Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 01:21 AM   #1
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

What would you do? heh heh heh . . .

What would you do if you met the actor who plays your favorite LotR character walking on the street one day?
Here's my scenario:

Me: Frodo!! O great glory and splendour!! It's Frodo Baggins!
Elijah Wood: Oh well, it's nice to be recognized but actually my name's Elijah Wood.
Me: Frodo speaks!! Frodo speaks!! Speech, speech!
EW: Er, yes, well . . .
Me: But you're so tall!! Have you been drinking Ent-draughts??
EW: No, I'm not a hobbit!
Me: Not Ent-draughts after all, he's been into the old Winyards!! *starts pawing EW and attempting to remove his shirt* Can I see your mithril coat?
EW: Ahhh!! Help! Bodyguards! *tries to run*
Me: Oh no you don't! *lassos EW with an elven-rope* I have plans for you . . . *starts dragging EW to secret lair*
EW: Help!! Help!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE HELP ME!!
Me: Mwa ha ha ha . . .

(Later, at secret lair)
EW: Orlando! Viggo! Billy! Dominic! Sean! She got you too?!
Guys: Elijah!
Me: Now . . . DANCE!!
Orlando: Please, can't we just give you our autographs?
Me: No! (irritably) Dance, slaves!!!
Guys: *sigh* Yes, O Mistress Supreme.
(Dancing . . . dancing . . .)
Me: Now . . . STRIP!!
Guys: *stare in horror*
Me: Just kidding. I wouldn't go that far.

Hee hee hee . . .

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears

Last edited by FrodoFriend : 01-03-2002 at 01:56 AM.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:32 AM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Moving this to the movie forum...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
Old 01-03-2002, 11:47 AM   #3
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Hilarious!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:53 PM   #4
andustar
Elven Warrior

<grins>
Old 01-03-2002, 05:44 PM   #5
Kamyel
Hobbit

I see you've given this a lot more thought than I have.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:18 PM   #6
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

I don't know...

I, personally, think I would like meeting christopher lee most of all.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:41 PM   #7
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

woohoo! *grabs a bucket O popcorn and joins in the waching of the forced dancing of the Fellowship of the rings. Then it dawns on her* DUUUUUDE Lord of the Rings meets Lord of the Dance! hell yeah! quik! all you starts dancing by only moving your feet below the ankles! do it ! do it noooow!

hehehe.

I think that if I met any one of the actors in real life I'd be like..well.very star stuck..y'know. The basic hey! its..YOU!..autograph..stalk them for the rest of the daay.. somehow get their number and call them at ungodly hours of the night. ..same-ol same ol.

...not really.

Last edited by Feraway Hawkbriar : 01-03-2002 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:21 PM   #8
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

I think, above all, I'd like to meet Ian McKellum or Christopher Lee. Ian McKellum because he brought so much to the character of Gandalf, and Christopher Lee because he is an original Tolkien fan, who read the first book and anxiously awaited the publishing of The Two Towers and the Return of the King in the '50s.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:21 PM   #9
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Ha.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:25 PM   #10
Darth Tater
The man

Too bad you can't spell his name right bropous
Old 01-03-2002, 07:34 PM   #11
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, heck, Darth, all the more reason he should seek me out so he can correct my spelling!
Old 01-03-2002, 10:19 PM   #12
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Well, I don't know if that's what I'd really do if I met Elijah Wood . . . But I'd probably tell him that that's what I wanted to do, which would be nearly as bad and quite embarrassing. Hmm . . . of course, stalking's always the nice, mild, alternative . . .

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
Old 01-03-2002, 11:10 PM   #13
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

If I saw a cast member on the street, my eyes would just go all big, and I'd probably faint or something. Or else, I'd whisper...like I always do when I'm more than slightly nervous..."Hi." Farther than that, I wouldn't be able to go!
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 01-04-2002, 12:20 AM   #14
Kamyel
Hobbit

Hmmm, well I like just about everyone who was cast in the movie. But if I were to meet one of them I think I'd like to meet Kate Blanchet (Galadriel). However seconds after I make this post I'll change my mind. It'll be, "No! I want to meet Gandalf. No Frodo! No make that Legolas!" lol.

Of course the downside of seeing any of my favorite's in real life would be spoiling the picture I've created of them in my head.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:52 AM   #15
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

I don't think I'd say anything, those celebrities probably get bugged enough as it is.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:39 PM   #16
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

"I don't think I'd say anything, those celebrities probably get bugged enough as it is."

Good point, Inoldonil.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:17 PM   #17
Pailan
Elven Warrior

If the timing was right, I would go for an autograph and leave at that. However should I run into Liv Tyler... See the start of this thread and insert her name.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Old 01-07-2002, 12:19 AM   #18
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Me: oh my gossssssssssh! ahhhhhhhh!

Ian McKellen: what was that?

Me: *big eyes* ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......wow.......

IM: Are you ok? you look pale.

Me: *bigger eyes* ohhhhhhhhhhhh...ahhhhhhhhh....

Im: uhhh hello?

Me: are you really Gandalf?.......

IM*kindly smile as he sees that I am obviously one of those fans who loves lotr to the point of obsession* Yes I'm Gandalf...well I played the part of Gandalf.

Me: *dopey grin* you're even cooler than I thought...... I had a dream about you... you were pacing back and fourth and the moonlight shone on you're white hair....

IM: *starting to get worried* uhhh... thats nice, do you want an autograph or something
kid?

Me: *says in elvish* I am no mere mortal! I am an elf prince! hear me Gandalf the Grey!

IM: kid I'm really busy, if you want an autograph you can have one just ask.

Me: *rolls eyes* Yes, thanks, an autograph would be nice, *hands him a book* just sign right here next to radagasts name.

IM:*signs book* ok there you go kid have a nice day.

Me *sigh* uhhhh... you too.....

(later when I am staring in to my palantear)

Me: no he does not know who he is. our only hope now is arwin......*thinks of her*...never mined...*sob* all is lost!....*sob*

lol

sorry to all you liv fans.

Last edited by Tessar : 01-08-2002 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2002, 07:09 PM   #19
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

FrodoFriend, you and I will gladly get along

Invite me to the party next time!
Old 01-07-2002, 08:59 PM   #20
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Tesseract, excellent post, my elven warrior bretheren!
Closed Thread