Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-24-2001, 11:44 AM   #1
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

Quenyan Character Keys

I need to know what ASCII (ALT + ####)Keys are for quenyan
like the "e" with the two dots above it and such.
There really are not very many.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 05:00 PM   #2
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Under Windows there is a program called Character map which should help you with Character Codes, if not here are some common characters.

ä = alt+0228
ë = alt+0235
ö = alt+0246
ü = alt+0252
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 09:03 PM   #3
Darth Tater
The man

on the mac the vowel key's e i and u have an accent thingy appear with the option key. Simply hold the option key, then press one of the following vowels for the accent that appears above them (see below) then press any vowel you want (without holding the option key of course) and that accent will appear over it

é
î
ü
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 10:34 PM   #4
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

this is realy in the right forum

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2001, 09:51 PM   #5
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

thank you very much. I do not own a macintosh,unfortunately,and after the recent reinstallation. My charecter map application was either moved and renamed or deleted altogether. thank you for the ones written here. My apologies for the placement of the message. I was not aware that it was the wrong forum. I do not mind at all if you wish to close the thread its purpose being complete
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.

Last edited by CardenIAntauraNauco : 12-25-2001 at 09:56 PM.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote