FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-10-2002, 11:25 AM   #1
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

LOTR Juxstapostion

Any idea how these would turn out?

As far as title AND synopsis?

LOTR juxstaposed with

Lord of the Dance, Lord of the Flies. Lord of the Rings.

Quentin Tarantino directs LOTR

George Lucas does LOTR

Disney does LOTR

All the male characters are female and vice versa

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 09:55 PM   #2
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

All the male characters female . . .
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

*shrieks and runs away gibbering like a madwoman*

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:36 PM   #3
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

O_O...*twitch*
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:41 PM   #4
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

I do not think that would would be a good thing. Unless you WANT to replace Merry and Pippin with C-3PO and R2-D2 .
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 11:55 PM   #5
ChildofEru
Hobbit

I'ld shoot myself in the head if I heard Disney was doing a LoTR movie/book/LoTR on ice/5 part mini-series.
Old 01-11-2002, 03:56 AM   #6
athelas
Enting

Disney and LOTR...yikes The fellowship will be singing stupid songs every 5 mins. And they'll be skipping happily to Mordor, sans all tragedies and bloody battles. At Mordor Frodo will just toss in the ring, Sauron goes up in smoke and everybody makes their happy way home. The dwarves will look like clones of Snow White's ones, the elves will look like Santa's "not so little helpers" and Gollum will be animated by Pixar, Toy Story style...
beneath the Moon, beneath the Sun,
Lùthien Tinùviel
more fair than mortal tongue can tell.
Though all to ruin fell the world
and were dissolved and backward hurled
unmade into old abyss,
yet were its making good, for this--
the dusk, the dawn, the earth, the sea--
that Lùthien for a time should be.

"I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam."-Frodo

FRODO LIVES!!! (erm...Sam does too, right?)
athelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 12:31 PM   #7
Strange-Looking Lurker
Elven Warrior

ahhh!!!! NO, NO, NO!!!!!
Old 01-11-2002, 03:10 PM   #8
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

"Hi- ho, hi-ho, its off to Mordor we go!" (whistle whistle whistle...) Okay...NO!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 05:15 PM   #9
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Quote:
Originally posted by athelas
The fellowship will be singing stupid songs every 5 mins.
Well actually, they did...
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 08:54 AM   #10
illogik
Sapling

frodo, sam, merry and pip go into lands of mordor to film a documentary about the legend of sauron.. their footage is found years later..
illogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 10:02 AM   #11
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Imagine the bashki cartoon and amplify ever annoying aspect of the movie. This would be something like the disney movie.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 04:07 PM   #12
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Were Disney to have done Lord of the Rings as a film, Tolkien himself would have risen from the grave as a revenging wraith to strike down the studio bosses. Tolkien DESPISED Disney stuff...source "Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien".

However, if the Disney of present day did LotR, Sam and Frodo would be gay, Arwen would be played by Christine Aqquilera and would end up going for Eowyn, Snoop Doggy Dog would rap and make us hurl as Lord of the Nazgul, all characters would spew obscenities and street ebonics with every turn, the Elves would wear football team coats and drive BMWs, and the Palantiri would be replaced with cel phones. Disney now is an abomination and cannot be trusted to turn out a good, much less acceptable for children, film.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 06:07 PM   #13
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Poor Disney. I really do like Beauty and the Beast. But you could never make a kids Lord of the Rings without totally mangling the story. Imagine, LotR in an hour and a half? Nah.

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Old 01-15-2002, 05:16 AM   #14
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

tisk tisk! i have to agree with frodofriend on this one! i love disney films (along with pretty much anything animated... god i love tom and jerry!) but surely disney would be inappropriate for LOTR and probably even the hobbit.

i love jungle book the most - those dixieland tunes are WILD and dear bropous, i don't think modern disney is as bad as you profess! i loved the hunchback of notre dame (sp?) and hercules, both of which were fairly recent productions.

ok so they're evil capitalists, but so are most food chains, supermarkets, variety stores (i think that's what americans call shops like k-mart?) etc. *sigh*
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 05:26 AM   #15
luinilwen
Elven Warrior

PS. pixar is great! not a big fan of toy story, but i absolutely loved monsters inc. however i don't think many kids could pick up on th eplot line. my 18 year old friend paul had trouble with the plot line, although his mind is somewhat... eroded. (thats what 'pipe' weed does to you kiddies!)
luinilwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 05:17 PM   #16
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Gollum

I used to like Disney but now I don't really like what they turned it into. Disney doing LOTR? Mmmm, naaaah don't see that happening, or hope to see that don't happening (is that even a sentence?) But if they ever did LOTR I put money on it that it'll be raining when Gandalf and Boromir die....
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 05:15 PM   #17
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Quote:
Originally posted by bropous
However, if the Disney of present day did LotR, Sam and Frodo would be gay, Arwen would be played by Christine Aqquilera and would end up going for Eowyn, Snoop Doggy Dog would rap and make us hurl as Lord of the Nazgul, all characters would spew obscenities and street ebonics with every turn, the Elves would wear football team coats and drive BMWs, and the Palantiri would be replaced with cell phones. Disney now is an abomination and cannot be trusted to turn out a good, much less acceptable for children, film.
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help me! The horror of Disney mauling LotR! AAHHHHHHHH!!!!! *runs away*

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 05:59 PM   #18
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

What? Bropous, I haven't seen any Disney movies that have done any of those things. Disney doesn't discuss homosexuality and it doesn't have rap songs or obscenities. Are you sure we're talking about the same thing here?

Old 02-09-2002, 06:36 PM   #19
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I like Disney stuff like Beauty and the Beast and my favorite movie when I was a kidlet was "The Little Mermaid" So dont get me wrong. I LOVED Monsters Inc and Toy Story(One I thought Numero Dous was KIND OF dumb)and I liked many numerous Disney shows but I do have some problems with some of the more recent movie they've come out with.
Do you know the TRUE Poccahontas of history was a converted to Christianity?For some strange and probably politically correct reason Disney turned her into this teeny bober dressed in this mini skirt and who likes talking to this old tree and to the Spirits of the Earth. They turned true american history into this twisted thing so they wouldn't offend the Indian American population. Although I kind of liked the songs and that Racoon. They should have called him Pippin. J/K
In Lion King the word s-e-x is spelled by the dust in the air when Simba is all depressed and plops down in the dust and it goes to the monkeys tree(Hey has anyone noticed that that monkey has a diaper on?) but that is the ONLY thing I have against Lion King Loved the songs and the animation.
Something happens in The Little Mermaid that my Mom wont tell me about so I guess it's pretty bad plus the Mermaid is a spoiled self centered diosbedient brat with no regard to the rules and the father is a WIMP. He's a DOORMAT and lets his daughter just do whatever she wants. But then that happens in the second one (which is REALLY DUMB) with Ariel. But then again I LOVED ALL the songs in that movie.
And before I jump to conclusions I THINK I know what Bropous means by Homosexuality but I want to be sure so what do you mean by Homosexuality Bro?
And the non computer animators of Disney must be getting REALLY BORED because they're comin out with: Peter Pan 2: Return to Neverland, Humback of Notre Dame 2(I forgot the subtitle.)and ummmm*scratches behind ear and coughes politly into her hand before continuing on* Cinderella 2reams Come True. AUGGGGGHHH that is just plain GROSS and SICK. YUCK!
SO yes I too say:SAVE US FROM DISNEYIZED LOTR. Although John-Rhys-Davies played Aladdins Dad in the King Of Thieves.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2002, 06:55 PM   #20
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

What? It does not spell "sex"! I hear rumors like that all the time and I refuse to believe them!

As for Pocahontas, it was historically inaccurate, but she did believe in her Native American religion before she converted to Christianity. And the movie takes place before she marries an Englishman, moves to England, and becomes Christian, so technically there's nothing wrong with that part of it.

Lots of Disney movies are good, especially the songs! Sequels are an entirely different things. Almost all movie sequels suck, not just Disney.