Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Which character do you relate to the most?

I was just curious to find out which character in Tolkien's legendarium everyone feels themselves to have most in common with. This doesn't have to be your favorite character, or even a character you particularly like - simply the character in which you see the most of yourself.

For me, it's Fëanor. And no, I'm not saying I'm like him because I'm the greatest of my race or some other egotistical rant , but because I know what it feels like to burn inside with some unsatisfied longing. I studied political science because that burning has led me to care passionately about making the world a better place, and ridding it of some of the bad things that are marring it. And I've always been able to understand his isolation from everyone else, and how that passion can lead to loneliness, and the burning passion that drives him almost to insanity. And I've been able to understand that burning anger that can lead you to do things that you are ashamed of afterwards. I guess the story of his downfall really touched me, because I could see myself - if put in the same situation - making the same mistakes. There but for fortune, I suppose.

So, that's me. What about everyone else?

~The Lay of Leithian
Curufin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Myslef? I'd say actually, Pippin or, Merry. Because no-one takes them seriously and they're okay with that. And they are always hungry.

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
The Sasquatch of Fangorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:02 AM   #3
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Elf Lord

Samwise Gamgee. Short, loyal, optimistic deep down even though my humor often makes me sound otherwise, a good cook, persistent, with a great reliance on my own common sense. I'm also a bit isolated in my own world and don't always see things from others' perspectives right away...but I eventually get it if they're patient enough with me.
The Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
frodomerryandaragornrock

Gandalf

I think I relate to Eowyn the most. She loves Aragorn, but he loves another woman, Eowyn was forbidden to fight, the man who lusted for her was horrible, (not that the boy that has a crush on me is horrible, but i don't like him) and just her whole character and attitudes and all about her is like me.
like with the quote: "why can he not fight for the ones he loves?" that has me written ALL over it!! the boy who has a crush even says that I remind him of Eowyn!! I can relate to her, I know what she went through, and I just LOVE her, mainly because she's like me! It's really because I can relate to her, that's all.
frodomerryandaragornrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
ElizabethAnnRoger
Elven Warrior

I can relate to Arwen the most. She waits for her true love (though I haven't met mine, I will wait) and she is true. She wants life (her son) and is a lady who uplifts a man and in turn is uplifted.

Vive l'Empereur! Now and for always...

Elizabeth Ann Roger

ElizabethAnnRoger is offline   Reply With Quote