against the US i think its US business so your free to do what your law permits. Im sure one of the worst sentances would be to send him to a medium security prision where he would be free to converse with all his US cellmates. May i suggest a prision in new york or just for the pain value texas?
Old 11-13-2002, 04:02 PM   #17
Silverstripe

I think we may just kill him when we find him. What if we took him to prison and his people managed to break him out? They would probably kill more Americans in the process! Although it might be fitting to keep him in prison for a little while -- just long enough to tell Al Qaeda how helpful he was being, how much information he was giving us ...
American prisons are much too nice for him, though. If he were somewhere where "cruel and unusual punishment" were allowed (that did not support him), it might be different.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:16 PM   #18
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Silverstripe
If he were somewhere where "cruel and unusual punishment" were allowed (that did not support him), it might be different.
Why do you think we let other countries question a lot of the Al Qaeda prisoners. Middle Eastern countries' hands aren't as tied on how they get people to talk as the US is.

And Sween I agree with you - I'm just saying what most people would like to see happen. But there are currently arguments saying that the snipers aren't going ot be able to get a fair trial - so how do you expect Osama to get one?

I also agree that an American prison - as you said in NY - might not be a bad idea. A few times in the shower, a few head beatings, a few "accidents". I'm sure the guards and Americans would look the other way. I can almost guarantee that he would not make it out of an American prison alive.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 11-13-2002, 07:29 PM   #19
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil

I also agree that an American prison - as you said in NY - might not be a bad idea. A few times in the shower, a few head beatings, a few "accidents". I'm sure the guards and Americans would look the other way. I can almost guarantee that he would not make it out of an American prison alive.
oh but i would hope that they beat him to just an inch of his life everyday we want him to suffer like the dog he is (for many a year) they could also laugh at the size of his *ahem* everyday next to all those big black men
Old 11-13-2002, 09:27 PM   #20
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Re: Is Osama Bin Laden alive?

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Do you think Osama is alive?
Are there any reasons for the fact that before it was always video and now it's only audio?
Do you think the tapes are legitimate?
Any ideas where he might be?
Of couse he is still alive (at lease we have to presume he is)

They've used audio before.

They have to be treat as legit.......there is no proof that they are not.

He's not in my house........I know that for sure. As a second guess I'd say in Pakistan. On the premise that Pakistan has a large Al Queada following and they are also a nuclear power.

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 11-13-2002 at 09:31 PM.
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote