Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-09-2001, 05:23 PM   #1
Miralys

Hannibal

I'm going to go see Hannibal this evening after classes. I can't wait to see it. I really enjoy Anthony Hopkin's work. Any one else going to see this?
Old 02-09-2001, 11:48 PM   #2
IronParrot

Re: Hannibal

Maybe, but first I'm going to rent the first Silence of the Lambs...
Old 02-10-2001, 12:21 AM   #3
juntel

I hope that by this you meant you want to see it... again!

(i wouldn't believe that YOU, the IP-man, haven't seen this one!)
Old 02-10-2001, 10:34 PM   #4
gdl96

I saw Silence of the Lambs for the first time last night. (so lucky...it was on TV). What a great movie. I can't wait to see Hannibal.
Unfortunately, I saw the edited version cuz it was on cable, but I don't think I missed much.
Old 02-19-2001, 04:04 PM   #5
Miralys

Well I finally saw Hannibal. It was pretty good. Not like SOTL but that was a different film. I don't think it is fair to compare the two. Anthony Hopkins did a good job IMO.

I will however say that I thought the script could have used a little work. The topic matter is pretty intense, as is the internal conflict. The director/screen writer did not play this up nearly as well as they should have. I have heard that it was a difficult script to begin with since they had to alter the original story so much.

Scenery and such was excellent. I enjoyed seeing the architecture and museums in Florence. Any one interested in the Humanities would appreciate the background.

All in all it was enjoyable, although the gore wasn't really necessary. The ending was on the mediocre side but I won't give it away.