Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2002, 09:19 PM   #1
Galahira_May
Sapling

just wondering

what character of the LOTR do you mosly resemble? For me its strider.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:36 PM   #2
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

I am editing what I last posted after reading about Quickbeam in TTT.
I think that I am most like Quickbeam. Here is why.

He can generally make decisions faster than others - I can generally make decisions faster than others
He is a "gentle creature" - I am a gentle creature
He can snap into fighting action when necessary I can snap into fighting action when necessary
He is big (about 14') - I am big (6'7")

Last edited by emplynx : 01-03-2002 at 07:20 PM.
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 10:23 PM   #3
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

in my current state i shouldn't be trusted to answer questions coherently but . . . probably Merry or Frodo.
hobbits, hobbits, hobbits!!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 11:28 PM   #4
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Do you mean in personality? Then, I've got to say Arwen. Sacrificial, kind, and patient. (At least, that's what I think. )
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 07:16 AM   #5
Banazir
Hobbit

Sam Gamgee

For me, it will have to be Sam.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:00 PM   #6
andustar
Elven Warrior

I've never been able to see myself as any of the LOTR characters, much to my disappointment
Old 01-03-2002, 12:57 PM   #7
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Now, THERE'S a poser! What a good question...I had never really thought about it. I'd love to say I'm like Elrond, or like Gandalf, or even like Bilbo. But to be honest, I'd have to admit being rather Saruman-ish on an occasion or two, or even like Denethor.

In my darker moments, I could even rival the black side of Sauron himself! Or maybe that slightly Grishnakian or Snaga-ish quality which creeps up form time to time...

Hopefully, however, the new year will find me more like Faramir...

With Entingish hopes...
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 05:41 PM   #8
Kamyel
Hobbit

That depends

If you mean which one do we physically resemble, for me it would probably be Arwen. However if your talking about personality I'm not really sure. Right now I'm just finishing up the first book, so there are still some characters I haven't met yet.
Kamyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 06:15 PM   #9
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

My better half is a lot like frodo after he became burdened.
My worse half is like gollum after he became free.
Old 01-03-2002, 07:18 PM   #10
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Welcome to the fold of Tolkien fans, Kamyel. Good on you, hope you enjoy the entire trilogy as much as all of us have! Always good to see our ranks swelling...after the trilogy, try "The Silmarillion" too.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:58 PM   #11
Kamyel
Hobbit

Hey, thanks bropous. You know I'm actually thinking of picking up a copy of "The Silmarillion" tomorrow to add to my reading list.
Kamyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 12:06 AM   #12
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

if you mean personality. Im most like Sauron... Im really evil. I'm trying to take over the world. I enjoy cruelty and I am exceedingly greedy. I find myself betraying others.... Actually I'm alot like pippin 1.clumsy 2.extroverted 3.Generally kind. etc...
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 09:26 AM   #13
Lightice
Elven Warrior

Theoden

Humm...I think, that I mostly resemble Saruman before he fell under Shadow of Mordor. Wise, but proud.
Lightice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 09:43 AM   #14
TrewynEvenstar
Sapling

I'm a hobbit...short, a bit on the round side, curly brown hair...definately a hobbit. I think, personality wise I'm Pippin.
TrewynEvenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 12:51 PM   #15
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Actually, physically, I'm like a half-elf with short hair and glasses. LOL!
Old 01-04-2002, 02:11 PM   #16
Gimly
Enting

For some unknown reason it's Merry, it's just that when I think about him I think he's like me.
Old 01-04-2002, 05:10 PM   #17
ChildofEru
Hobbit

I have the mentality of Pippin.
The overall sexyness of Legolas. (pffffft)
And the power of Gandalf (again pfffffft)
Im mostly hobbit-like