Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2002, 02:04 AM   #1
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

TTT Spoilers

I was surfing the net and found these spoilers for TTT on a message board at www.rottentomatoes.com I'm not sure if they are accurate, but it explains why Galadriel and Arwen are in the trailer.

Here is the address. WARNING: SPOILERS http://www.rottentomatoes.com/forum/...hreadid=149864
Old 06-22-2002, 03:49 PM   #2
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Hmmm much to consider. Tastey spoilers. Much revision for the movies sake. Elrond abandons Imladris? Saruman pushed out the window? Faramir speaks Sam's thoughts?

Well it's fun to consider, but that's all there is to do until December....

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 04:09 PM   #3
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
*frowns* Saruman falling out of the WINDOW? NOOOO!What happens to Grima? He's got to be involved somehow some more. And they cant just leave Frodo hanging there as they go up the mountains to Cirith Ungol. And EYOWEN kills Ugluk? Ok THAT'S weird. But I think that the changes will be fine as the changes were in FOTR. So I am not TOO worried.
Sam
ps. So much for my vowing not to look at any spoilers.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 07:13 PM   #4
Anastasia
Hobbit

If Saruman is killed off in TTT, there will be no Sharkey at the end of RotK ???? Are they going to miss out the despoiling of the Shire?
Old 06-22-2002, 09:17 PM   #5
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
Arwen Undomiel

* bawls her big blue eyes out*
What is the point?!?!
Why does Arwen have to show off? Why does Eowen have to nab her 15 minutes of fame?
AND WHY DID THEY CUT OUT THE SCOURING OF THE SHIRE!?!? *trails off into pitiful moans and groans.....*

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 11:57 PM   #6
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

eep. *takes deep breath*

If these are true, then. . .This is going to be a very incredible movie, very good, and all, but. . .it's not Lord of the Rings!!! *dies*
*is reincarnated*
whew.
*Remember to breathe*
A few of these changes are reasonable, and I can get used to, because they make sense and are necessary for making the movie work, but. . .they've gone way too far. First, having the elves involved does not work AT ALL. The point is that they're fading and this war belongs to men, not elves. Having the elves involved goes entirely against what Tolkien was portraying. And Elrond needs to stay in Rivendell. That is part of the point.
If they want elves involved, Elrond's sons are perfect, because they are half-elven, and they eventually choose to remain in Middle Earth, and die, as men.

Arwen's involvement really ought to be limited more. I don't hate her presence, it doesn't make me want to kill PJ or anything, but again, he's too far. She should stick to weaving a banner, that's what she's good at. Maybe the mirror part isn't all bad, but other than that. . .

Eowyn....now this is the worst part, in my opinion. Besides Saruman's demise, but I already knew about that.
Okay. Eowyn. She is one of my favorite characters in the book. But she only works if she is made to stay at home and take care of things there, because her whole point in coming with the riders as Dernhelm is that she's been rejected by the object of her affection (I'm sure they won't cut that) and because (more importantly) she is sick of staying at home not being able to do anything!!! Arrrrrr. I mean, I don't even mind her sparring with Aragorn, but. . .she can't go to Helm's Deep! Nooooo!!
But as I said before, it will be an incredible movie. Just not what it's supposed to be.
Okay, more of my ranting later, I've got to go. . .

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!

Last edited by Eruviel Greenleaf : 06-23-2002 at 11:59 PM.
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 06:56 AM   #7
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I'm not even going to stress about this anymore. The movie is completely different from the books; it has no way of matching up to it, so I'm just going to try and attempt to enjoy the adaption for what it is - somebody elses vision. Why worry? I haven't got any hopes riding on TTT and ROTK. As far as I'm concerned they'll probably suck, and the lower my expectations are, the more I'll probably enjoy it.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:43 PM   #8
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

I'm still watching the movie; if only to be with friends to enjoy talking about Tolkien and how the movie differed.

I will enjoy this "adaptation" knowing that it is just that: an adaptation. Probably the best of any adaptations and sequels to come out in the movie industry.

I will also enjoy talking to you guys about it in December. It will be like going to a concert with bad seats and good friends and talking about it for half an hour with them while waiting between shows. The excitement of the moment is what I will go there for.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lĂșmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 04:40 PM   #9
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Despite what I said in my previous post, I'm still looking forward to it! It will be a good movie, I think, even if they're making changes I simply don't understand the need for. It will indeed be fun to discuss it, and it still looks good, eh?

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 06:03 PM   #10
Lollypopgurl
Elven Warrior

wow...
lots of changes
arwen's part is getting bigger and bigger
Old 08-06-2002, 06:06 PM   #11
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh for gods sake; let's just wait 'til the movie comes out before we start worrying about whether or not Arwen is going to take over the movie.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:13 PM   #12
Entlover
Elven Warrior

I think whoever shared his copy of the script is probably persona non grata with PJ; that verges on being unethical.

Anyway, the worst part is that the Ents' marching song is not included. But I bet there were a lot of changes between the script and the finished product. I refuse to believe everything I read.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 02:04 PM   #13
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Quote:
arwen's part is getting bigger and bigger
good maybe it'll pop.

hey you never know about the ents song, it could just be a bit hidden like the road song that bilbo sings, .. eh.. im not making anymore sense.
Old 08-10-2002, 05:53 PM   #14
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Wheeeee, Oliphaunts!!!!!! I think they're doing a splendid job with the time and money they have. And Grima pushes Saruman off a balcony. That's good enough for me. I just look at the movies as a different masterpiece. That's all. I don't compare much.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote