Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-17-1999, 06:51 AM   #1
Son of the Suns I

Favorite Movies

I checked all over this forum, and I did not see a thread about this, so I decided to post this topic. Which are your favorite movies? Here's my Top 11 list (weird number for a list, but...): 1.Saving Private Ryan 2.Star Wars:Episode I-The Phantom Menace 3.Star Wars:Episode V-The Empire Strikes Back 4.Star Wars:Episode VI-Return of the Jedi 5.Star Wars:Episode IV-A New Hope 6.Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark 7.Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 8.Disney's Beauty and the Beast 9.Disney's The Lion King 10.Jurassic Park 11.Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Old 11-17-1999, 07:58 AM   #2
Elrond

Movies

1. Tomorow never dies 2. The Empire strikes back 3. The return of the Jedi 4. The phantom mennace 5. A new hope 6. Romeo+Juliet (new version) 7. Titanic* 8. Goldeneye 9. Saving private Ryan Uh... I think thats it. *I don't lie this or the previous film because of leonardo di caprio... they would be better without that @$$ around... No offence to anyone who likes him...
Old 11-17-1999, 01:15 PM   #3
anduin

Re: Movies

In no particular order.... Harold an Maude SW OT and TPM, duh Dirty Rotten Scoundrels A Christmas Story..."How does momma's little piggy go?..." The Jerk Ah, I know there are more... ...and there is... The Godfather I and II Six Degrees of Separation
Old 11-17-1999, 07:39 PM   #4
Darth Tater

Re: Movies

1. The Sting 2. Bridge on the River Kwai 3. TPM 4. ESB 5. ROTJ 6, 7, + 8. The Indiana Jones Movies (No particular order) 9. ANH
Old 11-17-1999, 10:01 PM   #5
bmilder

Re: Favorite Movies

Hmm, umm... 1-4. This should be obvious (SW films in no particular order, I can never choose between them) 5-8. LotR! Ok, so it hasn't come out yet, but it's bound to be good . Whenever I'm asked this, I can never come up with any others...
Old 11-17-1999, 10:04 PM   #6
galadriel1

Re:

Anduin: I didn`t think anyone else out there knew about the movie Harold and Maude! Isn`t that a great movie?I think one of the best movies ever made was Shawshank Redemption. Excellent movie! I love Morgan Freeman. He`s one of my favorite actors. Apollo 13 was good. Star Wars and Saving Private Ryan are definitely up there! And I loved Mask! Great movie! Easy Rider was cool for that type of movie. Titanic was good but not one of the best ever made in my opinion. Some great effects! There was a movie called Come Back to the Five and Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean. It had a great cast and was an excellent movie. Oh, and for characters, I loved Steel Magnolias. I have nver laughed and cried so much in the same movie! Hmmm.....I`ll have to think about this some more!
Old 11-17-1999, 10:12 PM   #7
galadriel1

Tater:

Bridge On the River Kwai is a great movie! I forgot about all of the great old war movies! Three others that I think are excellent are: The Green Berets, The Longest Day, and one of my favorites - Kelly`s Heroes! i`ve seen it probably 30 times. Great, great cast!!!!!! A lot of great characters in that movie! Have you ever seen it? ((marches out of the thread whistling the Col. Bogey tune from Bridge....))
Old 11-17-1999, 10:25 PM   #8
bmilder

i've seen botrk

Well, I've seen Bridge on the River Kwai. When that general guy was locked up, I half expected him to get out his lightsaber and slash off the bars :P. Last year my school band played that song in the concert .
Old 11-18-1999, 12:20 AM   #9
anduin

Hello Galadriel!

Galadriel, Harold and Maude is my all time favorite movie. I am totally in love with Bud Cort, J/K, (sorta) I am an avid listener of Cat Stevens because of that movie, too. I watch it at least twice a year with my boyfriend, once on our anniversary, because that is the movie we watched on our first date. No, not in a theatre, on video I love the look on Harold's face when he sees Maude naked for the first time (when she is modeling for that artist, what's his name?) You should rewatch it just for that look, it's classic!!
Old 11-18-1999, 01:34 AM   #10
gdl96

Re: Hello Galadriel!

no particular order: sw ep 1-6 (2 nd 3 havent come out yet, but obviously, theyre gonna be good. im surprised im the first one to say this) billy madison happy gilmore big daddy waterboy xfiles austin powers(both of them) theres definitely more, but theyre not on the top of my mind at the moment.
Old 11-18-1999, 01:53 AM   #11
The One Ring

Re: Hello Galadriel!

Hmmm.... Most of mine have already been mentioned, but I'm surprised no one has listed one of the best science fiction movies ever made.... 2001. And, also directed by Stanley Kubrick, [i]Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb[i]. One of the funniest movies around.
Old 11-18-1999, 01:59 AM   #12
bmilder

2001?!

2001? That movie was so boring I could barely sit through it...
Old 11-19-1999, 06:42 AM   #13
Ryan6233

Re: 2001?!

What happened to shaving ryans privates? (i actually took offense to that when i first heard of it :P )
Old 11-19-1999, 07:59 AM   #14
galadriel1

Ryan!!!!

You ARE bad hon! hehehe I ever heard that put quite that way. ANDuin: I love that part in H&M. It IS a great movie! One of my fave movies I forgot to mention is Willow. I love that movie! gdl96: Happy Gilmore is on broadcast tv Friday night. I've never seen it. Maybe I'll give it a look.
Old 11-19-1999, 08:46 PM   #15
Ryan6233

Re: Ryan!!!!

Ok, the lamest movie ever has to be to a mocking bird (the B&W version)...
Old 11-19-1999, 09:33 PM   #16
gdl96

never seenhappy gilmore? make sure u watch it. trust me, u wont regret it. wat about the mad tv skit saving ryans private?
Old 11-21-1999, 02:52 PM   #17
whoturnedoutthelightsburt

Dazed and Confused Clerks Mallrats Chasing Amy Godfather 1+2 TPM,ANH, TESB, ROTJ Withnail and I The Wild Bunch Ferris Bueller's Day Off Apocalypse Now Blade Runner Schindler's List Casablanca It's A Wonderful Life Vertigo
Old 11-21-1999, 03:19 PM   #18
anduin

Welcome to Entmoot, whoturnedoutthelightsburt!! Have you seen the director's cut of Blade Runner? What did you think of the new ending?
Old 11-21-1999, 10:40 PM   #19
Elanor

Yes, welcome WTOTLB or burt

here's just some movies I loved, in no order Star Wars--all Mary Poppins Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Fiddler on the Roof Mulan Anastasia Ever After It's a Wonderful Life The Fugitive The Princess Bride The Slipper and the Rose To Live (Chinese) That's all I can think of right now.
Old 11-23-1999, 04:07 AM   #20
Son of a Hutt

Re: Yes, welcome WTOTLB or burt

"To A Mockingbird" ? Must have been really boring for you to leave a word out of the title... :P