Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Fantasy and Sci-Fi Novels
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-11-2000, 07:06 PM   #1
emilsson

Michael A Stackpole

I am just wondering if there is someone else on this board who enjoys his own fantasy books. I´ve read three of them so far, Talion: Revenant, Eyes of Silver and The Dark Glory War, and they are all worth reading. Talion: Revenant and Eyes of Silver are stand alone books but The Dark Glory War is the prologue to The DragonCrown War series.

While Talon Revenant and Eyes of Silver are good, The Dark Glory War is the best book I´ve read by Stackpole ( including his SW books ). He is doing some new twists to the usual plotlines and characters in fantasy and he has written an interesting version of the hero´s journey theme. I can´t wait for the following books in this series just to see what will come next.

So to all of you who has just read Stackpole´s SW books, I recommend you to give these books a try too.
Old 07-17-2000, 01:32 AM   #2
bmilder

Re: Michael A Stackpole

I've read his X-Wing series. At first I found it difficult to get into, and it took me awhile to finish Rogue Squadron. But I ended up reading the entire series and it ended up being pretty good. Nothing compared to Zahn, but then what is?
Old 07-17-2000, 06:24 PM   #3
Film Hobbit

A couple of Stackpoles Star Wars books have been enjoyable... but by far the very best work of his that I have ever read were his Battletech books.... its sad to hear that due to his company's ineptness and bad attitude he will no longer be writing for Battletech.
Old 08-19-2000, 03:33 PM   #4
Grand Admiral Reese

I liked all the work he's done for Star Wars, but I haven't read anything else he's done yet.
Old 08-19-2000, 08:08 PM   #5
Razgon

He has also done some Shadowrun things from time to time.
Wasn't he the one who wrote the very first Shadowrun novel, The power trilogy, part one?
I don't have them anymore so I can't really check right now
Old 04-08-2001, 01:14 PM   #6
Wizard of Ozymandias

I've read Talion, Eyes of Silver, and Dark Glory War, as well as Once a Hero. All are excellent! Never read his Battletech stuff, though. I may have to check those out.
Old 04-08-2001, 10:43 PM   #7
Tai daishar

I think the only books I've read by him are the NJO books he wrote. I thought they were pretty good.
Old 04-10-2001, 04:55 AM   #8
Wizard of Ozymandias

Check out Talion, dude. As DL likes to say over in JC Lit, he got Jedi right before he ever wrote Star Wars.
Old 04-11-2001, 11:24 PM   #9
Tai daishar

Ok, cool.
Old 04-13-2001, 02:15 AM   #10
Lief Erikson

Yes, I read 'I Jedi' as well, and he did them excellently. I'm reading the X-Wing books as well, and they're fun. I get tired of them often, but then after a while I'm interesting in going back and reading them some more.
Old 10-30-2001, 11:59 PM   #11
Phelan Kell
Hobbit

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Finally I have found another Stackpole fan. He is my favorite author (ummm..... I mean favorite sci-fi author). I read his Battletech Blood of Kerensky series when I was in the 3rd grade. If anyone who posted on this thread still visits the sight, please post a reply, I would love to chat.
Old 10-31-2001, 12:01 AM   #12
Phelan Kell
Hobbit

Please excuse my stupidity, bmilder.(I was blonde as a child) The next time we're both on, please, I would love to talk about Stackpole.
Old 01-11-2002, 06:00 PM   #13
Resolute the Vorquelf
Sapling

I love Michael A. Stackpole!

I am so glad I have found this site. I have read all of the Michael Stackpole books I could find, I have read: Talion:Revenant, Once a hero, The Dark Glory war, and some others. I'm reading his latest book: Fortress Draconis. if anyone wants to chat I'm here.
Old 01-19-2002, 06:38 PM   #14
Resolute the Vorquelf
Sapling

i'm wondering if there is a way to start a thread using stackpoles characters and just make up a story.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:45 PM   #15
Mihara of Yeldar
Sapling

I love Stackpole's Star Wars books! He is the best Star Wars author! I've wanted to read his other books but, uh, can't afford them right now
horrid, because then you have to wear those ugly red robes."

I cannot fight a battle of the minds with someone who is unarmed.
Mihara of Yeldar is offline   Reply With Quote