Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-30-2001, 10:34 PM   #1
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
An adventure of some sorts

The Inn at Bree was busy the night of the storm, farmers caught unawares by the sudden squall made their way slowly to the Inn for a warming mug of ale, fresh bread, and a pipe of tobacco and a good talk of past and present news in the Common room, so busy was the Inn that the landlord Nob and his assistant Tom hardly noticed the drenched figure, it was the firgures dress that caught Nobs attention at last, and sending Tom off to mind the cries for drink in the Common Room, he attended his newest guest.
As Nob got closer he blinked to make sure his eyes did'nt decive him, infront of him was a hobbit no more then a lad, but the face could not be mistaken for any other, the stranger seeing Nobs strange expression stood on gaurd his hand on the sword by his side,"No no master take your hand away from that log cleaver"at that the stranger looked indignate but still did not speak"I meant you no harm, indeed for a moment you looked like a guest who stayed here when Master Butterburr was alive and I was just an apprentice. It was before the wars. His name was Master Pippin I do beleive."
Then the Hobbit spoke, a laugh in his voice."No wonder you had us mixed up, many an old friend has called me Peregrin,but my name is Elaird the son of Faramir the second. What is the price of a room?" Tom had since returned and lead Elaird to his room. When he was changed he made his way to the Common Room and ordered a meal, half way through his meal Elaird saw two men standing in a coner eyeing him intently with malice in their eyes.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 12:05 PM   #2
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

May i join? If you let me join ill help you take on those bad guys in the corner......i mean they ARE bad guys right?
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 05:41 PM   #3
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Feel free

If anyone else asks this is a free for all. Join in if you'd like.
Elairds hand slowly went to the hilt by his side, he was considering if he should draw it and challenge the men in the corner when...
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 12:51 AM   #4
Sakata
Elven Warrior

The men in the corner quietly exchange a few words and then walk over to where Elaird was sitting. The taller of the two walked up him, but the other stayed a few feet away, his lowered head covered by a dark hood. The man that can up to him was tall for a human; he had a scared, battle worn face and piercing gray eyes. He wore weather stained clothes, covered over by a dark green hunting cloak. He pushed back his hood to reveal graying hair and several strange tattoos on his forehead and cheekbones. “Greetings young man” he says in a deep voice, “I didn’t mean to frighten you,” he says with a half smile. Elaird realizes he is holding on to the table, and quickly moves his hands, trying not to look as intimidated as he feels. “My name is Thenragoss, you don’t know me, but I know you, Elaird”. Thenragoss glances over at the other man, “This is my friend Faylore”, he motions for his friend to come over and he cautiously does so. He removes his hood to reveal not a man, but a young woman. She is in her mid-twenties and has golden blonde hair. She says nothing to Elaird but simply gives a short bow. Her face has the tattoos like Thenragoss’s and though she is fair, her face is marked with several scars. Elaird immediately notices the Elven resemblance, a half-elf perhaps?

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!

Last edited by Sakata : 10-10-2001 at 08:49 PM.
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 10:23 AM   #5
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

hey didn't you say something about ELVEN

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 08:50 PM   #6
Sakata
Elven Warrior

The was just a type-o I swear!

JESUS LIVES!
Old 10-17-2001, 11:45 PM   #7
Werewolf
Hobbit

Strider

What so does anyone just tpye in what happends next or something?
Old 10-19-2001, 03:42 PM   #8
Legolas
Elven Warrior

"What should I do now?", asked Elaird.
"You will know when it is time", said Faylore silently, looking at someone else.
"What, what's there?", asked Elaird, quickly turning around.
"DO NOT LOOK there", ordered Thenragoss.
But 'twas too late. Elaird looked there where he shouldn't look and what he saw was an old-looking man standing near the door. He looked somehow strange.
Suddenly, Faylore jumped from the table, ran to the man and spotted a dagger to his breast:
"YOU!!! You're the one who I want DEAD", she shouted, angrily.
The man raised his hat, revealing the face. Everyone turned and looked at him.
"Gandalf!", someone shouted.
"Yes, that's me", replied Gandalf.
"Who are these guys?", asked Elaird once more.
"They are bad", said Gandalf, taking Faylore's hand and twisting it, "help me kill them, and I'll tell you more".
Elaird took a knife from the table and tried to hit Thenragoss, but all he hit was a part of open space. His mind turned black and he fell...

OK, that's my part, the rest is up to another ones.
Old 10-19-2001, 07:23 PM   #9
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Arwen Undomiel

GAndalf sundenly grabs his staff and with a few lightning bolts he has the two bad people tied and gaged.
Old 10-20-2001, 06:05 AM   #10
Legolas
Elven Warrior

Elaird opened his eyes. He was in one of the chambers of the "Dancing ponny", lying on a bed. Gandalf was sitting near him and looking through a window.
"What happened?", asked Elaird.
"Oh, our little friend has awaken. Tell him, Faramir", replied Gandalf.
Elaird turned his head and saw Faramir, the son of Faramir and Eowyn the shieldmaiden. "What are you doing here?", Elaird asked.
"Helping you and Gandalf".
"Oh, and how has Gandalf come here?"
"He's the only one who knows"
"Gandalf, tell me, please, oh pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaase..."
"OKay OKay".
Old 11-11-2001, 01:51 AM   #11
Sakata
Elven Warrior

Legolas , Legolas , Legolas ...

I am sorry Legolas but have you ever written before? I dont want to be judgmental, but are you around 7 years old? Have you ever read a book where the characters talk like "YOU!!! You're the one who I want DEAD" or "They are bad" have you ever read a book at all? or maybe just watched that detestable lotr cartoon, and where the heck is the Dancing ponny? If your going to write like you were born yesterday, could you start your own story?

JESUS LIVES!
Old 11-11-2001, 02:04 AM   #12
Sakata
Elven Warrior

anyway...

Elaird vision is blurry and he can just make out someones face looking over him. When he comes to, he see's Thenragoss bending over him and realizes he is laying on the floor by his table. He is starteld and trys to get up, but finds his limbs weak,but he manages to sit up a little. His hand still clutched his sword. "Wha, what happend?" he mummbles. "Easy lad" says Thenragoss and helps him up to his chair again. "Dont know, you just went out like a light soon as you saw Faylore, you had much to drink tonight lad?" Elaird felt weak and his head was pounding "n-no" He glanced over to where he though he saw Gandlaf but there was no one there. Faylore was looking at him with some consern on her face.

JESUS LIVES!
Old 11-13-2001, 10:28 PM   #13
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Tanmirdose sighed,

another day of working in the inn, another day of gruff costumers, another day of taking care of the messes drunken travelers had caused.
"I will get out of hear one day" he promised him self "some day......."
he looked around the room he was in, he had just finished his shift for the day and was in his room, he saw nothing out of place, it was the same room he had been sleeping in for the past few years, the old wooden bed in the corner, the small but serviceable dresser that was next to his bed, it was made to double as a night stand witch explained the lack of height and width. Tan walked to his window, which over looked the entrance to the inn, he opened that window and looked out, [I] it looks so peaceful [I] he thought, but his moment of calm was shattered by a raucous laugh, most likely coming from some drunk patron laughing at another drunk staggering about.

he was still looking out the window when a small personage walked up to the door and, pausing for a moment to wipe his feet on the door mat, entered the inn. [i] a hobbit! [i] he thought in surprise [i] i must remember to go down some time and see what brings him!, he is obviously a outsider. [i]

ok that should give me some way to join the game.

Sakata,

did you think that was more descriptive?

P.S. If there is a spell mess-up then I'm sorry, but if the spell check does not catch it, i wont either
Old 11-14-2001, 02:47 PM   #14
Legolas
Elven Warrior

Re: Legolas , Legolas , Legolas ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Sakata
I am sorry Legolas but have you ever written before? I dont want to be judgmental, but are you around 7 years old? Have you ever read a book where the characters talk like "YOU!!! You're the one who I want DEAD" or "They are bad" have you ever read a book at all? or maybe just watched that detestable lotr cartoon, and where the heck is the Dancing ponny? If your going to write like you were born yesterday, could you start your own story?
Sorry if anyone thinks I am a very bad writer, but that is not so. It's just because I'm not English, and I don't know English enough to experess my thoughts. I'm not a good writer at all, but I just want to write about Middle-Earth.
And the "Dancing Ponny" is a translation from Lithuanian of the inn at Bree. I guess it should be "Prancing Ponny" or something.
Old 11-14-2001, 04:59 PM   #15
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

:hugs legolas:

oh don't worry about it, she can be a bit gruff sometimes, that is all.

and also she probubly had no idea that you are not a native English speaker.

but still, I think that it was a bit of the dialog was a touch too silly (but who am i to be casting stones?)

WE BAD RPGER'S NEED TO STAND TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

Last edited by Tessar : 11-14-2001 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-14-2001, 10:27 PM   #16
Sakata
Elven Warrior

Sorry Legolas, didnt know.

hats off to tess btw, worthy of the publishers if you ask me, but how does it tie into the story?

dont worry about spelling, I think I can spell just about as good as a third grader and I am too lazy to spell check everything

JESUS LIVES!
Old 11-14-2001, 11:15 PM   #17
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

well you see,

that gives him a background and a reason to be downstairs when the commotion is over

P.S. I think we should all do a description of our characters. i.e.

his name is: XXXXXXXX

he is a, (elf, dwarf, hobbit, whatever,)

he skills are: XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

I know that it might be obvious whose what and stuff but i think it might be helpful

(also I think that in addition to my good guy it would be fun to do a bad guy you know, something new)
Old 11-15-2001, 07:49 PM   #18
Sakata
Elven Warrior

I guess I will be writing for Faylore and Thenragoss since I introduced them, I can always kill one off if it gets to be too much.

Faylore
-female half-elf half-human
-the normal elvin stuff archery, fast runner, fletching etc. and a good swordsmen
-good guy

Thenragoss
-human male -very tall,buff
-warrior, hunter, swordsmen
-good guy, but we can always make him turn on everyone in the end or somthing?

note: Im okay if Thenragoss gets killed, but you touch Faylore and I am out of here

JESUS LIVES!
Old 11-15-2001, 08:48 PM   #19
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Tanmirdose, (just call him Tan)

a young elf boy, maybe 13-15 In human years

agile, fast funner, good with a Dirk, ok with star blades (yes i know what there called, I'm just to lazy to look it up),
has rarly even tuched a bow,
has some magic powers
(dont worry, its just small stuff like being able to slow other people down, throw stuff harder than normal and with better acurasy. that stuff)

he is a good guy.

some where along the line i will introduce a bad guy too.

Yun,

most likely he knows some dark magic (again, not super powerful stuff, but he will be a bit better than Tan.)

his age is hard to tell, he could be 40 or he might only be 25 or so.

at first he will seem good, but of corse he will turn bad.
Old 11-17-2001, 01:44 PM   #20
Sakata
Elven Warrior

an elf that has hardly touched a bow? where did this kid grow up?

JESUS LIVES!