Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2002, 06:06 PM   #1
olorin7
Hobbit

how many people are seeing fotr

does anyone know how much the movie has made so far? or how much in the first week? i'm interested to know how many people are seeing the movie.
Old 01-11-2002, 06:13 PM   #2
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Tom Bombadil

Last time I heard it beat Harry Potter. I dont know how many people have seen it but last time I went to a theater house they SOLD OUT for ALL of the shows in the FOUR screens they were showing them. But I think that the competition with Harry Potter is pretty much non existant now. Oh yeah!
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
Old 01-11-2002, 06:16 PM   #3
Kiri
Hobbit

I saw it and liked it. Of course, I didn't think that Herman and Stewart "ruined" "The Matchmaker" when they did "Hello, Dolly!", nor did I think that Wilder "ruined" "The Merchant of Yonkers" when he rewrote it entirely as "The Matchmaker", nor did I think that Wilder "ruined" "A Day Well Spent" when he wrote "The Merchant of Yonkers".

Likewise, I don't fault Mozart for deviating from the original "Figaro"...

Neurotic obsession with "source fidelity" seems to be a modern curse, and I, for one, am quite happy that the Professor, himself, did not actually subscribe to it. Otherwise, there would be no Middle Earth in the first place...
Old 01-11-2002, 06:38 PM   #4
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

There is another thread for this. Fellowship of the Ring has not beat Harry Potter, it may never, Fellowship has only been released for 3 weeks. Though they are on par on the third week total box office. Check out Box Office Mojo
Closed Thread