Old 09-14-2000, 04:57 PM   #1
Gwaihir

007 Flicks.

Which one's the best?

David
Old 09-14-2000, 05:32 PM   #2
emilsson

Re: 007 Flicks.

I have a soft spot for To Russia with Love. Ín general I prefer the old one. They have a special sense of humour to them.
Old 09-15-2000, 12:19 PM   #3
Film Hobbit

Any of the Shawn Connery ones and the first Pierce Brosnan one. Actually, the first Pierce Brosnan one was actually better than a lot of the Connery ones, better than just about all of them except maybe one or two. Sadly, the other two quickly went down hill.
Old 09-15-2000, 02:11 PM   #4
Shanamir Duntak

Don't you think their pushing too much to release 007 these years? Seems to me they should let more time between each movie. (My opinion)
Old 09-15-2000, 05:20 PM   #5
Film Hobbit

I wouldn't worry about it, the next Bond... Bond XX will probably be the last one Brosnan will be in, and after that its likely to be some time before there is another. Its sad really, because Pierce is quite spectacular as Bond, no one could be better for the role... but the last two films have had such ****py villans and medicore scripts that they have badly tarnished the Bond reputation.
Old 09-24-2000, 09:49 PM   #6
Gilthalion

Well, we shall see.

Sean Connery IS James Bond!

Pierce Brosnan plays him very well indeed.

I thought Timothy Dalton's performances were underrated. They were perhaps closer to Ian Fleming's Bond as a performance than Connery's, but Connery didn't even seem to be performing a role!

George Lazenby deserves his reputation as the worst Bond.

I liked Roger Moore's early work, but it really started deteriorating towards the end.
Old 09-25-2000, 02:34 PM   #7
Son of the Suns I

I've enjoyed all the Bond films I've seen (some more than others). But if I had to pick a favorite, I'd have to say Goldfinger.
Old 09-25-2000, 03:29 PM   #8
Gilthalion

Oh, I did forget to pick a favorite!

Dr. No

Underneath the mango tree
me honey and me
make ooh loo loo loo!"
Old 09-25-2000, 08:54 PM   #9
RovingTurtle

In Her Majesty's Secret Service heh jk ummm... Goldeneye was quite good... But anything with Sean Connery is just too good to pass up
Old 09-28-2000, 06:04 PM   #10
Gwaihir

"Goldfinger" was quite good. Connery fits the role like a glove. It's too bad he quit after "You Only Live Twice" (I won't count "Diamonds are Forever" since it was so bad.) "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" would have been better with Connery. As it was, it's definitely one of the worst.

David
Old 09-28-2000, 06:45 PM   #11
emilsson

In Her Majesty's Service is so boring I fell asleep when I saw it the first time.

I like Pierce Brosnan. He's second in my book next to Connery.
Old 09-28-2000, 10:07 PM   #12
Son of the Suns I

Funny.. most Bond fans (and certain critics) consider On Her Majesty's Secret Service to be one of the best in the series. Personally, I thought it was great. Lazenby was definitely not the best Bond, but he added a humanity to the character that made the film special. Telly Savalas was also good in the role of Bond's arch-nemesis Blofeld. And the ending showed that not all Bond adventures have a happy ending. But that's just my honest opinion.
Old 09-29-2000, 12:29 AM   #13
Gwaihir

Mr. and Mrs. James Bond??

Uggggg.
Old 09-30-2000, 01:59 AM   #14
GlaurungTheGold

Re: Mr. and Mrs. James Bond??

I love the Bond movies... I've got all the ones on DVD that are out on DVD so far... my favorites would have to be Goldfinger and Goldeneye... The villains in those were great too

Do you expect me to talk?
No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!
Old 09-30-2000, 01:14 PM   #15
Gwaihir

The special edition DVDs are simply amazing! The interactive menus are very interesting to say the least, especially for "Goldfinger". Unfortunately, they cost a lot (around $34.99 in retail stores),but you can get them much cheaper at Buy.com. They're definitely worth the price.

David
Old 01-08-2001, 04:29 AM   #16
Sephiroth9611

You only live twice,
Once when you are born,
And once when you look death in the face.