Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-08-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
Sakata
Elven Warrior

Boundless Adventures

I am starting the rpg that was the -new quest- excepting any new creatures. In case you didnt read my post there, I am taking over the game master status for the moment until ElfOfMirkwood returns to the story. Please do not post questions or comments in this thread, I will make a Disscution thread for that purpose. Thank you

Káywn road silently through the forest on her white steed, she saw an elvin patrol wandering through the forest outside the guard tower, Káywn grinned evily, "this should be fun".
she went quietly along the edge of the forest behide the gurad till she was about 5 feet from him, quietly she pulled out her orc arrow and strung it in her hunting bow. The with one quick movement fired it at the guard.
The arrow wizzed past his head and drove deeply into the tree next to him, he jumped, and so did his horse that threw him off and bolted.
The next thing the dazzed warrior saw was a elvin woman looking down at him laughing.
" You know Drelin, the elvin guards are suppose to have the quickest senses in the forest. I guess nature made an exception"
She bend down from her horse and offered him her hand.
"comon, lets go get your horse"

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 02:53 PM   #2
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Valtaruyn and Christon entered the Prancing Pony and sat in a corner, waiting for Butterbur to send someone. When he did, they both ordered drinks and sat back.

Valtauryn was still upset. She had seen some young elves earlier and, as always, they had laughed at her, yelling "Perenaug, Perenaug!" It was her most hated naickname. Her dwarvish anger had built up and, had it not been for Christon, she would have shown those brats a thing or two with her axe. Fortunately, Christon had stopped her.

She got her drink and drank it in one gulp.

"Calm down, Valtauryn," Christon said.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 12:03 PM   #3
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

Just then, a tall Gondorian man walked in. He wore a beautiful fur cape. "Pre'y cape ya got there sonny!" said one of he men in the inn with a sneer, several men laughed. before any of them could blink he had his sword drawn toward the old man. "I'm sorry, what did you say?" The man eyed the sword and stopped laughing. "Uh, nottin'..." "I thought so." said the Gondorian. He sat a couple seats away from Vaultaryn and Christon, and ordered a glass of wine.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 11:04 PM   #4
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Valtauryn snickered as the gondorean unsheathed his sword. "A bit touchy, are we?" she whispered to Christon.
The dwarf looked at her sarcastically "You're one to talk."
"Hey, you watch it or you'll get a nice shave," she warned.
THey watched the Gondorean sit a few seats away from them, then turned and spoke in subdued voices.
"He's a new one. Haven't seen him before," said Valtauryn.
"What do you care? I'd like a go at that cloak, though." Christon responded.
"Who says I care?"
"That look on your face. He's mortal. Get over it."
"Well, he's got some elvish blood at least. Look at those ears. Not completely Man."
"Good point."
Just then, as they were both studying the newcomer, he turned to them and caught them staring. Valtauryn looked back at him. There was a moment of akward silence

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-14-2002, 09:28 AM   #5
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Fimbren quickly rode into Bree. So quick was his horse, Nahar, that the guards didn't have a chance to say anything. He rode up to the prancing pony and jumped from his horse. He whispered in its ear and it obediently trotted off to the stable.

Fimbren entered the Prancing Pony. The people stared at this elven newcomer dressed in silver and green.
He went and sat at a table and called for some mulled wine.
Then he saw them, at one table was a dwarf and what appeared to be an elf. He looked closer, "a perenaug" he gasped. Few elves ever married dwarves and those who did were often cast from the community. But Fimbren had lived a long life and seen much more shocking things and besides, it was not the girl's fault. Nearby, sat a man, dressed in Gondorean garb and a beautiful fur cape but looking at the man's face, he knew he was part elf.
Fimbren smiled. these were exactly the kind of people he was looking for.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-16-2002 at 02:36 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 02:44 PM   #6
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

As Fimbren was about to walk over to them a man with blonde hair walked into the Pony.
Fimbren smiled and waved.
"Aranon" he said, "what brings you all the way from Lake-town? Esgaroth is a very long way from Bree. Long it has been."
Then Fimbren frowned. "Aranon" he said, "I need your help to get that Dwarf, that Perenaug and that half elf to help us. "
So together, The man Aranon and the ancient Elf Fimbren walked towards the table of the dwarf and half dwarf.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-16-2002 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 07:33 PM   #7
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

The Gondorian quickly realized that he was being watched. He turned to look at the pair looking at him. He stared for a few seconds then asked: "I'm sorry, I may have cused a bit of trouble. Did you want something?"
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:19 AM   #8
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

But before they could answer a tall elf and a man with blonde hair walked up to them.
"Excuse me, sir dwarf and lady perenaug" said the elf.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:53 AM   #9
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

"Greetings, elf, what brings you to Bree?" "May I ask what brings such an important-looking man from Gondor?" The Gondorian was a little surprised that he'd already guessed so much about him. "My name is Revamir, and I have been searching for adventure, for Gondor has not been to war for many a year." "Absolutely wonderful! I need you to help me on a quest, you, sir Revamir, and you sir dwarf and miss Peranaug," Vaultauryn became mad, "My name is Vaultauryn!" she said angrily, "I'm sorry," said the elf, "there's no need to get angry..."
"Don't take it to harshly, my friends a little touchy, my name's Christon."
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 05-15-2002, 11:52 AM   #10
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"Thank you Criston. And I am sorry. Perenaug is used as a derogatory term but to me it simply means half dwarf." said the elf with a bow.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-15-2002 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-15-2002, 02:44 PM   #11
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

The elf smiled. "I am Fimbren. An elf of Valinor, My father was a Noldo, my mother was half Teleri, half Vanya. I followed my friend Finrod to Middle Earth and have remained ever since. This is Aranon, a hunter and scout from Esgaroth, the town on the long lake.
Hear me now friends. You are needed, Dwarf, half dwarf and..." he nearly said half elf but stopped himself. "...And man. Please, come with me to Rivendell where we will take council with Lord Celeborn and with Elrond's sons Elrohir and Elladan. It concerns Mirkwood, which is why, I believe, Aranon is here."

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-16-2002 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:08 PM   #12
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

"I will come," said the Gondorian, "I will help you in any way I can, but I do not no about the other two, for we do not no each other, and it is by chance that you have met us together,"
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 05-16-2002, 08:22 AM   #13
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"A chance meeting can be the best kind." said Fimbren, "and help unlooked for the most useful. Tell me friends, will you accompany the Gondorian and Lake-man and myself to Rivendell?"

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 05-16-2002 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:43 PM   #14
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Valtauryn was furious. Children's chants of Perenaug Perenaug danced in her head when the elf addressed her. But she let it go, slowly.

Elladan and Elrohir? Interesting. She had met them once before. Valiant warriors and, she might mention, quite handsome. And twins, nonetheless.

"Yes," she and Christon said in unison. "And," she added sweetly. "you may call me Val"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-17-2002, 12:07 AM   #15
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

"I will leave as soon as the rest of you are ready. I am ready when you are, Mr.Christon, Miss Val, and good elf." "I have my own horse, and he can carry two riders besides me, and can bear heavy loads."
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 05-17-2002, 08:18 AM   #16
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

"Excellent!" Fimbren clapped his hands together and called for more ale (though he himself drank only mulled wine). "We will leave tomorrow morning at dawn. Aranon, think you should come, you questions remained tied with why I am here."
Finally he got up. "I go to sleep, I will see you all at dawn."
Old 05-17-2002, 10:37 AM   #17
Faramir
Elven Warrior

Strider

Revamir checked into a room. He was a surprised to be involved with these people he'd just met. He pondered the elf'swords:" A chance meeting can be the best kind".... He wondered to himself about these strange things 'til he fell asleep.
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
I Love Jesus!
Old 05-17-2002, 12:23 PM   #18
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Val smiled grimly. She hated horses. So did Christon. But that never stopped them before. She left and went home. Unlike dwarves, she did not require sleep. However, she indulged herself occasionally. Somehow she knew that it would be a long while before she could sleep again.

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
Old 05-17-2002, 02:04 PM   #19
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Important!!!!
OOC: check the discussion
Old 05-23-2002, 08:16 AM   #20
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

OOC: I'm Back

Fimbren awoke the next morning and jumped from his bed. He went down to the common room where he had a quick breakfast and then went out to the stable to see Nahar.