Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-25-2001, 09:51 AM   #1
Elessar_elfstone
Hobbit

Lord of The Rings meets Nintendo

I think most of you guys should know about the new GameBoy Advance and one of it's hit games Advance Wars...

...so I was wondering whether a Lord of the Rings version of Advance Wars could be released...

...Advance Wars is a turn-based strategy game and it would be fun if you could direct you armies in Helm's Deep, Siege of Gondor, Battle of Five Armies and more on...

Also a RPG of LOTR would be nice if you could play Aragon or Frodo leading the company of Nine to complete your mission by destroying the Ring or defending Gondor
Old 10-25-2001, 09:14 PM   #2
gdl96
the greg the admin

Check out xbox.ign.com. There a LOTR game coming out for X-Box sometime soon. I also wrote an article about this at the Tolkien Trail...you can go check that out for more information.

Too bad it's not coming out for Nintendo though...because I'm buying GameCube, not X-Box, and I won't be able to give that LOTR game a try.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2001, 11:39 AM   #3
Darkhalcyon
Elven Warrior

Nintendo did make a lord of the rings game once. (well, not nintendo, some ideo game company) it was released for super nintendo. Now, if some of you don't mind the less than breathtaking graphics, you can d/l ZNES (a program that letsyou run roms) and the rom for the game. Roms are computer versions of video games, mostly they have them for gameboy, nintendo, SNES and things like that. they're really small, which is the great thing about it. check out this site:

http://www.pic.ab.ca/~sheky/bottom.htm The RPG Oasis
Old 10-29-2001, 02:27 PM   #4
Finmandos12
Elven Warrior

You like Advance Wars Elessar?! Me too! Its the best handheld strategy I've ever played.
Old 10-29-2001, 05:23 PM   #5
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

I've played the Snes Lord of the Rings game, it's interesting at first, then it becomes the 'Worst Game Ever'. It doesn't stick to the plot, One instance I remember you had to save Farmer Maggot from Orcs. The puzzles are long, dull, hard and unrewarding, you have to explore huge mazes with no chance of knowing where you are going, the geography is completely stupid, the game is over after you Kill the Balrog.

Avoid it at all costs.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 05:50 PM   #6
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

Well, the ending almost makes sense. It was supposed to be Lord of the Rings Volume I.
Old 10-31-2001, 09:23 PM   #7
Darkhalcyon
Elven Warrior

thanks for ruining it for me! to be honest,i never made it far in the game, i think at the time i got involved in Final Fantasy 8. Oh well, i now know not to bother