Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2000, 03:13 AM   #1
Gilthalion

I've upgraded a little...

As I've been conversing with the lot of you many interesting things have happened, quite a bit more than this little hobbit ever dreamed of!

I've taken to setting some of these things down in a new corner of my Bare Bones Website. I call it GILTHALION'S GRAND ADVENTURES.

You can find it through the link in my signature or here at: www.geocities.com/robertwgardner2000/gilthalion.html

Anyway, that is where I'll start depositing fan fiction inspired by talk out on these Tolkien message boards. And those RealAudio readings will pop up there as time goes by.

It's about time for a new one, isn't it? How about THE MIRROR OF GALADRIEL?
Old 09-01-2000, 01:06 PM   #2
noldo

Re: I've upgraded a little...

Whoa! Nice!

I wonder when are you going to do some new Tolkien readings?

Council of Elrond? Mirror of Galadriel? If you're capable of doing woman tones, that is.
Old 09-01-2000, 03:42 PM   #3
Gilthalion

Thanks Noldo!

Now that it's up, I see a bunch of things I need to do, like link to ELVENHOME, for example!

I don't really do female impersonations, of course, aside from a little old lady voice or two. Galadriel and Eowyn have to be impressions rather than actual voices. If this were an audio play, like the BBC, then I'd get a gal to do these. We are considering this for the LOTR reading, if that get's going. But my little RealAudio recordings will probably always be a rather simple, straight-forward read through.

I'll try to knock out THE MIRROR OF GALADRIEL this weekend.

It's not as exciting as THE BRIDGE OF KHAZAD-DUM or even ROAST MUTTON, but I think it's a wonderful vignette. After that, THEODEN'S LAST RIDE.
Old 09-01-2000, 03:59 PM   #4
noldo

I personally think that Mirror of Galadriel is the greatest part of FotR. I'm actually making a comic piece of it at the moment and really eager to hear your reaing!!!
Old 09-02-2000, 01:37 PM   #5
anduin

Hey, maybe you could get the Mrs. to do the voice of Galadriel!! That could be really fun for the two of you.
Old 09-02-2000, 07:03 PM   #6
Darth Tater

Very nice page, especially the Lieberman/Palpatine comparison

Just curious, where might one hear your radio show? Is it broadcasted over the net? (I know a lot are now)
Old 09-02-2000, 07:42 PM   #7
Gilthalion

If the Mrs did Galadriel, you would find that the Noldorin Elves spoke the Common Tongue with an authentic, sweet, syrupy, Southern drawl!

(To be read slowly): "Y'all stay ouwwt of thahyet wauwtuh!"

As for the talkshow, I have diminished. Whereas once I was the popular lead host at the big newstalk station in town, I now do a two hour call in show, for free, at a local Christian station (AM 1360 WMOB) down on the Mobile Bay Causeway. I've been doing it for about a year and so have remained a thorn in the side of politicians. (How they hated the songs and the skits! The managers are sales-buffoons elevated to their level of incompetence. When they started feeling heat from the politicos, it was my goose that was cooked.)

We have no webpresence at WMOB. I went from state-of-the-art digitized studios, back to the Golden Age of Radio. I use a telephone handset and a microphone. I no longer have a T1 fiber optic Internet connection (the big boys are not clever enough to make full use of it). I bring in printed notes. I use no call screener. I do not use tape delay. I have only recently acquired home pc software for digital editing, but it's not broadcast/cd quality yet. Good enough for AM Radio (and the Internet).

And I don't have a company consultant breathing down the back of my neck telling me I need to talk about the latest episode of Friends! The result is that I'm giving away better talk radio in this town than the big shots are spending a ton of money to support. Even the liberals prefer to call my show, knowing they'll at least get a good argument.

The owners want to simulcast Talking Truth! on a station in Florida. I'll have a 2 station network!

The owner is interested, after a year of this, to start trading some advertising for computers and the like. Maybe we can talk a company into setting us up on the Internet. I'm not sure at the moment how much they would be out of pocket to do this. You try to work advertising trades so they cost each party very little, but result in a nice profit down the line.

So, we may start netcasting to the world before too long. But it won't be tomorrow!
Old 09-02-2000, 09:26 PM   #8
Darth Tater

Well, I'll be looking forward to that! I just listened to the Bridge of Khazad-Dum. Very good! I love your rendition of "doom doom doom"