Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #1
Mouth of the Dark Lord
Hobbit

Gandalf PARA/Middle-Earth

[I don't know how things are done around here but I RP in good ol' fashioned Para. Para is a simple form of RP, you write 1+ paragraphs to describe what you do, how, ECT. And when in combat you attack once, and then the defender decides if it hits, and how much damage it really does. I like this style best because it's level of enjoyment all depends on how fair and realistic the players are being. If someone is dodging every attack, or taking every hit with ease, or anything of the like... It can be argued. I'd also like to say if anyone needs to say something out of character I appreciate parenthesise >>> [ ]. Also, this IS "turn-based," meaning we pick an order, I suppose first-come-first-serve, and we stick with it, and only post in that order while playing. Out of character posts can be posted at any time though. There are no restrictions on characters except they are required to be Tolkien based, and I ask that there are only original characters used, unless a temporary part asks otherwise, Eg. My character Laurëdûr is my own, but he is still based on Tolkien's work of Middle-Earth. Thank you for your time, I will now commence with the starting of a, hopefully, successful (if not long-term) RP!]

It is the end of the third age, and the coming of the age of men. Elves have all gone, save the few who stayed to live as mortals, and Dwarves have all but disappeared. Orcs no longer raid the lands unchecked, yet not all have left the world, and the occasional Hobbit maybe seen in the vast spans of the world, more recluse than ever. And it is men who now rule, and the war of the ring, and all it's evil, have become part of the past. None are to eager to bring it up, as many just want to forget. Sauron, the dark lord of the ring, has been destroyed but evil has not abandoned this world yet. You... The heroes of the world of men, must stand stand against the lingering evils that still dwell in the lands of Middle-Earth, and restore peace to the world in it's time of recovery against the dark lord. This world will never be the same, No, it's scared - But men still have hope to rebuild what they can, and start anew. Minas Tirith, and all the cities of men, need you to help restore the lands and save what's left of Middle-Earth in this age!

[PS. You can be good OR evil, or anything else really, but I ask that you don't all be Elves or something. Let's be diverse! Any questions? You can e-mail me at hey.bud-dy@hotmail.com I check my mail almost everyday, and I'm sorry if you find my intro lengthy. Also, I might not directly participate but play as more of a DM-ish kinda "character," and I'll give updates on the changing world, command NPC forces and such... That's all, I've taken enough time. Er, one last thing I prefer a 3 sentance minimum. Thank you again.]

Last edited by Mouth of the Dark Lord : 01-13-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Mouth of the Dark Lord is offline   Reply With Quote