Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-21-2001, 11:48 PM   #1
Gilthalion

The MRS thinks Aragorn (Viggo Mortenson) is a hunk

We watched the LOTR trailer on Fox News and when it came to the last part, and all the Company trudges past, with Aragorn striding at the rear, she said, and I quote:

"Woo Hoo! I knew Aragorn would be a hunk!"

Is that the general consensus?
Old 01-22-2001, 01:45 AM   #2
Grand Admiral Reese

Re: The MRS thinks Aragorn (Viggo Mortenson) is a hunk

I think that's the general female reaction based on what I've observed across the 'net. Personally, I'm more interested in Arwen, Eowyn and Galadriel...
Old 01-22-2001, 02:47 PM   #3
Eruve

Seems the MRS has good taste. He's a definite hunk. And I know anduin agrees, too.
Old 01-25-2001, 12:18 AM   #4
anduin

Yes he is just beautiful...maybe too much so. I expected Aragorn to be a lot less attractive. What is that quote about him? I don't have my books with me currently. Well I am not going to complain if he is too good looking!!
Old 01-25-2001, 01:36 AM   #5
Eruve

I think he's described as being weather-beaten, looking foul and feeling fair, having a rascally look about him... And something about having to lie in ditches for years and years before anyone could look like that. In other words, the rugged type. But if they want a hunky Aragorn in the movie, I ain't complaining!
Old 01-25-2001, 05:00 AM   #6
anduin

"....looking foul and feeling fair...."

That was the bit I was thinking about, thanks.

Yes, I don't mind him being a hunk either....I look at it as an added bonus. I wonder though, and this may seem strange, but I wonder if I will find him as attractive when he is Aragorn as opposed to Strider. Remember, these images are when he is Strider. Aragorn will be all clean, shaven, probably with a hair cut, fancy clothes, important title, etc.....

For some reason I like guys looking a mess and scruffy.
Old 01-25-2001, 05:22 AM   #7
Gilthalion

I read somewhere that they have filled out his beard somewhat for the coronation. I hope they have greyed his hair a bit. It should be noticed, but not predominant.

I pictured more of a Clint Eastwood type. (Although Richard Burton could be scruffy, but cleaned up as well as you'd like.)

As for his more-refined-less-rugged look, perhaps we should consider that he's got a bit of high-falutin' Elf-blood in him, too, by Grandpappy Elros.

Plus, everyone looks like a rascal when they sneer.

Say!

Maybe Elvis would have made a good Strider/Aragorn!

(Just go by your local K-Mart where it is rumoured that you, yourself, may see THE RETURN OF THE KING!)
Old 01-25-2001, 01:50 PM   #8
Eruve

*boooooooo*
Old 01-25-2001, 04:42 PM   #9
X Rogue

I think Aragorn is a hunk too. Then again, so are Boromir and Legolas, and me thinking that is a surprise, since (in the movie anyway ) they are blond. That's not my usual thing. Then again, neither is scruffy.