Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-31-2002, 07:48 PM   #1
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

I got stitches

since i was last on my dog accidently bit my ear (u pro'lly wonder how that's accidentle(Sp???), i'll explain in a sec), i went to the hospitial got stitches ate supper and came to my fav messageboard.

i was running down the road from the library and my dad came down the road with the truck and the dog was in the truck, since the dog dosent like being in cars that much she was barking, i stuck my hand for her to sniff so she'd know it was me and she stopped barking so that's when i went to sit down on the seat and she went forward and starting barking and my ear ran into her mouth and she closed her mouth.(SHE DID NOT BITE ME ON PURPOSE!) Then me and dad went home and mom freaked out then she cleaned the cut then we went to the ER and there was no one there so i went right in and got stitches the doctor said if the stuff they use to stitch up the ear was any smaller they'd need a microscope. Then we went home.
Old 08-31-2002, 08:23 PM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I got bitten by my parents rotties tonnes of times. No accidents either. That'll teach me to wind up rottweillers.
Old 08-31-2002, 10:28 PM   #3
Khadrane
Elf Lord

Once this evil dog next door started chasing me down the road. It was scary then, but now I imagine how funny it must have looked...

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 01:14 AM   #4
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
I got bitten by my parents rotties tonnes of times. No accidents either. That'll teach me to wind up rottweillers.
i can just picture you riling up ROTTWILERS BoP! it seems so insane, so perfect... haha
Old 09-01-2002, 02:30 AM   #5
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by LuthienTinuviel

i can just picture you riling up ROTTWILERS BoP! it seems so insane, so perfect... haha
Yes The absolutely best incident was when I blew down Brutus' nose because he wouldn't give me back my socks. I got a hole in the nose, and a fat lip for that one.
Old 09-01-2002, 03:13 AM   #6
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
I would assume that blowing down a dog's nose is NOT the best way to reclaim your socks. I'll remember that in case my dear little Rosie gets any ideas.

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 03:18 AM   #7
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yes. I know that now.

I was not original in this bright idea. My oma uses this technique on her mini dachshunds to make them let go of the "fox" at hound racing. I should have known that it wouldn't transfer well to a dog with a known aggression problem.

(I was a stupid kid. )
Old 09-01-2002, 04:26 AM   #8
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

The first time I ever saw rottweillers, I got small chunks ripped out of both shoulders. Small, as in 1cm x 1cm. That was when I was about ten.

When I was seven, I taunted a german shepard, and promply went to hospital (the dog basically ripped off all the upper-layer skin from my right palm.

Oh, and a couple months ago, as some of you know, I was admiring the cuteness of my dog.....when I found out that the cuteness was a gimmick used to lure in the victim, and then draw bloodfromnose.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 11:46 AM   #9
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

its kinda scary though my dog's a golden retriver and she's normally not aggressive at all!
Old 09-01-2002, 12:40 PM   #10
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

A golden retriever bit you? Was it rabid or just really mad??? Sorry...I'm sure it's not rabid.

I've never even had stitches. I've never been bitten by a dog either. But I WAS in the middle of an almost-dogfight once. My dog was growling at our vicious neighbor dog. I held out a dish of food so that the neighbor dog would come to me...but my dog just knocked it out of my hand. I retreated to the swingset.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 01:00 PM   #11
Palanturiel
Hobbit

if you wanna hear a stupid kid story resulting in stiches, here's mine...

When i was 3, my mom took me to my brother's kindergarten to talk to his teacher. We went to play on the monkey bars while we waited for the teacher. My mom was letting me hang upside down with her holding my legs. Then, when she left to go see te teacher, se told me not to do it by myself. so... what did i do? i went, got upside down on the monkey bars and fell flat on my face in the sand. i still have a scar from those stiches. There's alot more stuff between me being smack down on my face crying and me having stiches, but i dont feel like typing it all!

P.S. I got bitten by a dog once. I was giving my uncle's cocker spaniel a hug (i was like 5) and it decided it didn't want to be hugged. gave me a hole in my nose and in my wrist. got scars from that to. If anyone wants to hears other storys about me and all my scars/injuries, (sorry, but i'm kinda a tomboy) then just pm me.
History became legend...
Legend became myth...
And some things that should not have been forgotten... were lost...

Thus the third age of middle-earth began.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YODA LIVES!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember, people! We are all unique! Just like everybody else!
Palanturiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 01:16 PM   #12
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Renille
A golden retriever bit you? Was it rabid or just really mad??? Sorry...I'm sure it's not rabid.
no shes not rabid, we think shes scared of car/trucks. Maybe she was hungry. lol
Old 09-01-2002, 01:23 PM   #13
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

when i was about 9 or 10 i think, i was playing with some puppies or some mud,or maybe both. anyway this friend of mine had this really big stick that i used as a walking stick when i went hiking, and he said "watch out!!" and then pretended to through it and so i ducked and then he laughed at me cause i ducked and then he said "Duck!" so i didn't duck and then the stick went right accross my head,digging into it as it went. so i had to get stitches for that. then i had to wait in the waiting room for 2 hours and then wait 2 more hours for a Dr. to come and give me the stitches, which only took about 10 minutes.

i've never really been bitten by a dog, but once my dog bit a hole in the leg of my jeans while i was wearing them.
Old 09-01-2002, 01:28 PM   #14
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

i got four stitches i didn't mention that did i, and the dr missed a spot with the freezing damn that hurt
Old 09-01-2002, 03:48 PM   #15
Sween
im quite stupid

My mate craig bite me on friday night (drunk skinny ugly c***) still got the mark i wouldnt normally mind but hes from liverpool.

I gave him a good slap though so im happy.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:13 PM   #16
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I only needed stiches once. We got a new kitchentable and I got a little excited with that, hopping up and down happily. I just was a tad too small and a tad too eager and I hit my chin on the tables end. Result: I painted out new table bloodred.

On one other occasion I got a cut in my head when tripping in class over a chairleg a girl suddenly moved backwards. The next minute I was sitting on the floor with my hand and head covered in blood. Pretty scary image, it didn't really hurt but it bled like hell. Luckily I didn't need any stiches but I still got a little bald spot on my head. The girl had the gall (sp) to say I was lucky that my brain hadn't seeped out.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:48 PM   #17
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

I will never, ever let someone put stitches in me. Ever. *shudders*

They need to start world-widely using that healing glue adhesive instead.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 07:39 PM   #18
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

RE sometimes with the glue it leaves a really BAD scar, btw i didn't have a choice in going to the hospital i wouldn't have went if i had my way, but i pro'lly would have bled to death or something nasty like that
Old 09-01-2002, 07:49 PM   #19
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
And, the glue won't heal up every wound.

I've had stitches once, but I don't remember. They're a product of a surgery to remove my birthmark when I was a baby. Left a nasty scar, but if they hadn't done it, the mark may have become cancerous.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:50 PM   #20
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Most scars I don't mind. I kinda like them, actually. They remind me I'm fragile.

I just would never want one on my face. Although I do have a small, unnoticable one in the middle of my forehead. And a two-inch long one on the middle of my back, close to the spine.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 09-01-2002 at 07:52 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote