Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2002, 11:22 AM   #1
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider characters

has anyone ever invented there own Lotr character?
If you have post them hear.
Ex
Name:Mahogony
Race: elven
Skills: crafts, Archery, drawing, and swimming.
descreption: Lond godish brown hair(strait), dark blue eyes, 5 ft tall, wighs 99 Pounds.
Hobbies: Archery, horse back and grooming, drawing, swimming, climbing,and exploring.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:42 AM   #2
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

there's a problem with you elf's age.

tolkien's elves reached maturity about age 50 after a long adolesence.

a 14 yr old elf would be like a 5 year old.

You might want to change the age.

If you raise the age you might wanna change the height too. His elves were rather tall.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 06:24 AM   #3
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Well, my character has an extremely long story, but I'll try and make it short and simple.

Name: Kalome Linuial
Race: Dunadain
Titles: Princess of the Dunadain
Height: 5'10"
Appearance: Slender and fair, with deep brown eyes and long wavy hair.
Clothing: Generally ranger garb, long white dress and mithril tiara for special occasions.
Weapons: Feamarth, an elven sword and Khelekel, a mallorn bow.
Skills: Tracking, Languages, Singing, some magic and weaponry.
General: Born the last Princess of Fornost, she was raised in Rivendell by Elrond and Celebrian. She was extremely close to nature and animals, and well loved of all. When she was around 50 she found one of her friends lying dead from an orc ambush and chased after them. She was captured, tortured, and given a magic ring...

Name: Morauko Umrien
Race: Nazgul
Titles: Queen of the Nazgul, Mistress of Mordor
Appearance: Invisible
Clothing: Pitch black cloak, underneath which is a mithril crown
Weapons: Feamarth
Skills: Tracking, sword fighting, sorcery
General: One of the most feared of Saurons servants, she spent most of her time managing the fortress of Minas Morgul. At his defeat she surrenders to Elessar and becomes a respected member of Middleearth society.

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Nazgûl Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2002, 08:14 PM   #4
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Mohogany is one hundred years old.

Mohogany's pets...
Name: Blackfeather
Race: Flying Horse
Description: Black velvet fur. Wingspan of ten feet. Seven feet tall.
Personality: Scaredy Cat. Friendly and Stubborn

I will be using alot of characters with pets. And pets like Noir morphs which are creatures that evovle into other creatures.
Old 06-22-2002, 11:55 PM   #5
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Character:Christiana(Christa)

Race:elf

Bio: Originating in Eredor,Christa went to Rivendell often, and there met Aragorn.His staunch ally, JRR didnt want to tell about her, cuz shes a girl. She is also a good friend of Legolas and Arwen.Very athletic,good at climbing

Weapons:kicks butt w/ long sword, longbow, & dagger.

Only one who can out-shoot her:Legolas

Supeiriers at sword: Only Aragorn

App:br. hair, ice-blue eyes, 6'1, 124lbs

Animal Companions:

Lightfall

Race:Elven horse

info:fast as Shadowfax

Cheyanne

Race:elven-wolf

Info:stanch ally

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2002, 01:37 PM   #6
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Mahongonies other pet:
Name Noire
race: Noire Morphe
looks:1 FT tall on all fours. 15pounds. Black fur. oval shaped flat, colorful pearl on head. mew eyes(the pokemon). Curved tail with spike on it.

Personality: brave,willing,determend,leader, But still likesd to followe and do whatever Mahogony does.
Old 06-24-2002, 11:08 AM   #7
Revenwyn
Sapling

Strider

HOOOOOOOOOMMMM.... I could go on and on about this one.

I have SEVERAL LOtR characters. I'll try not to make this too long.

Revenwyn

Titles: Shieldmaiden of Rohan, Ranger of the North, Elf-Friend

Age: 26 (Original idea was 21, but I've had her for nearly two years, so I've aged her some.)

Weight: 160

Weapons: Elven sword (Given to her in Rivendell), Mallorn bow (given to her in Lothlorien), spear (Taken from her home in Rohan), battle axe (given to her by Gimli, she is a friend of his.)

Marital status: Married to Dorian, Ranger of the North.

Descriptions: When not traveling with elves, she goes around as a Rohirrim shieldmaiden, or when traveling with her husband, she dresses as he does, with a cloak and earthy green or brown tones. She always wears her coat of mail underneath her tunic. Her bow is slung on her back, her sword at her side, and her battle axe in her hands. She has become a master at riding her horse, Arien, elf-fashion and controlling her with one hand.
When traveling with elves, she rides elf fashion, generally uses her mallorn bow, and dresses like an elvish archer. She has long, reddish blonde hair that is usually in braids. She is not beautiful, but rather plain, but not ugly either. The plainness in her face comes from her stern nature, and a look that can come only from war.

History: Revenwyn's father is the brother of Eomer and Eowyn's father, thus making Revenwyn and her four brothers their cousins. Her mother, Ioren of Gondor, is the second cousin of Boromir and Faramir.
At age 17, Revenwyn ran away to join her four brothers' eored. The reason behind this was that her father had betrothed her to someone other than Dorian, who she loved. At the time, she knew Dorian, who was barely 22. He had committed himself to her and she to him.
She joined the eored and became known as Revenwine. She was not caught, and she fought alongside Eomer and her four brothers (although Eomer and her brothers knew who she was) in the Battle of Pelennor Fields.
Immediately after the War of the Ring, Revenwyn was forced to marry. Luckily for her, the man died soon after. Dorian was nowhere to be found, however.
Revenwyn traveled with a group of hobbits, elves, dwarves and men (and a wizard) to recapture a lost Palantir, and they discovered that evil still abounded in Middle Earth. She earned the title of Elf- Friend. After returning the Palantir to King Elessar, Revenwyn finally married Dorian.
Five years later she had a son, Roquen Revenhelm Ohtamacil, and a daughter, Miranda Lossefalme. They abide in Minas Tirith, while Revenwyn and Dorian wander Middle Earth making sure things are safe for the inhabitants.

Dorian Dunadan

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 180

Description: Dorian is the husband of Revenwyn of Rohan. He is tall and dark, a complete contrast to Revenwyn's pale skin. He is also an Elf friend.

Lalaithanna Elanor

Lalaithanna- Gift of Laughter

Name: Lalaithanna Elanor

Race: Half elf, half hobbit (Don't ask... I modeled her after myself.)

Height: 5’4”

Weight: 155 pounds

Description: Though not considered exactly beautiful by elvish standards, she carries herself well, and many elves think that she has her own type of beauty. She has a very beautiful face, with intense green eyes that seem to look into a person's soul, and yet, seem to be far away as if in thought. She has elf ears. Her dark brown (some say black) hair falls in ringlets to her waist, and she has milky white skin. If it weren't for the hobbitish figure, Lalaithanna would be considered very beautiful. Lalaithanna has hobbit feet, although small and only thinnly furred, yet she can tread on the edge of a sword without being hurt. She is tall for a hobbit, and short for an elf. She is also immortal. Her personality is evenly split between hobbit and elf. She loves lembas and mushrooms, but would rather live in a tree than in a hole underground. She wears lighter colors, mostly white and pastels, although periwinkle blue is her favorite color. She will often wear a single garland of undying periwinkles around her head. She wears a grey elven-cloak, complete with the leaf clasp of Lothlorien. She wears only one other piece of jewelry, a necklace, but a rather plain one, not ornate as some necklaces are The only jewel on it is dark grey, round and shiny. She carries among her possessions a flute, which she will take out from time to time. Besides for that, she has a sweet, middle ranged voice which she will often lift up. She can pluck flowers and they will not wilt, in addition to that, she can cast them away and they will start growing in the ground again.
She does not know her parents, as they are dead, but she was raised by the elves at her father's request. Her father was an elf, her mother a hobbit, so she has both an elvish name and a hobbit name. She knows of no tale of how her parents came to marry, indeed, she never knew her parents. Her mother died first, and her father died of grief.
Lalaithanna is skilled in blade and bow, although she prefers not to use weapons unless one of her friends or her own life is at stake. Yet, her main gift is in the healing properties of laughter and song, although she is skilled as a healer. Her laugh is clear and has a ring like steel to it, and to enemies it sounds threatening, but to friends it lightens their hearts.
Revenwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 10:47 PM   #8
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Name-Anarya SilverBranch
Race-Elf
Age-396
Location-Mirkwood
Skills-Fletching and archery
Physical appearence-Blonde curly hair and greenish blue eyes.
History- Mother died when she was 114. When she was 245 a dark elf came to Mirkwood and they went on an adventure together. Has been traveling abroad ever since, but has Mirkwood as sort of her home base.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name-Lara
Race-Human
Age-22
Location-Minas Tirith
Skills-Strategy and sword play
Physical appearence-Wavy black hair and violet eyes.
History- Read Bree to Moria rpg
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2002, 11:25 PM   #9
Lothsell
Sapling

Location: Somewhere in the Orion arm of the Milky Way. Other than that, uh, not certain.
Nazgul

Name: General Daria Mitchells Wilcox (Dark Side Mitchells)

Race: Human...sort of

Appearance: 4' 10", Dark skin, Black hair usually in a braid, Golden eyes with black flecks (If they ever turn completly gold, RUN.) are hidden by sunglasses, muscular

Usual outfit: White tunic, dark pants, thick leather belt, black knee boots, dark blue cloak covers all. Both cloak and belt are fastened with crests depicting a planet exploding behind a blossom. Sword with 3' long diamond blade is worn on a shoulder sheath. Dagger worn in boot. Gold wedding ring is worn, with the mate on a chain around the neck.

Marital Status: Twice widowed

Skills: All forms of combat, outdoor survival, some healing

Bio: (Here's where you get confused) Daria was born on Earth in the mid-21st century and raised as a soldier. At age 19, she fought in a war with the alien race, Plutonians. She recieved a wound rendering her ageless and nearly unkillable and changing her eye colour. The injury would have turned her evil if a doctor hadn't halted the process.
Since then, Daria has been the General to an interplanetary nation called the Rositans. Her Plutonian injury could resume at any time, making her a bit unstable as a companion. More can be asked of her in play... if she answers.

Daria's one-man fighter crashed at the Grey Havens, and now she wanders around Middle Earth with a black Rohanian Stallion named Seraphim. Most people take her to be a servant of the Dark Lord, but she hates all evil.

Temperament: Proud, stubborn, berzerker, whip temper.

Last edited by Lothsell : 07-06-2002 at 11:30 PM.
Lothsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 02:15 AM   #10
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Characters... What fun, None of the characters that I use regularily were made with ME in mind but I use Willow there more than any of the others so I'll post her info.

Name: Willow
Race: Faerie
Height: 2'6
Hair: Blond, reaches down to her waist
Eyes: Green
Abnormalities: Wings
Other: Willow was not born in ME, and does not live there as ME is not my world, and I have trouble sticking my characters into other people's worlds. However, she has been known to visit ME regularily. (See TLA.)
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 10:06 AM   #11
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

name:Sicirus
race:Mutt(wolf*greyhound)
Looks:dark nut brown fur with long skinny stripes covering its body. long tail with large lion like fluff at the tip of it. Greyhound ears and head. Greyound body structer. Wolf legs.

Bio:Parents killed in war.Was left behind in Egypt. Found his way back to his birth pack and is now alfa.

Personality:Kind,brave, tough, and loves to to funny.
Old 07-21-2002, 01:03 PM   #12
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

Name: Falco Dogwood
Race: Hobbit
Hair: Dark brown w/ red highlights
Eyes: Hazel
Skills: Archery, hunting, craftsmenship, healing
Hobbies: Reading, writing, painting, whittling, gardnening

Description: Palco Dogwood was his father and was known for his incredibly keen eyesight, a trait which Falco inherited from him. Falco excels in archery and is called the Master Archer of The Shire, even though he is very young for a hobbit. He likes to carve smoking pipes and small flutes in his spare time, but never keeps them for himself. He gives them out to his friends most of the time. He also carves little figurines, and carves little animals for children. Falco appears to most as the strong silent type, and he doesn't involve himself in conversation. Some people don't like him because of his silence. But they don't know that there's more to him than meets the eye...

Falco's pet

Name: Screech
Race: the Secret Race of Great Falcons
Appearance: Like a much larger version of a Peregrin Falcon, except he has a red crest

Bio: His race is almost forgotten to all except the Great Eagles. Screech had been trained by Gwaihir and learned to speak the Common Speech when he was young, but eventually left the Eagles and the remnants of the Secret Race to look for his own territory. While he was flying over Bree, undetected because of the clouds and the night, a group of drunk archers let an arrow fly for no good reason, and it struck Screech in his left wing. He flew on for as long as he could, but soon fell near Hobbiton, his presence hidden behind the trees near the road. The next morning, Falco was taking a stroll down the road, when he saw a trail of feathers leading into the woods. Naturally, he followed the trail until he discovered Screech lying motionless but still breathing. Falco saw the arrow, still imbedded deep in his wing. Falco quickly went home, then returned with a wagon drawn by a pony. After the trouble of lifting the enormous bird onto the wagon, he drove the wagon back to his hole in Hobbiton. Using the rear door, Falco managed to take Screech into the hole and set him on the carpet. There Falco gently and carefully pulled out the arrow and took care of Screech until his wing was functioning, and until he was able to walk and...

I've blabbered on enough! I can get carried away with things like this! But if you want the rest of the story, give me the go ahead!
Old 07-21-2002, 10:44 PM   #13
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

yes, hence my name!
Name: Erawyn
race: Half-elven (i got this from the whole Elrond half elven thing which i find confusing, but the human half is from Rohan)
Bio: its upsetting how much thought i've put into this but i made up this whole story about her that fits into the lotr books plot and beyond.( I have much trouble sleeping so i do this when i can't sleep) of course i had to make some changes and some parts don't quite work and i don't have any explanations for everything but here goes...

Erawyn's mother was an elf who fell in love with a man from Rohan (i think a general in Theodens army) but after they were married she was very unhappy and when Erawyn was 11 she died (elves can die from grief right??) Erawyn's father was really harsh and she was scared of him so when her mother died she tried to run away on her pony but she was caught and after that her father (who never told her she was half elven by the way) kept very close watch on her and made her stay in the house almost all of the time. When she was 19 or 20 her father arranged for her to marry some guy who could keep her under control ( the most horrible person i could think of in Rohan was of course Grima, but i havn't really decided) On the night of the marriage announcement there was a celebration and the man she was supposed to marry took her aside to go for a walk, when they were out of site of other ppl Erawyn knocked him out and stole his sword and one of her fathers horses and ran away. she wandered around for a year or so she happened to be camping at weathertop when the hobbits and aragorn were attacked by Nazgul. . .

This is getting really long (and boring i'm sure) and it goes on for way longer so i'm gonna stop!

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 09:28 PM   #14
Lossei
Hobbit

Location: A lone hill in the field of Cormallen (ok, ok, Minnesota)
Nazgul Creature

I have a creature so breathe takeing it is a Fairy princess

Race: fairy princess
Bio: is only 5 did nuthin but be drunk........ with milk and is a Fairy Princess

Chip the glasses and crack the plates
Blunt the knives and bend the forks
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates-
Smash the bottles and burn the corks

Cut the cloth and trend on the fat
Pour the milk on the pantry floor
Leave the bones on the bedroom mat
Splash the wine on every door

Dump the crocks in a boiling bowl
Pound them up with a thumping pole
and when your finished if any are whole
Send them down the hall to roll

That's what Bilbo Baggins hates
So carefully carefully with the plates

Last edited by Lossei : 07-22-2002 at 09:29 PM.
Lossei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 06:35 PM   #15
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Nazgul

Name: Katt
Race: Anything
Height: Almost always between 5 and 5.5 feet.
Eye color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Skills: Limitless

Bio: The Mistress of Villians, whenever things get dull in Middle Earth, Katt is there to spice them up. She becomes any one plausible that will cause trouble or a war.

Refrences: Recently Saurokatt, Shekatt, and Sauronkatt, she took a break to be good as Katt Romere, a hobbit lass of the shire.

Other: Katt loves to party and routinly gets drunk and/or passes out.

Hobbies: Flying, talking to birds, and talking to catts.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Katt_knome_hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 09:17 PM   #16
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

This is the human version of Sicirus.

Name:Sicirus
Race:half wizard
discreption:Blue eyes, gold highlighted brown haire, 5'4.
Bio:Was born in Rohan. Her mother was a native Rohanien but her father was Saruman. her mother died when Sicirus was 5 and her father took her away to Orthyanac. She stayed there for many years and trained as both a wizard and a worrier(sp). She was best at close contact archery. Her father became friends with the orcs and Sicirus learnd how to controle orc swords. She stole some as well. Saruman taut her magic as well as secret lessons from Gandalf. When her father finally became enemies with Gandalf she ran away on her black horse named cody.(Cody was stolen with the rest of the black horses from Rohan by the orcs and RW) She ran away to Rivendell to find Gandalf. Sicirus found out he had gone on the journey with the Fellowship so she stayed back and studied.
Old 07-24-2002, 11:32 AM   #17
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

Her father was Saruman? What gave you that kind of idea?
Old 07-24-2002, 10:06 PM   #18
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

I could not use Gandalf. I thought that he would make an interesting father to make an interesting life. Dealing with sorcery and orcs. Plus I like Saruman. Sicirus is suppose to be me as an entmoot character.

By the way Erawyn I like you'r characters bio. If you don't want to present it to the whole moot can you send it to me by email. I want to hear the rest of it if there is any more.(Sorry if something is spelled wrong)
Old 07-25-2002, 10:54 AM   #19
Brokehorn4000
Elven Warrior

But doesn't Saruman become evil in the books? I know he was head of the council before that, but his will wasn't strong enough to resist the ring's power, right? Well anyway, using any kind of wizard from LotR to start a family or much less have a child is kinda strange.

I guess you have your reasons.

By the way, your signature is very unique!
Old 07-25-2002, 01:18 PM   #20
Erawyn
Elven Warrior

Yah sure i'll send it to you! by the way I saw something quite like your signature written on a desk at school! i think it went like this

i was crazy once
they put me in a room
a padded room with rats
rats they make me crazy
crazy
i was crazy once...

"Be not so bigoted to any custom as to worship it at the expense of Truth."
Johann Georg von Zimmermann
Erawyn is offline   Reply With Quote