Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 08:17 PM   #1
Aradilien
Sapling

Legolas

OK, The elven prince was my fave character before i saw the film, and since he was hot, i like him evenmore. I thought he did some cool stuff. I bought the video and pause it when there is a close up of him. I luv Legolas!
Old 08-08-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
welcome to the Moot!

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 08-08-2002, 08:28 PM   #3
ChronoSerge
Sapling

He didn't really do much of anything or help the story much in the first movie, he was just good for killing orcs with his arrows :P. He was cool though My fav character is still Arogorn.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:37 PM   #4
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Quote:
I luv Legolas!
You mean the elf that everyone likes, but really sucks?
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 08-08-2002, 08:48 PM   #5
Christiana
Elf Lord

hey,l dont ljke legolas cuz hes cute,i like him cuz hes a deadeye w/ the bow,and because hes a loyal freind.look how quicly he jumped to aragorns defence at the coe

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 08-08-2002, 08:51 PM   #6
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

He's just a pretty boy with like 4 lines, and so what if he's good with a bow? Aragorn's good with a sword. Maybe I sound mean, and maybe you really don't like Legolas because he's cute, but every other person who likes him didn't give Legolas a thought before Orlando Bloom(supposedly cute, I mean, mohawk? Whatever...) came to the movies. So, pretty much everyone who likes Legolas likes Orlando Bloom, not Legolas. And the reason I sound mean, is because its annoying seeing every girl on every board in the world say: "Oh my gosh! Isn't Legolas hot?!?!". It's all you ever hear. This must be the 300th Legolas thread on the board. And every thread starter was just some Legolas-Freak with about three posts who joined to say "Legolas is hot!", and then when their thread gets closed, never post again. See why I hate Legolas and all his fangirls?
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!

Last edited by Faramir : 08-08-2002 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:53 PM   #7
Christiana
Elf Lord

if gimli hadnt been so predujuced,he might have been the bearer.it takes courage to accept a task like destroying the ring,wheather aws bearer or as a companion.

Old 08-08-2002, 08:59 PM   #8
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Quote:
Originally posted by Faramir
He's just a pretty boy with like 4 lines, and so what if he's good with a bow? Aragorn's good with a sword.
Correction, he's a decent guy with 15 lines. http://blake.prohosting.com/awsm/script/LOTRFOTR.html. Go ahead, count them. Or just search the page. Not that I have anything against Legolas or this thread, but I sense a lock in the future of this thread.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:04 PM   #9
Christiana
Elf Lord

im a fan of his shooting,not his hotness

Old 08-08-2002, 09:08 PM   #10
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

If you read it properly, you might've realized that it was directed at fangirls, not you. I think I prefer Frodo to Legolas as a Ringbarer. And so what, 15 lines. He may be pretty, but not smart, that's why he only had 15 lines, each one being only a short sentence.
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!

Last edited by Faramir : 08-08-2002 at 09:10 PM.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:15 PM   #11
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by Faramir

You mean the elf that everyone likes, but really sucks?
Do you mean to insult me?

Of the Fellowship, he contributed the least. In the movie, he definitely was made to look like more of a nancing pretty boy than in the book.

Christiana, there is no way he would have been the bearer...since this is the movie forum, I will *sigh* stick to movie-verse...and even in the movie that never would have happened. The Ring was Frodo's to bear; it was his quest. In fact, in the movie he didn't really have a reason to be there in the first place. Like poor Merry and Pippin.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:20 PM   #12
Christiana
Elf Lord

well,watch when he says "the ring must be destryoyed"again.

Old 08-08-2002, 09:49 PM   #13
Eruviel Greenleaf

Christiana, what do you mean? That's just another of his rather pointless lines.

Maybe there ought to just be one thread, the purpose of which would be for people to swoon over Legolas and Frodo and anyone else you people decide is 'hot' enough.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:57 PM   #14
Christiana
Elf Lord

i already said,thats not why i like him.

Old 08-08-2002, 10:01 PM   #15
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Christiana
i already said,thats not why i like him.
But you do swoon over him. :

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-08-2002, 10:06 PM   #16
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

i liked leggy in the book. call me odd, but i was fascinated by the way he did things with the bow and arrow, and his eyesight, oh and walking so light upon the earth that he barely leaves footprints in few powder.
i just think that all the elves are cool, and for a good part of TTT , which was the book i spent the most time on, legolas is the only elf, so i had nothing else to watch and remark on. that's why i liked him before the movies even came out. i didn't even picture him as being hot. that just doesn't do it for me. i pictured him more as the glorfindel picture in the pianting on the cover of Fotr. (well on the set that i have there's a pianting of the flight to the ford-the way it truly was.. none of that arwen crap- and glorfindel was standing there, blond and clad in white holding a torch. that's what i went off of.)

besides, i much more prefer something of an irish or scottish accent. english ones i hear far too often in my head.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:08 PM   #17
Christiana
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf

But you do swoon over him. :
not exactly.

Old 08-08-2002, 10:11 PM   #18
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by Christiana

not exactly.
Oh come on, you know you do

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 08-08-2002, 10:14 PM   #19
Christiana
Elf Lord

ahem:i dont just like him because hes cute,and i dont go all gushy over him i just saw the movie 2 in 2 days and i sorted out my feelings

Old 08-08-2002, 10:15 PM   #20
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

can we put the flamethrowers away and sing the holy padlock song now?