aldesign
Elven Warrior

The Fellowship of the Messageboard

The Fellowship of the Messageboard has arrived

the original "What Would you do heh heh heh.." post

has been transformed into a work of Internet Art,
and can be visited with joy and pleasure by all
www.fotmb.bravepages.com

(because the original post "what would u do", began in this Movie Forum, and is about ElijahWood, i thought only best that the website story should be advertised here.)

Too all Admin's i know this is a link and an advert but it is to great interest of the Posters on this very Forum, as they are the ones who inspired it, and wote it.! (so please leave it here)

Give this site a chance and read through it yourselfs, and it could soon become one of the Entmoots best partners.

Cheers to all Authors, and especially Ferraway Hawkbriar for her outstanding artwork!
Old 02-14-2002, 10:59 AM   #2
athelas
Enting

Cool!! It's easier to read too!
beneath the Moon, beneath the Sun,
Lùthien Tinùviel
more fair than mortal tongue can tell.
Though all to ruin fell the world
and were dissolved and backward hurled
unmade into old abyss,
yet were its making good, for this--
the dusk, the dawn, the earth, the sea--
that Lùthien for a time should be.

"I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam."-Frodo

FRODO LIVES!!! (erm...Sam does too, right?)
Old 02-14-2002, 11:44 AM   #3
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Beeeeeeeaaaaauuuuutiful job, aldesign! Brava!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:00 PM   #4
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Nazgul

Very nice. It looks cool.

To read about the controversy and Entmoot-Gate see the thread Research, Your.......

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 02-14-2002, 02:21 PM   #5
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Very Good Aldesign. Tell me were there supposed to be pictures with them pages? Or was the only art work the stuff up top? Just wondering if there was supposed to be more.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 02-14-2002, 03:15 PM   #6
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

Aaaaaaaaah! bugger. bandwidth for the day exceeded. wtf? only 20 megs a day?!...hrmm....
Old 02-14-2002, 05:51 PM   #7
aldesign
Elven Warrior

[edited]
already used up the bandwidth!!!!!!!! how many hits did it receive??

OMG either bravepages is [edited], or it received mega amounts of visitors in one day!

to Samwise: Ferraway has been very busy, so at this point in time there are no Descriptive/Comic style images available for each chapter, but that may change in the near future.

To athelas: im glad its easier to read, that was the whole point

MY STATEMENT ON ALL THE CONTROVERSY
1. To Dath, dude i have no quarell with u, ur a good admin, and usualy a nice bloke, my post in the "Research" thread was not trying to be rude, it was a "lighten up" kinda, "see for urself" type message. Sorry for any offence

2. I dont think this should be put into Rivendale, unless the Tolkien Trail owners would like to take the 25pages of the original thread and edit out all the "This is a good story" type posts inbetween the chapters. As thats what ive had to do, pluss format all the text so it is readable in a script type manner.

3. Im sorry to all users who have yet been able to see it, as it has already received to many hits, and my bandwidth allowence has been passed for today.

4. Im not removeing that site, NO WAY, me and Ferraway have spent much of our free-time creating it. and it shall stay online.

5. I will make more points as they come back into my head
Old 02-14-2002, 06:04 PM   #8
aldesign
Elven Warrior

Please can we bring all the fighting and contoversey to this Thread,
as the other was just a research thread about screen resolutions and such

im, an elven warrior, bleh bleh.
VOTE YES FOR FALMER ,...... i mean
VOTE YES FOR FOTMB

for u non-UK residents, FALMER is a new footy stadium being built in my Home town.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:09 PM   #9
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Don't swear on the Boards.
Old 02-14-2002, 07:14 PM   #10
aldesign
Elven Warrior

anyway, about the bandwidth thingy, that was due to me using up all the bandwith of 20megs transfer this morning, as i uploaded, and deleted parts of the site over and over again, due to my comp crashing.
anyway it had 35hits on top of that,
Tomorrow it should be alright, if not i shall search for a new server.

soz CBG, i thought it would have blocked em anyway.
Old 02-14-2002, 08:39 PM   #11
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Permission revoked to include my tiny one chapter, aldesign. Things were cool til you picked a fight with the Admins. This ain't communism, bro, all property is NOT theft, and that is copyrighted material of the Moot. Besides, you're using all of us, as has been pointed out elsewhere, for your own selfish gains, so the rest of the authors can deal with you, pull me out of it. Nice design, let's see if you give proper credit in your "portfolio" to the other authors.

As or some folks getting testy with the rules, hey, them's the rules, you knew it going in. Told you folks to get the admins' permission, and you decided to ignore the advice. Oh well. C'est la vie.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 02-14-2002, 08:43 PM   #12
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

I believe this 'conflict' can resume in the thread in General Messages.
Closed Thread