Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-31-2002, 11:22 AM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Happy Halloween!!!!

The best holiday ever.

So what is everyone doing this year for Halloween? I don't think I'm doing anything yet. I usually go all out for Halloween - but I didn't have any time this year.

Which countries celebrate halloween and which one's don't and what do you guys do for Halloween?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 11:32 AM   #2
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Well, last week I missed a costume party. Oh well, didn't have a costume anyway. So, tonight I am carving a jack-o-lantern, and passing out candy. Pretty dull huh?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 11:36 AM   #3
Sween
im quite stupid

i went out last nite to a party and im off down the rampant bull tonight cos they are having a party and the owner said the drinks are free for me

Its not really that a big a deal over here as i think it is in america is it a national holiday in america?

im just gonna get right royally bolloxed then go play tricks on the 14 year old trick old trick or treaters
Old 10-31-2002, 11:49 AM   #4
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

We carved four Jack-o-lanterns last night. Of course, we went to a giant pumpkin patch last week during fall break, took the hayride wagon out to the pumpkin patch, and ran around in circles for quite a while, looking for the "perfect", "most awesome" pumpkins. I decorated the house with our traditional Halloween decs three weeks ago. Of course, we played the cassette tape (that should tell you how long we've been doing this!) of "scary" Halloween sounds that is required when carving pumpkins.
We have already polished off a big bag of Halloween candy. (we live way out on a farm and do not get trick-or-treaters, but I still use this as an excuse to buy candy and put it in big bowls. )

Tonight we will go trick-or-treating. I will be a ghost, all white clothes, big white bathrobe, long white gloves, and a double bed size sheet with two eyes cut out. It swirls and blows in the wind, and looks very impressive from a distance. (It's hard to keep in place and see, breathe, and hold a flashlight at the same time!) I just like to create a little "atmosphere"! Daughter will be her standard black cat, son is going as Batman.

I made 17 treat bags to send to son's 1st grade class. They have little haunted house boxes with Star Wars stickers in them, Starburst lollypops, 3 kinds of bubblegum, Life-Savers gummies, Twizzlers, and Jolly Rancher lollypops. At school, they will not do "Halloween". It is called "Pumpkin Day", and is celebrated the day after. No ghosts or goblins are allowed, all activities are centered around pumpkins! Weird and rather boring, but politically correct I guess for the Halloween is the work of Satan people!

Last edited by Lizra : 10-31-2002 at 03:12 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 11:59 AM   #5
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I don't know what I'm doing. Usually I go to costume parties but I'm at university and not legal so I can't go to a club. My res is going out but I have an 8;30 class
Old 10-31-2002, 12:07 PM   #6
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

Because I live in Jr. Housing on campus (two steps up from dorms, but one step down from an actual apartment), the Halloween bash comes to me! Students are invited to come to "The Party in the Penthouse." Each of the six dorms will have a different theme going on. Our dorm is having a b&w movie night, and we're showing a bunch of old Alfred Hitchcock movies...The Birds, the Man who Knew Too Much, Rear Window, etc.
I still haven't decided what I'm going to dress up as.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 12:07 PM   #7
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

oh i was going to do the standard, dress up as one of tolkien's elves in the costume i spent weeks making, carve my pumpkin, eat food then go out and egg houses and get smashed. (not in the dress of course )
but tonight im not dressing up, im not egging houses and im not going to be happy- im going to sit in the basement and try not to throw up because im sick
Old 10-31-2002, 12:19 PM   #8
kiwi
Elven Warrior

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

I'm taking my little brother, my little sister and their friend out trick or treating and watching most haunted!
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 12:25 PM   #9
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Oh just the usual Black Mass in my house. Pentagrams, black candles, sarificie the virgin and have sex with the goat (although I may have the last two parts of the ritual confused, it doesn't seem right somehow )

Seriously tho', my parents have thrown a halloween party for the kids in their street every year for the last 25 yrs!! It's cool and, if like this year, I live local to my folks I get drafted in to help with the party, great excuse for me to dress up and play at being a kid again .............. great fun for the bairns as well of course .

From their I'll be returning home for a quiet night of candles,not black, wine/beer and some cakes I have in the oven at the mo

Yeah Halloween does seem to be a much bigger occasion in other countries than here ............. nobody over the age of 10yrs gets into Halloween much anymore

One small custom diffo' I've noticed is that here in NE England we tend to give gifts of money instead of candy, no idea why that is but it's generally agreed to be safer as too many sicko's put drugs and stuff in the sweets .

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 12:30 PM   #10
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

oh that isn't nice, putting drugs in the candy.

see you don't have to worry about that here out in the boondocks. no one can afford drugs besides pot and maybe once in a while acid. but anyone who would buy acid for halloween wouldn't want to waste it on anyone who wasn't in thier close circle of friends. hehe the first time i tried acid it was halloween, heh..heh.. i got stuck in a strobe light for twenty minutes. woo!
Old 10-31-2002, 01:26 PM   #11
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I went out last year, nearly froze to death. Why can't ghosts wear jeans jackets? It sure would have kept this little ghost from actually freezing to death. Anyway I'm not going this year because I've got no one to go with and I'm definately not going alone. I might help my mom out (if she let me) since the shops stay open until later so kids can come and for 'een vloekje of een snoepje' (dutch variant of 'trick or treat')
Old 10-31-2002, 03:18 PM   #12
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Tell your mom to throw on a costume and go with you! Nobody will know who she is! hehe...I just stand to the side, I love to watch all the little kids. My favorite though, is the "young" parents, (who are still kids themselves!) that dress up their one year old, and carry the little pumpkin around saying "Trick-or-treat" for him. The baby almost always starts crying as some of the houses are done up very scary with strobe lights and scary sounds etc.
Old 10-31-2002, 03:24 PM   #13
jerseydevil

I always decorated my house in Indiana really scary. I had plastic cauldrons with dry ice and the last year I was there I took my tiki torches and had them leading up the sidewalk. Plus I always had scary sounds and I would do make up for my friends. I was usually Dracula - but I have gone as zombies.

Some parents used to come up to me and say their child was afraid - but they kept asking to go past my house again and again.

If I do my "ripped off zombie face" makeup - I only do half the face and one hand and arm. That way I can have my good side facing the little kids so they don't get afraid. I have a picture of me like this - I lost a bunch of pictures. I need to see if I can find my negatives or something.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 10-31-2002, 03:28 PM   #14
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I always decorated my house in Indiana really scary. I had plastic cauldrons with dry ice and the last year I was there I took my tiki torches and had them leading up the sidewalk. Plus I always had scary sounds and I would do make up for my friends. I was usually Dracula - but I have gone as zombies.

Some parents used to come up to me and say their child was afraid - but they kept asking to go past my house again and again.

If I do my "ripped off zombie face" makeup - I only do half the face and one hand and arm. That way I can have my good side facing the little kids so they don't get afraid. I have a picture of me like this - I lost a bunch of pictures. I need to see if I can find my negatives or something.
awwwwwwwww were really seeing a diffrent side of you today. any hoooooo im off down pub for my traditional celebration of getting very very very drunk

in a while people have a good evening whatever your up too.
Old 10-31-2002, 04:27 PM   #15
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Sween
awwwwwwwww were really seeing a diffrent side of you today. any hoooooo im off down pub for my traditional celebration of getting very very very drunk
Halloween is the BEST holiday. Have fun at he pub. Tonight I'll post the two pics I have.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 10-31-2002, 04:55 PM   #16
Treebeard's apprentice
Elven Warrior

I never get very excited about Halloween (or really anything for that matter -- I'm sort of a dull guy I suppose). My suite-mate has been talking about going as Sideshow Bob. I don't know if he will, but it would be hilarious. He really has the hair for it, too.
Treebeard's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:20 PM   #17
katya
Elven Maiden

Halloween isn't my favourite holiday actually i was planning on staying home but then i found out that the this guy i like is going with the people I was invited to trick-or-treat with. I dont really have a costume though. I feel too old to trick-or-treat, but then again in that case I would have to be too old to climb trees, and that cannot be.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 05:30 PM   #18
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Happy Halloween!!

Halloween isn't my favorite holiday either. I am going to dress up though. I am going to be Goldberry(My mom has this really old dress that looks exactly like one Goldberry would wear). I am not going to go trick-or-treating. I am too old. (Katya- I am too old to climb trees too. unless of course there is a latter going up to it )
well hope you people have fun!

~*Ms. Undomial*~
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:02 PM   #19
katya
Elven Maiden

No Mrs. Undomial! No!!! You are never too old to climb trees!! Hey my mom is 41 and she climbs my spruce tree once in a while. How old are you anyway?
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 06:14 PM   #20
Ms. Undomial
Custous Sanctus

Katya- yea well that is your mom. how old am i??? I thought I told you... oh well, if you don't know then you shouldn't know, but i was sure I told you.... Maybe it was Eruvial i told....hum... have to think about that... btw katya, it is Ms. Undomial, not Mrs. Undomial.

~*Ms. Undomial*~
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. - Dune

Last edited by Ms. Undomial : 10-31-2002 at 06:17 PM.
Ms. Undomial is offline   Reply With Quote