Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-08-2002, 10:01 PM   #1
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

More about 'Mooters

Mods, if this has been done, sorry.

You can only find Oh-So much about Mooters unless you directly ask em (hmmmm, common sense?) so Here is a thread where YOU as a mooter can explain somethings about yourself, so that newbies and tohers don't have to ask you those ANNOYING questions over and over again!

Feel free to add whatever you want, I will wait to put my answers up to see if anyone replies.
This is a small Template.

What is YOUR favorite middle-earth location? (IE Bree, Hobbiton, The fire's of mordor?)
What color are your eyes, and hair, AND how tall are you?
What's your favorite color?
What was the WORST job you EVER had?
What other author (besides Tolkien) do you consider your 'favorite'?
What religion are you?
What are your pet peeves?
Do you see your cup as half empty or half full?

What three things would you need if stranded on a deserted island?
If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose?>
What is your philosophy for life?
And if you got a Jellybean flavor, what would it be?

Okay that about sums it up.

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:21 PM   #2
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Re: More about 'Mooters

Quote:

What is YOUR favorite middle-earth location? (IE Bree, Hobbiton, The fire's of mordor?)
What religion are you?

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose?>
And if you got a Jellybean flavor, what would it be? [/B]
Well, this has been done before, but not with these questions, so it's fresh enough for me!

Fave location....Rivendell
Brown eyes, brown hair, 5feet 6inches
Fave color is green
I don't care for fiction, so Tolkien 's fine.
What religion am I! ha ha ha
Pet peeves...people making noise when they eat, bragging,
Cup is half full and waiting
I would need three hundred things! Ibuprofren, a warm blanket, lip gloss
I'll eat salad!
My philosophy for life?! Geez...Do your best, do the right thing, don't tell em what you're thinking, smile-people are nice, keep trying, Screw-em! (naughty boy Anduril)
Make my jellybeans licorice please.

What about you Aeryn?
Old 11-08-2002, 10:32 PM   #3
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

What is YOUR favorite middle-earth location? (IE Bree, Hobbiton, The fire's of mordor?): Mirkwood, it has good and evil everything an elf could want1
What color are your eyes, and hair, AND how tall are you? brown, blue,5'6 (hee hee, I am at last NOT shorter than someone!!!!)
What's your favorite color? Dark Blue
What was the WORST job you EVER had? I had to dog sit one summer, that dog bit me so many times it was just wrong
What other author (besides Tolkien) do you consider your 'favorite'? Dean Koontz, or Stephen King...wait I LOVE UM ALL
What religion are you? Ima nothin' religion, don't believe in anything.
What are your pet peeves? People who chew with their mouths open, that is just gross, and people who burp and don't excuse themselves (along with a number of OTHER bodily functions)
Do you see your cup as half empty or half full? I see my cup as..."are you gunna drink that?"

What three things would you need if stranded on a deserted island? errrrr...thats a tough one(I'm sorry I posted it, it REALLY puts you on the spot) I would take A) and endless supply of chocolate , B) Suntan lotion (I dont wanna burn) C) and lastly I would take...hmm...An escape motor powered boat so I could get the HECK OUTTA THERE!
If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Alaskan No-Peak Surprise
What is your philosophy for life? It works better if you plug it in.
And if you got a Jellybean flavor, what would it be? Cherry. Or Jalapeno (YUM! But not the two at the same time, blarg!)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, how's that, and Thanks for replying Lizra!

Old 11-08-2002, 10:34 PM   #4
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

That's funny! At 5'6, I consider myself tall. I do have long legs, and with heels, well, I feel tall!

Oh I forgot the best one! The worst job.
It was working at a record (album) warehouse, in the ordering dept. I am not a 9 to 5 sit down person. First of all, in an office setting, the first thing people do is gossip! At this time, I was a WILD Punk woman, and most all the others were silky baseball jacket cokespoon buffoons! Oh, it was a real recipe for disaster! You had to have experienced the 70's to know what I mean. Waitressing is my idea of a fun job! (In an upscale restaurant of course!) I really want to teach art at a public school.

Last edited by Lizra : 11-08-2002 at 10:40 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:42 PM   #5
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

What is Alaskan no-peak surprise?
Old 11-08-2002, 10:47 PM   #6
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

Favorite Middle Earth location ~ Lothlorien
Eyes ~ Blue
Hair ~ Blonde
Height ~ 5'1''
Favorite color ~ um... sliver or blue
Worst job I've ever had ~ well, considering how I've never had a job, can't say which is the worst! I only just turned 14 last month.
Favorite author ~ Philip Pullman
Religion ~ Catholic
Pet peeves ~ when people don't acknowledge you when you ask or tell them something, and then you end up repeating it and they say, "I heard you the first time!"
Half-empty or half-full ~ half-empty, I'm kind of pessimistic, I don't expect the best so I'm not let down if I do bad at something.
Three things on a desert island ~ um... I have no idea! I don't plan on being stranded on a desert island in the first place
One food for the rest of my life ~ chicken fingers and fries! my all-time favorite food!
Old 11-08-2002, 10:51 PM   #7
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Alaskan No=Peak Surpirse, is chicken breasts in rice and mushroom soup and butter and something else (Can't member) But it is the BEST!!!!!! I LOVE IT!

*dreams of the scurmptous chicken* The chicken is also REAL good if you marinate it first in the Japanese sauce my dad makes....YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

And the Rice is super good the next day and all, YUMMY!

Man Lizra...you made me hungry!

Goldberry: People who do that bother me too, it's like PAY ATTENTION!

Old 11-08-2002, 11:03 PM   #8
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeryn
What religion are you?
Rohan
Hazel eyes (legacy of my Mother ) Hair varies in colour from time to time. Height 5'11(ish)
Blue.
Working for the Local Authority (Council) or tutoring IT to 16-40+yr olds.
Neil Gaiman
Pagan (as opposed to Neo-Pagan)
None, I enjoy my peeves equally
I ask "Who stole half my drink?"

Edit:missed some questions

Sunblock, typewriter and paper.
Tuna salad.
"Do what thou will" (if you don't do it, who are you gonna trust to do it)
Blueberry (if this is a Jellybean flavour, if not then it should be)

Beatallica

Last edited by Coney : 11-08-2002 at 11:26 PM.
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 11:19 PM   #9
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

lol, but what about

?????

Old 11-08-2002, 11:40 PM   #10
Philia
Enting

What is YOUR favorite middle-earth location? (IE Bree, Hobbiton, The fire's of mordor?): That is hard, I like the Gondor atmosphere, the White tree and everything
What color are your eyes, and hair, AND how tall are you? black blue 5'7
What's your favorite color? red
What was the WORST job you EVER had? I've had alot of bad jobs, but the worst was I worked at a dog kennel, and I did the clean up I was like 16 at the time.
What other author (besides Tolkien) do you consider your 'favorite'? That is a hard one, Frank McCourt
What religion are you? I am undeclared at this point in time
What are your pet peeves? People who come over and don't rinse there plates after eating a meal. Guys who thinks dinner and a movie intitles them to sex, Drunk people in general, People who look over your shoulder when you are writing or reading or whatever, Someone who makes cracks about my name. Someone who calls me "Frenchy"
Do you see your cup as half empty or half full? Half empty

What three things would you need if stranded on a deserted island? A watch (I atleast wanna know what time it is), a fishing rod, and a pillow
If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Apples, I love apples
What is your philosophy for life? Try hard to succeed, and try hard at being a good person. No wait it is "Love your enemies, it really pisses them off!!"
And if you got a Jellybean flavor, what would it be? Watermelon
Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not. Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it. Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away. --Unknown

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. --Robert Louis Stevenson

Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools. --Unknown

Love your enemies. It really pisses them off! --Unknown

Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age. --Jeanne Moreau, French Actress

We are never so helplessly unhappy as when we lose love. --Sigmund Freud
Philia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:06 AM   #11
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

So Philia, Your pet peeve is drunks, and you're a bartender? oops!
I almost said pillow for the desert island myself!
Old 11-09-2002, 12:09 AM   #12
Philia
Enting

Yeah, that is right Lizra, drunks never REALLY bothered me till I started workin' as a bartender. Just because I see them everyday,and many of them have family that know where to look for them when they don't come home. That bothers me.
Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not. Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it. Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away. --Unknown

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us. --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant. --Robert Louis Stevenson

Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age. --Jeanne Moreau, French Actress

Old 11-09-2002, 12:12 AM   #13
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

I've been a Barman............it's a dismal job for a guy.....it sounds even worse for a woman .......the pub (bar) I worked in was only a small country pub, but I still had to deal with drunken louts 50% of the nights I worked

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:17 AM   #14
Philia
Enting

Coney, you have my sympathies. But beside the drunks and the pervs I love my job, I am Ass. Manager, and life is pretty much good, being related to the owner doesn't hurt either!

Old 11-09-2002, 12:26 AM   #15
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

favorite ME location? Rivendell -- the food is very good, I hear
my eyes? grey-green
hair? light brown
height? 5'4"
favorite color? off-black (the color of dirt )
worst job? a record store when I was in high school: endless bad pop music (early 70s top 40 -- UGH) - got fired and promptly shaved my head (yes, I was a punk, too, Lizra!)
fave author besides JRRT? changes weekly -- at the moment Lawrence Durrell (I'm in the middle of the Alexandria Quartet )
religion? not for me, thanks
pet peeves? emotionally manipulative people, intolerant bigots, people who litter
my cup is half - empty -- I'm pretty nihilistic, I guess
3 things for a desert island? a satellite phone to call for help, flares to shoot off once they get there, a bottle of champagne to celebrate my rescue
one thing I could eat for the rest of my life is chana dal w/basmati rice -- I love Indian food!
philosophy for life? Resist much, obey little. (Walt Whitman)
jellybean flavor? black licorice
Old 11-09-2002, 12:32 AM   #16
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Aiii! Early seventies top forty was the worst music ever created! The Eagles, the Doobie Bros, repeat five hundred times, throw in a little Muskrat Love. There's a thread somewhere about really bad music, and one about bad music that you like!

oooh! Black Licorice jellybeans too! We are soulmates!

Last edited by Lizra : 11-09-2002 at 12:33 AM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:35 AM   #17
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Aiii! Early seventies top forty was the worst music ever created! The Eagles, the Doobie Bros, repeat five hundred times, throw in a little Muskrat Love. There's a thread somewhere about really bad music, and one about bad music that you like!
yup, I've seen the thread -- but couldn't bring myself to read it -- too many awful memories... there was some instrumental pseudo jazz song that we HAD to play daily -- I'm blocking the musician's name, may he rest in peace

love all black licorice -- the darker and more bitter the better!!!

Last edited by Hasty Ent : 11-09-2002 at 12:37 AM.
Hasty Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:36 AM   #18
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

What is YOUR favorite middle-earth location? ROhan or Mirkwood
What color are your eyes, and hair, AND how tall are you? Brown/blonde, blue eyes, 5"6
What's your favorite color? blue or green or grey
What was the WORST job you EVER had? School!
What other author (besides Tolkien) do you consider your 'favorite'? Phillip Pullman!!!
What religion are you? "jewish" but really nothing, agnotsic i suppose
What are your pet peeves? close mindedness, teachers who think you only take their class, clowns, celery...
Do you see your cup as half empty or half full? depends on the day i guess, monday definitely half empty.

What three things would you need if stranded on a deserted island? really two things, a plane and someone to fly it.
If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose? can i pick a cuisine? Japanses definitely. but i can't pick one thing! i love food!
What is your philosophy for life? something along the lines of what Nellie McClung said: "Never retreat, never retract,
never apologise; just get the thing done and let them howl"

And if you got a Jellybean flavor, what would it be? jelly bellys hot cinnamon!

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:50 AM   #19
Ben
Retired Ent

What is YOUR favorite middle-earth location? Entmoot
What color are your eyes, and hair, AND how tall are you? It varies . Hair can be brown or sometimes blondish (this is naturally), eyes are blue/gray/green. Height? I'm not sure, but shorter than I'd like .
What's your favorite color? Blue
What was the WORST job you EVER had? never had a job
What other author (besides Tolkien) do you consider your 'favorite'? Right now, I'd say Harry Turtledove
What religion are you? Jewish
What are your pet peeves? spammers, yucky chewing noises, group projects
Do you see your cup as half empty or half full? uhhh

What three things would you need if stranded on a deserted island? Computer with internet access, marimba, unlimited supply of food
If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Chocolate
What is your philosophy for life? Visit TolkienTrail.com
And if you got a Jellybean flavor, what would it be? chocolate

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 12:52 AM   #20
Philia
Enting

You are an unabashed premoter (premooter ) I take it.

Or is it permoter? geeez, thanks milder, you confused me!

Last edited by Philia : 11-09-2002 at 12:55 AM.