Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2002, 09:41 PM   #1
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
Why Legolas

Across the globe, females are falling for Orlando Bloom/Legolas. I want to know why. Granted he may be hot, but why else? Is this just an infatuation, or are they in love with the character. I'm just curious.
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 09:53 PM   #2
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
My guess would be mostly his attractive looks, though I've noticed that elf-love might also be present in some cases.
Old 08-09-2002, 10:49 PM   #3
GIR
Hobbit

i've always wondered why i like him too. can someone tell me?
Old 08-09-2002, 11:16 PM   #4
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

it's not really orli that im thinking of, it's more his character. . the elves are dear to me as the one ring itself!
Old 08-10-2002, 02:58 AM   #5
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

well lets think about it there is 9 in the fellowship: 4 hobbits nothin special, 1 really old lookin dude, boromir who is a jackass, then theres gimli who i dont think ne one finds attractive, then we have aragorn and legolas, i think people might have liked aragorn better if he wasnt always so dirty looking and wore some nice clothes like legolas, but then again im really tired right now and im not sure if im making any sense at all
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 07:24 AM   #6
Sween
im quite stupid

Legolas is just cool in the movie. Olando Broom played him so well. he was my favorite character in the movie apart from Gandalf. He is good looking granted so that why the young girls like him but hes just 'the daddy' in the movie.
Old 08-10-2002, 10:31 AM   #7
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
Treebeard tank u very much

Thanx for clearing that up. I asked my sister the same question and she just shrugge and said, "He's just sooo hot!" Thanx again
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:43 AM   #8
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

Ok so granted, Orlando Bloom is a very attractive young, talented actor and so henceforth he picks up screaming fan girls. Naturally.
But me? I actually prefer him as Legolas. Legolas is just plain cool. It's like a fact of life. Even in the books he's cool. You may shout at me and call me shallow but lots of fans of lotr are my age and female and so they are naturally going to focus quite a lot on the looks of the characters as well as the characters of the characters ..if you see what i mean...
Old 08-10-2002, 10:52 AM   #9
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

Go Check out the "Legolas" thread. I don't want to write that all again, so just look at it over there.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 01:19 PM   #10
Urksnik the Sleek
Hobbit

Why Legolas?
That's my question too. I know he's pretty to look at, but sorry all Legolas fans, Aragorn is just very sexy with the looks to go with it.
Boromir's pretty sexy too.

(hastily ducks behind a fallen tree to avoid a storm of elvish arrows shot by furious Legolas fans!)
Urksnik the Sleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 01:19 PM   #11
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

I think the film character Legolas is so popular among females because he is good-looking. Period.

The interesting thing is that he often is the favourite of the male audience also. That would be due to his archery and fighing abilities rather than his beauty.
Old 08-10-2002, 05:20 PM   #12
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

I'm a hobbit fancier (notice the lack of the word pervy), so I like Frodo and Sam and Merry and Pippin a lot more. Not that I don't like all the other characters either. It just think that hobbits are a lot more sweeter. Legolas was just a bit more unattached, but I admire him for his skills. After all, who else could have shot down the Nazgul's steed?

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 05:26 PM   #13
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Whaddya mean?! I don't like Legolas!
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 06:46 PM   #14
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
i like his abilites.example,i love archery but am a faliure .ive also always wanted to b able 2 walk on top of the snow.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 05:47 AM   #15
Artanis

Quote:
Originally posted by Faramir
Whaddya mean?! I don't like Legolas!
I said often, not always. I know you hate him, I've read your post in the Legolas thread. The fact is, I've been watching the film together with my male friends and afterwards they all talked enthusiastically about him and his skills with the bow.

IMO, the Legolas character is much more developed and interesting in the book. And Orlando isn't hot at all, but he acts fairly well. Let's hope his character will be further developed in the movies to come.
Old 08-11-2002, 06:57 AM   #16
Sween
im quite stupid

whay do people like arnold swarchneggar (that was a good atempt at his name) esspecially men. Its cos Arnies just hard. Men like to watch people that are really good at fighting and legolas has the second coolest fighting style ive ever seen in a movie (behind Darth Maul) he just kicks ass. The way he shot his bow and used his knifes was just outstanding in the movie. And the little touches like getting hold of the trolls chain and climbing on him and in moria just jumping down the side of stairs and the fact he was just like a cat (his own assemement of what he was trying to achive) it was a plesure to watch him fight.
Old 08-11-2002, 07:05 AM   #17
Artanis

Agree with you Sween. I also like to watch people with good fighting skills, even if I'm not a man . And Orlando was good at bringing Legolas the Elf into life.
Old 08-11-2002, 12:22 PM   #18
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

I can't say way everyone else likes him, but I like him cause he's hot, he is so cool with his arrows, I love how quick he gets them out of the pouch and onto his bow, I also love elves!!! They rock. He is also just one of my favorite characters!
Old 08-11-2002, 12:24 PM   #19
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Let's see why woman might like him . . .

He's an amazing and dedicated protector, clean cut, boyishly handsome, sweet and soft-spoken, and with all those astounding fighting skills you know he's got to be talented doing something else = equals = the perfect dream man for 99.9% of the female population. Go figure.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 02:10 PM   #20
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
guys r a pain in rlbut elves and numenoreans are cool.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris

Last edited by Christiana : 08-11-2002 at 02:11 PM.
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote