Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 01:30 AM   #1
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Stupid FoTR Theater Comments

I wasnt sure to put this in the General or Movies forum, but oh well.

When you went and saw FoTR at the theater, what kind of stupid stuff did the other people say? I could clearly tell most people werent paying attention and never read the books. one guy said when gandalf died "Ahh man! Now they never gonna get the Ring to the Dark dude!" and other stupid remarks like when arwen appeared "I thought Elvis chicks were suppose to be hott or sumtin." Yes Elvis and not ELVISH. Anything of the sort happen to you?
Old 06-03-2002, 01:39 AM   #2
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I'm glad I was with my friend when he saw it. After it was over, he said, "What kind of ending was that? That was the stupidest ending ever." I proceeded to tell him that there were in fact 2 more movies coming, so the end was to be continued. Sheesh...

Someone in the theater laughed when Gandalf died and I almost got up and beat him down. (I'm only half-kidding. It did kinda tick me off)

Psalm 107:31
Old 06-03-2002, 01:43 AM   #3
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

almost everybody started laughing at the scene where they just got out of moria and the hobbits are all crying..i found no humor in that at all
Old 06-03-2002, 04:25 AM   #4
Garina
Elf Lord

My cousin missed Gandalf's 'last' words, and said a bit too loudly:
"Oi! What did he say? I missed that bit!"

I am never going to the cinema with her again!!!
Entmoot Resident Bard #2
Wielder of the shiny fire extinguisher
Worshipper of the divine cheesecake

Hamsters and Rangers everywhere, rejoice!!! Minsc, Baldur's Gate 2
Children, don't take drugs. Become a pop star, then people give them to you for free!!! - Billy Mack, Love Actually.

While I'm sure the nice people from the local archery club meant well, a moment's consideration would have made them realise that giving my friend and I lethal weapons was probably not a good idea!

Dammit, eyeliner and dreadlocks should not be that sexy!
Old 06-03-2002, 04:34 AM   #5
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I don't think I'll ever go to the movies with my little brother again; he talked through the entire thing, and right when the crebain were flying over the fellowship, he said something like, "Heh, wouldn't it be funny if all the birds pooped on them?" And yes, he has read the books.

Anyway, he's an annoying twit

I was quite amused by the guys leaving the movie theater saying, "so, do you think they're gonna throw the Ring in the volcano or whatever it was?" "Uh, it would be really stupid if they didn't." "Wait, are there two more movies?" "I don't want to wait that long to find out what happens!" Read the books then!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 06-03-2002, 07:53 AM   #6
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

This has been done several times in fact in the LOTR movie forum. I am 100% sure of this as I remember taking part in it It shouldn't be too hard to find. Maybe you have to go back a page or two. This also belongs in the movie forum for sure.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Closed Thread