Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2002, 09:36 PM   #1
Lady of the Wood
Sapling

Hey I'm new

UHHhhh, I'm new to your board/site. Just wanted to introduce myself. Anyone is welcome to look at my profile.
Question: Is there anything I should know concrening posting or other people's post, any ongoing jokes, etc. ?
Thanks
Lady of the Wood
Old 05-12-2002, 09:54 PM   #2
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Welcome to the moot, Lady of the Wood!

From what I know, just follow the rules you were presented when you register, try to stay in topic with the threads and forums, and try to use the search feature first before attempting to post a new topic and even posting (I learned those a little late but at least I did).

Happy mooting and enjoy the weirdness!

Arathorn

P.S.

You're into 80's music? WOW! Any new wave music?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 10:05 PM   #3
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Welcome to the Moot! My name is galadriel and I'll be your waitress today...naw, I'm just kidding. Cool profile, you're into theatre? I am too! Only the acting side of it, not the costuming and makeup as much. Well, have fun!!!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 10:50 PM   #4
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Neatses! Another Galadriel! Welcome to the Moot, Lady of the Wood! I'm yet another Galadriel, there seem to be about 3 or 4 of us out there; there's galadriel88, me (i look like Galadriel, not my username or anything), you now, and there's one more that i can't seem to remember (i think). i didn't even learn about the Search feature, Arathorn, until about 2 weeks ago, and i've been on here since February. just goes to show how slow i am, .

ummm, a lot of us on here are exceedingly strange, if you want to know exactly *how* strange, cruise on over to the "Why are you weird?" thread. heh. heh. heh.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 12:05 AM   #5
Lady of the Wood
Sapling

sorry Arathorn,
i'm not much into new wave stuff. i like bands/artists such as : Bruce Springstien, Bob Dylan, The Clash, Talking Heads, U2 (the old stuff), REM ( the old stuff),
Tom Petty,
Alot of this stuff isn't that old or is older than the 80s but basically i like the whole retro rock and punk stuff

Lady of the Wood
Old 05-13-2002, 01:26 AM   #6
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of the Wood
sorry Arathorn,
i'm not much into new wave stuff. i like bands/artists such as : Bruce Springstien, Bob Dylan, The Clash, Talking Heads, U2 (the old stuff), REM ( the old stuff),
Tom Petty,
Alot of this stuff isn't that old or is older than the 80s but basically i like the whole retro rock and punk stuff

Lady of the Wood
Oh, ok. I like 'em too; especially U2 and REM.

Oh dear, I feel really old now that bands I liked since high school are now called retro.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 04:30 AM   #7
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Welcome, Lady of the Wood. Just watch out for my random pirate-ness, and you'll be fine. Happy posting, and don't be scared away by the really wierd ones (myself included)

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 05:53 AM   #8
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Oy, and welcome, Lady of the Wood. Elen sila lumenna omentielvo.
*looks Lady of the Wood over* Hmm. You seem to be intelligent. This is a good thing. Beware of our craziness and you'll be just fine.

Ongoing Jokes: Watch out for Darth Tater's practical jokes. It seems he likes to cause insanity upon the Moot as often and as creatively as possible. If the Moot suddenly shows up in very strange colors, or if a new admin suddenly shows up declaring that Tater has been banned, or something of that sort, DON"T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!!! TAter has a history of doing such things.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka

Last edited by Laurelyn : 05-13-2002 at 05:58 AM.
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 07:03 PM   #9
Moondancer
Hobbit

Welcome, Lady of the Wood. As you type through Entmoot beware of the following hazards: the jokes of Tater and the insanity of the other members. We really are nice people once you get to know us. Really.
Happy typing!
Moondancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 09:41 PM   #10
galadriel88

one more thing: to be a functioning memeber of entmmot you need to read [This Edit Button is really usefull - CBG] Believe me, it's hilarious!!

Oh, and Tinuviel, I think who you're thinking of is galadriel, but she doesn't post much.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 05-13-2002, 11:13 PM   #11
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Like Laurelyn said, don't take very much seriously. Especially the Tater happenings. (Yes, it's all been done before. We really hope it won't happen again...I think.)

ANYways. I'm Renille. I'm the gulliable Tolkien/Shakespeare freak. I am sane. I think. Don't count on it.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 08:27 AM   #12
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

You speled gullible wrong. Anyways Welcome lady of the wood. I'm just trying to figure out which Galadriel is which. Galadriel was Finrod's sister you see and I'm getting a bit confused.
Oh well, welcome and enjoy.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:32 AM   #13
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

a little welcome from me - hope you enjoy - dont be scared about voicing your opinion ( especially about the Balrogs wings)just because your new - good hunting !
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
Only in dreams
viggosbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2002, 05:17 PM   #14
galadriel88

Hey now, CBG, why'd ya edit me? It's not my site, I didn't have anything to do with it, it's not advertising!