Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2000, 08:23 PM   #1
adidas96

SW Force Commander

Does any body have this game? It looks so cool and I want it so badly! Is it worth $40? It looks really cool and the music is awsome!
Old 04-21-2000, 10:42 PM   #2
bmilder

Re: SW Force Commander

Nope.

It got fairly bad reviews, saying that the camera angle of the game is weird. If it's anything like the one for the TPM game, it's fine once you get used to it, so it should be good
Old 04-22-2000, 01:07 AM   #3
adidas96

Yeah, I was ready a lot of the reviews. It was either rated terrible, or excellent. Very few were in between. It looked like about 50% loved it and 50% hated it. It also depended a lot on your computer system and stuff. If you just barely meet the requirements, it doesnt turn out as well compared to a strong computer, like my own. I'm definitely gonna buy it, but I really want someones opinion from this board who has the game.
Old 04-22-2000, 02:08 AM   #4
bmilder

Also, you really need a good video card for these games. For months, my TPM game had weird yellow blotches and it wasn't quite 3D, and the transparency was awful. Turns out this was the fault of my crummy video card. When I got the Voodoo, the difference in quality was amazing!
Old 04-23-2000, 04:11 PM   #5
adidas96

WOOHOO!! I got it! An awsome game. I guess I have a good video card cuz the only problems I've noticed is that very rarely the game will just slow down for a ocuple seconds. Otherwise, I love the game! This is the first time for me playing an RTS. I've always wanted to get around to these types of games, but havent been able to until now. Well, the game was definetly worth the 40 bucks.
Old 04-23-2000, 09:12 PM   #6
Gurney Halleck

I'm not sure why the game got bad reviews... maybe the reviewers accidentally put in the Gungan Frontier CD instead of the one for FC. The game is great (even on a poor quality computer such as my own), and although the camera is annoying before you become used to it, the game is definatly worth $30-40.
Old 04-24-2000, 06:03 AM   #7
authorarena

(I only played the demo)

I think I'm above the minimum requirements, but the game was a bit slow. The camera sucked, it had a bad interface (IMO) and the graphics were only adequate.

I did play it at 3am though...