Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 11:07 AM   #1
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Strider what to look for

ok, ive heard rumours of a car, of gollum and of PJ in the back scenes of the movie,
im going in a few hours,

what are they and where are they, ive never seen them and i really want to look..

thank you much
Old 02-10-2002, 11:13 AM   #2
Hapira_Brandybuck
Enting

the car is in the scene where Sam says that he hasn't gone that far from home before or soemthing and up in the very top right corner you'll just see two little lights that look like headlights swing around and go poof! it's there for all of one second

as for PJ, he's in the picture above Bilbo's mantle and thefirst guy you see in Bree he burps

as for gollum, I dunno

'My dear Frodo!' exclaimed Gandalf. 'Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.
Old 02-10-2002, 12:18 PM   #3
coolismo
Enting

heres alist of funny signs, secret pipes and odd references i spotted...
After yet another viewing some quirky observations from the bottom of the barrel:

I didn’t realise that Gandalf loses his staff to Saruman and he has a new one post Rivendell (everyone else probably got it but me).

Staff version one has a funky groove in it where Gandalf keeps his pipe, the pipe staff runs into one of the curly branch, twiggy bits.

Theres a truly awful moment I hadn’t realised before. Outside the gates of Moria after the stones are chucked into the pool we see the ripples on the water and the score descends into a basey variation of the classic jaws theme. Yuk

I’m sure when Frodo offers the ring to Gandalf the ring is bigger. Anticipating Gandalf’s finger?

Is Boromir’s horn split in two on his belt just prior to his demise. I’m sure I saw it in two halves?

O I finally saw the car headlights.

No Gollum on the eyelid…my source was wrong there.

Where is Gollum? No sign after Moria. Won’t non Tolk’s think Gollum is a funny creature who had the ring once but now lives in Moria? There was no real sense of him following the company.

O here’s a note that will probably turn out naff: as Sam wades out to Frodo over his left shoulder you can see a column of masonry which is a stand alone ruin. On it is a shape of a cross. Maybe a reference to St Peter. Probably not.

O and finally there is a truly terrible midget double cut in Rivendell. It’s at the council when Elrond does his ..’company of nine speech,’ the midget stand in of Frodo is awful, looks like it might be a kid.
Old 02-10-2002, 12:44 PM   #4
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

You should have read the revelant threads for the information, instead of starting a new thread with questions which has already been answered in the relevent threads.

Also Peter Jackson has another 'cameo', very few people have spotted it.

Try this thread:
http://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/show...&threadid=3193
Closed Thread