Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-07-2002, 11:42 PM   #1
Faramir
Elven Warrior

World Youth Day(Not For Non-Catholics)

Has aanyone here been to World Youth Day? I heard it was really amazing and that Pope John Paul(forgot his number) was really showing more stength than he's shown in a long time. If anyone here was there, please share this amazing experience with us.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
==========================
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 10:51 PM   #2
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

i picked the same weekend to go to toronto as world youth day, pure coincidence, im not catholic.
it was still very moving though. all those people from everywhere you could think of, i bought a few little american flags and was trading them for a little while with the other kids who had little miniature flags from thier countries too. it was so cool, everyone was really nice, i got to see part of the parade of "the way of the cross" when i went thru china town, even though i didn't attend the massive mass or anything, i still loved it and wouldn't want to change it for thw world.

in fact i kd of feel badd, i spoke a few gibberish words of elvish to some foriegn kids so they would think i didn't understand them. but i was tired. oh well, can't change it now can i?