Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2002, 08:01 AM   #1
Elvellon
Elf Lord

The silly rumour thread

The silly rumour thread:
Ok, this is how it works. You choose a film, series, book, whatever. Then you create a silly rumour about it. Make it funny and make it silly. Just remember, there are kids on this forum.

We all know how Star Trek films begins “Space, the last frontier, this are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her mission: to boldly go where no one has gone before….”

What you may not know is that some pressure is being made over the producers of the next movie to make a less offensive, and more scientifically accurate opening line. Here is, a preview of the new opening line, made available by courtesy of Zit, the hacker.

“The objects and phenomena within space: the frontier that we are exploring right now, although we will move on to other things when we are finished. These are the voyages of the crew of the Starship Enterprise. Their mission: to cautiously, but courageously go, being very careful not to offend anyone or instigate any trouble, where no entity with any kind of a consciousness, collective or otherwise, has ever gone before...... excluding those undiscovered entities that are in those new places that we are exploring.”

Reality is just an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

The Caffeine Mantra
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of Brazil that the thoughts aquire speed,
The hands aquire shaking,
the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion...

Elvellon Erelion
Elvellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 07:59 PM   #2
Khadrane
Elf Lord

I heard that they are going to make Saruman die on a spikey wheel. Er... wait, that's a real rumor...

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:13 PM   #3
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

According to Spy Bubba, the next book in the Harry Potter series will have Harry being brutally beaten to death by some angry boy band members accompanied by Britney Spears! While shocking, we have it on good authority that this is indeed true.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:20 PM   #4
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Well I heard that in The Two Towers, Legolas ends up meeting some elf girl in Minas Tirith and going out with her! Terrible isn't it!
J.K
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:39 PM   #5
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Hey, I heard that Arwen becomes all xena-ish and saves Frodo in some act of Holly wood special effects . . .
Oh, yeah. That's not a rumour. It happened . . . Damn! And I was all hopeful, too . . .

Also, we should compile this eventually and seel it in cjeck out lines at supermarkets with the other bogus tabloids full of dumb political scams and lies.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:52 PM   #6
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Good idea, Laurelyn!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 09:41 PM   #7
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

well i know it isnt a rumour since PJ actually came over to my house and told me that the computerized gollum wasnt working out so instead you will be seeing my dog lead frodo and sam around with my voice dubbed in

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:03 PM   #8
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

In other news... the remains of Legolas and Gimli have been found floating in a life preserver from the Titanic. It appears they didn't make it over the sea after all.

New evidence suggests that Sauron is in fact the love child of Ozzy Osbourne and Hillary Clinton. Wouldn't you hide in a dark tower too?

Saruman and the Palantir predict the coldest winter in history, right after the stock market crashes and fiery meteors fall from the sky. And you think you have problems now?

I'm so full of crap.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:14 PM   #9
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

dude

man that is pretty god damn mean to ozzy osbourne, im sure that there was no god damn love involved in that bed

-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
Old 04-15-2002, 10:24 PM   #10
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I have nothing against Ozzy, it's just that he had the unfortunate privilege to be on the cover of the closest magazine at hand, Entertainment Weekly. Maybe Sauron takes after his mother.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:31 PM   #11
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

Ok... I know this is supposed to be about movies and stuff like that but I've got a rumor of my own. One time at church I started a rumor before the services started that I had 11 toes... by the end of the service everybody thought I actually did and they were asking me all about it... it was hilarious. I guess there are a lot of gossips in my church...
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:39 PM   #12
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

inoldonil is NOT an old lesbian

but that is just a rumour that he isn't

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:45 PM   #13
Darth Tater
The man

Speaking of nolendil and crazy rumors, Randy isn't his real name.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:59 PM   #14
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
How can we trust you DT? You pulled the greatest April Fools trick on the board and you expect us to TRUST YOU?! LOL J/K.

Rumor: Sean Bean is going to be in the last two LOTR movies. SERIOUSLY it's on Tolkien-movies.com. I dunno who he's gonna play but he will be in the other two. YAHYAYAYAYAY. The best ugly actor in the whole flippin thing!!!YAYAYAYAYAYAYA.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 11:01 PM   #15
Khadrane
Elf Lord

My "friend" started a rumor that I had a crush on this idiot in my class. It made me so mad. Then my other "friends" told a girl to ask him out for me. That made me REALLY mad.

FRODO LIVES!

ABORTION IS HOMICIDE
Khadrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 11:44 PM   #16
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

lol khadrane, do you still believe in cooties?

-Gandalf

-Gandalf
Old 04-15-2002, 11:57 PM   #17
Darth Tater
The man

Uh to address something true that came up here, Sean Bean will be in the movies as dead Boromir, remember how Faramir sees him in the boat? And there it is.
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 05:14 AM   #18
aldesign
Elven Warrior

Darth i head they made some money cuts, so Sean Bean is now play Faramir and Boromir, cos they couldnt afford 2 actors.

lol
andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 07:03 AM   #19
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

LOL. So now Boromir and Faramir will be known as twins to the non-reading viewers.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 07:39 AM   #20
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, I heard that Britney Spears was debuting in a bit part, in ROTK, in the Pelennor Fields battlescene. Or was that N*suck??