Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-31-2001, 08:26 PM   #1
Hapira_Brandybuck
Enting

What part of the movie is this pic from?

at one of the EZboards I go to, they posted a bunch of Legolas pics most of them are press photos but there's one that I haven't seen before and I wanna know what part it's from or maybe if it's from one of the other movies

http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/orla...lasdec2_sm.jpg

'My dear Frodo!' exclaimed Gandalf. 'Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.
Hapira_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 09:33 PM   #2
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

well that link does not work. angelfire is evil, not letting you do remote loading.....try attaching the file to a post..

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 09:53 PM   #3
webwizard333
Elf Lord

I got it, I think that's from when he got off his horse at Rivendell or maybe just before the fight with Lurtz and company.
Old 12-31-2001, 10:59 PM   #4
HOBBIT

thats funny, i just get this pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rloadblock.jpg (14.4 KB, 63 views)

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Old 12-31-2001, 11:30 PM   #5
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

same here
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 01:29 AM   #6
galadriel1
Elven Warrior

It works for me.

It looks like it could be around the battle with Lurtz but not sure. I'm going to see the movie again later today. I'll look for it. I thought I'd start the year out right - with LotR. hehe

Happy New Year to you all. -G.

Last edited by galadriel1 : 01-01-2002 at 01:32 AM.
galadriel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 01:19 PM   #7
Hapira_Brandybuck
Enting

I'd have to agree Galadriel

thanks that would've bugged me foreverif I didn't find out

*considers seeing it for the third time*.... I need to find someone to go with

'My dear Frodo!' exclaimed Gandalf. 'Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.
Hapira_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 02:43 PM   #8
HOBBIT

hmm maybe you would like to share this pic with the other half of the moot? just a suggestion! or i will close this out of annoyment. If you can see the pic.......save it onto your comp........see the "attach file" thing at the bottom of the post? Attach the pic! I'd be willing to bet that at least half, maybe more of the people that tried to see that pic got the angel fire logo..........if you do see it, it may be because its in your cache already - or a fluke. You aren't supposed to be able to see images hosted on angel fire (or any of the other free hosters ) that way...............i don't know why, but i happen to be curious about WHAT THE HECK YOU ARE REFERING TO!!!! So either share or this thread goes out the window

Old 01-01-2002, 03:16 PM   #9
HOBBIT

Guess what? I saw the stupid pic on another comp. What you have to do is copy the link url and enter it into the location box. Clicking the link (hmm like normal people) will not work. I'll try deleting my cache then getting it on this one. Still frustrating though.

Old 01-02-2002, 12:46 AM   #10
galadriel1
Elven Warrior

Re: pic

Well, I've just returned from seeing the film again. While the scenery in the pic looks like the Lurtz segment and following segments, I did not notice that particular shot of Legolas. Perhaps it is a publicity still. Or perhaps it was from one of the cut scenes, of which there were way too many.

I can view the pic by simply clicking on the url. I have a webtv, not a computer, and therefore I cannot download nor attach a file or I would.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:01 AM   #11
galadriel1
Elven Warrior

Going again.

Too bad you don't live closer to my area, Hapira; I'd gladly go with you. It is more fun seeing it with someone. I plan on seeing it several more times. The Moria segment, to me, is worth paying the ticket price to see. The brief Last Alliance segment at the beginning of the film as well. I still wish there was a bit more to the Lothlorien segment.

Last edited by galadriel1 : 01-02-2002 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-02-2002, 02:03 AM   #12
Smaug
Enting

Here's the pic:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg legolasdec2_sm.jpg (7.6 KB, 38 views)
Smaug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 12:32 PM   #13
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, I'd bet my leaves that this pic comes from either The Two Towers or Return of the King. I don't recall seeing Legolas in this pose, holding his quiver like this, in connection with that background. I could certainly be mistaken.

As an aside, I've seen pics of whom I take to be Theoden and Eowyn on back of the "quality paperback" version of the Two Towers. Theoden looks great, and Eowyn looks enchanting. Heck, it could be Eomer, or Faramir, but the age does not seem to fit. I can't wait for Christmas 2002!
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote