Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-02-2002, 06:13 PM   #1
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
Wormtounge?

what happened to Saurunam's little sidekick in the movie? Maybe i just missed it or something....

Last edited by Firekitten2006 : 11-02-2002 at 06:41 PM.
Firekitten2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 06:45 PM   #2
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

All will be revealed in The Two Towers

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 07:24 PM   #3
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Re: Wormtounge?

Quote:
Originally posted by Firekitten2006
what happened to Saurunam's little sidekick in the movie? Maybe i just missed it or something....
Do you mean if he's in the TT or not? If you watch the trailer he's there. An ugly, slimy guy hanging around Theoden and Saruman.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:34 PM   #4
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Cass! Don't call him slimy - that's not very nice! After all, they said Smeagol was slimy, and it doesn't make him a bad bloke. Hey, even Aragorn has slimy hair, but I don't hear anybody saying "Eeew!" to him...
Anyway, to get on topic (wow!) Wormtongue will turn up in TTT. It's been a while since I read the books, but was Wormy even in FOTR? I'm not sure...
Lanelf.

Artemis Fowl must find Mulch Diggums!

You'll never shut down the real Napster
Lanelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 11:08 PM   #5
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

No I didn't think he was slimey looking either. Pastey faced, swollen, and pimply, yeah. He doesn't look like I imagined. I would think to dupe the king and all, he would have had to look a little better than that! He looks like a sicko! I will be keen on seeing how his character is written, and what his voice sounds like. He "looks" pathetic! Oh yeah, he reminded me of Bruno, Count Floyd's hunchback sidekick on SCTV, (played by Eugene Levy). Anybody watch SCTV?

Last edited by Lizra : 11-07-2002 at 11:09 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 12:04 AM   #6
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
anybody know where i can get the trailer?? I have tried and tried and tried. I cant seem to download quicktime so maybe one on macromedia player?
Old 11-08-2002, 12:48 AM   #7
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

Oh yeah.... wormtongue will be there.

But, I have a kind of related question to ask.
(Forgive me for those following my posts,... yes, it involves Eowyn.) ::rolling your eyes now?? Go ahead and get it out of your system::

I was totally clueless that Wormtongue was "after" Eowyn and had his eyes fixed on her "in that way".

eeeewwwwww

Anyone have more thoughts on this?
Eowyn of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 12:48 AM   #8
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
No I didn't think he was slimey looking either. Pastey faced, swollen, and pimply, yeah. He doesn't look like I imagined. I would think to dupe the king and all, he would have had to look a little better than that! He looks like a sicko! I will be keen on seeing how his character is written, and what his voice sounds like. He "looks" pathetic! Oh yeah, he reminded me of Bruno, Count Floyd's hunchback sidekick on SCTV, (played by Eugene Levy). Anybody watch SCTV?
lordoftherings.net had a short QuickTime clip about the baddies in TTT (Saruman, Wormtongue, and Gollum), and on it Karl Urban (Eomer) makes a rather funny remark. He says that among all of the tall, blonde, and beautiful Rohirrim, you see this slimy creature in the corner, and go, "hmmm...would it be....him?" I thought it was funny, anyway.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:30 AM   #9
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanelf
Cass! Don't call him slimy - that's not very nice! After all, they said Smeagol was slimy, and it doesn't make him a bad bloke. Hey, even Aragorn has slimy hair, but I don't hear anybody saying "Eeew!" to him...
Anyway, to get on topic (wow!) Wormtongue will turn up in TTT. It's been a while since I read the books, but was Wormy even in FOTR? I'm not sure...
Lanelf.
I meant slimy in a personality type way. Anyway, Grima is not a nice person, so I am allowed to call him names! And don't worry, I would never say ewww to Aragorn. I am sure that Wormtongue was not in FOTR.

EOR: I didn't get the impression that Grima was after Eowyn in the books, but I will have to check, because I havn't read them for a while. I think I read somewhere that Grima will be after Eowyn in the movie.

Ooops, I just realised that I interchanged Wormtongue and Grima. Grima is quicker to type. For those who don't know, Grima = Wormtongue.

Last edited by cassiopeia : 11-08-2002 at 01:32 AM.
cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 01:38 AM   #10
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
He most definitely was...there's a quote about it being the only thing he wanted, and how Saruman promised him Eowyn if Grima aided him, or summat.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:42 AM   #11
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

Cassiopeia wrote: I didn't get the impression that Grima was after Eowyn in the books, but I will have to check, because I havn't read them for a while. I think I read somewhere that Grima will be after Eowyn in the movie.

You know... I didn't think so either until someone mentioned it (or I read it in an article) the other day. So I went back and looked,... and INDEED, it *IS* mentioned in the book.

(TTT, The King of the Golden Hall):

"Nay, Eomer, you do not fully understand the mind of Master Wormtongue,' said Gandalf, turning his piercing glance upon him. 'He is bold and cunning. Even now he plays a game with peril and wins a throw. Hours of my precious time he has wasted already. Down, snake!' he said suddenly in a terrible voice. 'Down on your belly! How long is it since Saruman brought you? What was the promised price? When all the men were dead, you wear to pick you share of the treasure, and take the woman you desire? Too long have you watched her under your eyelids and haunted her steps.'
Eomer grasped his sword. 'That I knew already,' he muttered. 'For that reason I would have slain him before, forgetting the law of the hall. But there are other reasons.' He stepped forward, but Gandalf stayed him with his hand.

Gandalf is talking about Eowyn.... and Eomer, her brother, is ready to kill Grima for it.

So.... what do you think?
Old 11-08-2002, 01:50 AM   #12
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

EOR, I just found that quote and was going to type it up just as you posted! Thank you! Well, the LOTR is a long book and some things go right over your head. Eomer knows that Wormtongue is evil and the thought of his sister being with him disgusts him, so I suppose thats why he wants to kill him.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:55 AM   #13
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

Still!! How did I so COMPLETELY miss that before???

::Sigh:: Guess I just have to go back and reread the whole thing in case there are other things I missed.

Oh woe is me!! Such is my hateful lot. I don't know how I will be able to bear this burden!
Old 11-08-2002, 02:19 AM   #14
olsonm
Elf Lord

I've read it five times now and I still find that I missed things!
Old 11-08-2002, 02:25 AM   #15
Eowyn of Rohan
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by olsonm
I've read it five times now and I still find that I missed things!
Was Wormtongue wanting Eowyn one of those things that you missed? It was one *I* missed!
Old 11-08-2002, 02:28 AM   #16
olsonm
Elf Lord

No, I did notice that. But I only remembered it because of what Aragorn (and Gandalf) said about Eowyn in "The Houses of Healing" chapter in RotK. Love that part. Very interesting insight on Eowyn's character.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:58 AM   #17
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I am the QUEEN of missing small details. I didn't even notice Prince Imrahil until my 8th reading! I *did* notice how leecherous Wormtongue was though; miracle of miracles!
Old 11-08-2002, 03:03 AM   #18
olsonm
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I am the QUEEN of missing small details.
I can vouch for that!
Old 11-08-2002, 03:42 AM   #19
Millane
The Dude

if you wanted a pic of wormtongue in the movie here is a link to some pretty cool desktops... there is one of Grishnakh aswell...
http://www.lordoftherings.net/index_...down_desk.html
so there you go...