Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-26-2002, 08:54 PM   #1
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

hmm, well hey, read this if yer bored

hi im new, i just signed up.
how is everyone? what do you think about the movies?
i know how some people don't like them, saying that they will destroy the books and all, but i liked them, i mean, i guess i am a more visual learner, but hey, why NOT make a movie?
Old 01-26-2002, 09:00 PM   #2
Thrain of the Shire
Hobbit

Shouldn't this be in the movie forum??

Welcome!!

And if you want thoughts on the movie -- there are lots on this site.

Check out the threads in the LOTR Movie forum as that is where you'll see some great discussion -- some on just the movie and others comparing the movie and books....
Thrain of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 09:09 PM   #3
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

ai!

i just realised what board i posted this on! sorry, heh..heh...
Old 01-26-2002, 09:15 PM   #4
Thrain of the Shire
Hobbit

Hey, no problem, the more the merrier.

And I agree with your "why NOT make a movie" -- at the very least it inpires the next person to try to do a better job, and so things go....
Thrain of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 10:35 PM   #5
Kamyel
Hobbit

I like the movie too. Besides even thoughs who absolutely despise it have to admit one thing. It's brought LOTR into the lives of a lot of formerly very deprived people.
Kamyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 11:26 PM   #6
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

I would rather you post it here than the Movie forum. I do not like it when the tolkien forums get clogged up. You are introducing yourself ... that is general. If an administrator comes argue that point.

Welcome to the Moot! Most people around here call me Carden the Benevolent Demi-God. Feel free to do the same.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 12:48 AM   #7
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

People around here lie alot, don't they?! Carden's not a god of any sort, those are the admins.

Anyway, my name is Renille, I never lie, and my posts always make sense. I loved the movie...I agree that it was a good opportunity to further discover the book, and also to introduce new people to the wonders of Middle Earth. My previous Tolkien illiterate friend, after viewing the movie three times, is halfway through the Two Towers. I was so happy!! Now she can actually say Legolas' name right and doesn't call him "the cute guy" anymore! (I suffered through SO many conversations with that referral. I somehow refrained from absolutely bawling.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 01:00 AM   #8
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Quote:
People around here lie alot, don't they?! Carden's not a god of any sort, those are the admins.
sarcasm..humour...joke... I know these words seem strange but you'll get used to them when you realize alot more people than the ones you hate use them.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
Old 01-27-2002, 01:12 AM   #9
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

I don't hate you!! I also, was using those three little "humour" words... I'm sorry. I don't hate you...honestly.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 01:23 AM   #10
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Alright I'll forgive you if... you call me Carden The Benevolent Demi-God. J/k

Don't read anything me or Renille has to say...ever.

Like this..

stop reading...
Old 01-28-2002, 07:37 PM   #11
Alethes
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Renille

My previous Tolkien illiterate friend, after viewing the movie three times, is halfway through the Two Towers. I was so happy!! Now she can actually say Legolas' name right and doesn't call him "the cute guy" anymore! (I suffered through SO many conversations with that referral. I somehow refrained from absolutely bawling.
I had the same trouble with my friend, only she didn't call him "the cute guy". She called him "Le-GO-lus" instead of "LEG-o-lus", despite the fact that I and many other people pronounced it the second way. After she saw the movie, her pronounciation magically changed. My friends were all Tolkien-illiterate too, but before they had even finished the books, they were correcting my pronounciation and telling me various facts about the books (facts that I have known for years) as though I was the one who hadn't read the books. Now at least some of them are finishing the books.
-Proverbs 22:11
Alethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 07:48 PM   #12
Eowyn, The Lioness
Enting

Welcome! I'm okay,how 'bout you? yes, I liked the movies! (The books are MUCH BETTER though.) Have you read the books? If you haven't,you should they're Grrrrreat! Nice to have met you...sorta...
Eowyn, The Lioness is offline   Reply With Quote