Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
Hirulin
Hobbit

The Complete Songs and Poems

Greetings all!

I am starting this thread to mainly ask if any-one knows where I am able to aquire all the songs/poems from the Silmarillion/Hobbit/Lord of the rings books in one document?

The reason I'm looking for this is that I've set myself the challenge of transcribing all the Middle Earth Songs/poems into the Tengwar (Sindarin mode). I've been using the Tengwar for some time now and have finally become good enough to achieve this task, I've done a couple already which you can view here if your interested http://nikkicadd.deviantart.com/

I obviously have the books, but I don't want to ruin the spines as I'd have to keep them open for extended periods while I transcribe the poems, If there was a website that has them all on one page/pdf document, that would be ideal! If not, then I guess I'll have to copy and paste into a pdf from the sites I've found them on and upload it somewhere!

If you know of such a site, please let me know so I can get on with my work! lol!

Namarie

Nx

Hirulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

(Moved to the Middle Earth forum)
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
Hirulin
Hobbit

Sorry darling! I never know where to put things! lol!

Hirulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I used to know one or two sites, but as far as I know they all got cease and desist letters from the Tolkien Estate lawyers long ago. If there are any left, I'm guessing they'll be wisely staying under the radar. I have since no longer had a use for them anyway, so I can't help you with those.

But how about loaning library books? Those mostly already have suffered several readers to have cracked spines already.