Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-08-2002, 08:53 PM   #1
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Strider read this

arwen IS at helms deep..

i just saw confirmed pictures of the helms deep background, and it's the same kind of colour and rock and statue that arwen is at on the spoiler site that bropous posted a while back.. i think it is in the Cut Scenes post.

and now the window is gone too.. i'll try to get the address back, but it won't be easy.

now all i can do is hope that they were talking about the return trip maye it's a photo of RotK?
i would rather have them mess with the return trip and swing by helms deep than the have them mess with the battle itself.

oh well.. i guess now it truly IS written in stone..

well poo.
Old 02-09-2002, 02:57 AM   #2
Sakata
Elven Warrior

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *banging fists on ground* Tell me it isnt True!!! Damn you PJ!!!!!!!!

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 06:24 AM   #3
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

*sigh* at least we've still got the books, eh?

*walks off muttering obscenities about liv tyler and peter jackson*
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 11:22 AM   #4
Pailan
Elven Warrior

I belive Arwen at Helm's Deep footage was shot, but I think it has been dropped from the movie. If you go here you will find avery well researched list of film changes which differ from the book. The whole Arwen thing is given a 1/5 probability of actually being true. We have ten months to go, so don't have a heart attack yet. .

Some of the other possible changes iinclude the Saruman impalement and Legolas surfing on a sheild. Be fore warned, some of this stuff is nothing but rumors....

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.

Last edited by Pailan : 02-09-2002 at 11:24 AM.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 11:39 AM   #5
Twilight
Elven Warrior

That is a very good link. Thanks.
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 11:45 AM   #6
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Thanks. If I find good and fun info, I like to pass it along. I bookmarked it just about a year back. Mind you, it's not gospel just good efforts in finding what's out there, rumors or otherwise.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 02-09-2002, 05:13 PM   #7
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
You can't always depend on the pictures, there are pictures of Midgewater, of the trolls,of the elves, of the Shire that aren't even IN the movie, so dont trust the pictures. They dont tell you anything just that "this is what the characters look like"Other than that they give ZILCH as to what'll happen in the movie, so dont start despairing yet.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 06:10 PM   #8
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Dern it! Too much Arwen!

Legolas surfing on the shield sounds kinda cool though.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 07:48 PM   #9
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I guess we won't know until we see the movie, but for some reason I highly doubt this is true.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:54 PM   #10
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I agree with Starr Like I said you CANNOT trust the pictures as to what the content of the movie is so I wouldn't worry about it. If she's in she's in. If not then rejoice.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 03:47 PM   #11
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, I looked at the tolkienonline site, and right off the bat, it said that the plate armor on the Uruk-Hai was "grafted" on. Huh???? Wrong-o.

As for the rest, who knows? All I know is I am gonna read this further....
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 10:32 PM   #12
dark over lord
Hobbit

i wish pj didn't even add arwen. it doesn't leave room fot the real love intrest in the book: wats his name daughter
The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic, for now I find, I have no choice at all. I am a warrior, let the battled be joined.

-dinobot, and me, before i went and got myself shot-

The sleeper has awakend, i am the prince of all sayans once again-Vegeta-
dark over lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 06:30 AM   #13
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

It's not like Aragorn didn't love Arwen, it's just that one woman isn't enough. Of course it makes Eowyn's life much harder.

Eowyn: Oh Aragorn please don't go

Aragorn: (looks stern and kinglike)

Arwen: What this a rider taken by surprise

Eowyn: Forth eorlingas!

(the A +E wrestle in jello)

Aragorn: (looks stern and kinglike)
Old 02-17-2002, 02:26 PM   #14
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*considers the possibility of Arwen at Helm's Deep, shudders, starts praying, please don't let her be there, please don't let her be there, please don't let her be there....*

I for one have always been in favour of portraying women in another role that decoratively beautiful and damsel in distress. But if you make a movie of a book, the least you can do is stick to that book.

ten months to go...oh the agony!
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 07:30 PM   #15
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

TEN!?

ten months...*sob* I can't handle suriviving that long!
I really hope Arwen's not at helm's deep...and the other elves and whatnot. It's just so much cooler that the little band of Rohoirrim goes forth so courageously, and wins, too...not to mention all the trees. And then Gandalf brings Earkenbrand (sp?), and NO ELVES ARE THER EXCEPT LEGOLAS. So there...*crosses fingers*
-tano
"Yes, preciousss....we loves it, don't we, precious...." -me on reading LOTR for the first time

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 10:05 PM   #16
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
They're putting Arwen in the battle at Helm's deep? Oh, dear Eru, nobody told me that it was going to be a LotR / Xena crossover.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 07:50 AM   #17
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

And the elves being there destroys a major theme of the mythology.
Old 02-19-2002, 09:08 AM   #18
Aragorns Dimple
Enting

So Arwen will be at Helms Deep, I just hope that she can add some more interest to the fight scenes so it's not all Legolas/Gimli/Aragorn. And Gandalf the White will be there too, on his spanky white mount Shadowfax, looking very Wizardly!

And I can't wait to see Eowyn pouting at Aragorn, that would be MUCH more of a temptation than that blasted Ring.....!!!! Will he pass the test, folks????
Old 02-19-2002, 09:16 AM   #19
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Well I see a lot of folk are jumping on the Arwen will be fighting at helms deep. Please be careful with rumors as you go.

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:34 PM   #20
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

If Aragorn decides to go with Eowyn...

LOL that would be so hilarious just because it would annoy everyone