Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2005, 01:35 PM   #1
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

How do you envision the 'Mooters? PART TWO

As we went over 1000 posts in this thread, here is part two.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:51 PM   #2
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo

*bump* I liked this old thread. People have been ressurecting a lot of the good old threads lately, so...

Tamuril Sirfalas- Pale but with even complexion and very defined face. Acually, I think you're the Irish version of Antonia Banderas. Light eyes with a dark ring around the iris that makes your gaze look really cold.

Curubethion- Maybe this is a stereotypical sports fan, but I think it's mostly because of the avatar. In my mind, you're perpetually overdue for a shave, but your haircut is fresh and short, and mostly gray with some dark brain left. You're also tall and muscular but overweight at the same time.

Lotesse- Tallish, brown hair, long and narrow but pretty nose, pretty altogether, in totally slacker-style cargo pants and a wife beater or something. Never sitting in any normal position either, but always lounging or fetal or Indian-style or whater you feel like.

Lief- A Roman, I don't know why. You've got short, curly, dark brown hair, a somewhat long, definately cleanshaven face, and a Ned Flanders body.

Serenoli- For a while, I thought your username was the plural form of sorn in CS Lewis' Out of the Silent Planet, but even now that I've looked it up (it's seroni I think), I still think you look like a sorn.

Am I close? No offense to anybody; I can't help my subconscious.

There's a freshman in my school that looks exactly like Bmilder. Every time I see him, I mistake him for Ben, and always want to say "bmilder!" and start talking to him excitedly, but then I remember that the real Ben is older. It couldn't be HOBBIT, could it? (CUDDIT?)
Well, Bombadillo, it's uncanny because who you basically described there is my baby sister and me both. I'm naturally very light blonde, the only blonde in my family, and not too long ago I cut my hair real short into like a pixie cut and bleached it white - platinum white-blond. Which wasn't a HUGE stretch; I mean when I was a kid I was a total towhead. My baby sister's the tall one, with long auburn-dark hair. I'm not so tall, I'm very petite. My nose is what you could call a Roman nose, very straight and strong nose. Anyway, you pretty much well described a nice mix of me & my baby sister.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 12-19-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Butterbeer - I imagine BB as looking early-mid thirties, with short, thick sandy blonde hair with very blonde highlights, for some reason, you now the kind of highlights that come out from being in the sun or at the beach a lot. But I see BB always either at dinner parties, or at nice home parties, or in an office doing corporaty-officy things. About 5'9", high energy, wiry, medium-muscley sort of body, with expansive hand gestures and very full of "presence," wearing Ralph Lauren/Oliver Peeples type wire-rimmed eyeglasses and a Brooks Brothers meets Abercrombie & Fitch sort of clothing style. I see BB with very bright, intense blue eyes.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:08 PM   #4
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

A sort of a well dressed nazi with specs, eh?

mmm.. Lotesse: slim, petite, bright perky eyes and chin (almost a female frodo ) ... an expressive face - espcially the mouth ............ - of all the smilies here my favorite is the roll eyes one: and this is the one i associate most with lotesse: large alive expressive eyes, and a cute somewhat crooked smile.

Even though i am told she has blond hair ..i too have never imagined lotesse with blond hair ... either light brown or a dark vibrant slightly red tinged brown - also dark brown hazel eyes -

sophistication meets the street - a chatterbox and a recluse - a fire brand and a gentle soul.

In short - a charmer.

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-19-2005 at 06:10 PM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:28 PM   #5
inked
Elf Lord

I always thought Inked was very handsome with dark brown hair, just maturing into gray here and there to emphasize the laugh-lines about his eyes, dark-brown liquid eyes you could fall into forever and ever, and really in great shape for a 50 year old, taut and trim, great goatee and mustache, too.

But, I'm too modest and humble to admit it is all true!
"And there is always the danger of allowing people to suppose that our modern times are so wholly unlike any other times that the fundamental facts about man's nature have wholly changed with changing circumstances." Dorothy L. Sayers, 1 Sept. 1941
inked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #6
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

i've always imagined Inked as having great dangling locks of tawny golden hair, large beautiful eyes with the world of wisdom, knowledge and redemption in them, a white goatee - and er whiskers ... haven't a clue why!
Old 12-19-2005, 07:16 PM   #7
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Ooh, one of my threads got a part deux.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:18 PM   #8
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

BB - cool wordz about me, thanx! But actually, my eyes are very light blue. My baby sister's eyes are dark hazel, though! And yes, they ARE really big. My eyes, that is.

What do you look like, Butterbeer; was I even close on my mental image of you? It's a nice image! Not a Nazi - or, if a Nazi then a very nice nazi!

Old 12-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #9
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

between us we've all pretty much got a great picture of your sister ... how strange!

A very nice nazi? ..i said you were a charmer!

heehee ... yeah some of it was close-ish (ish) - sea grey eyes - glinting like the sun on foaming waves - as deep and sultry as the flowing ocean and as playful as dolphins.
Old 12-19-2005, 08:39 PM   #10
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I've never recovered from finding out that Ñólendil was a blonde I always imagined him as a dark-haired Ñoldor-ish guy ... I'm still in therapy over it ...

Lief - please tell me that you have dark hair, or at least brown ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 12-19-2005 at 08:41 PM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 09:04 PM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Lief - please tell me that you have dark hair, or at least brown ...
I have dark brown, fairly curly hair.

I imagine Butterbeer as a blond chap, built rather large, with a very friendly face and blue eyes .

I imagine brownjenkins to be in his fifties, a thin man with a mature, intelligent face, dull brown hair, and sharp eyes.

Before I saw IR's picture, I imagined him as a rather scrawny man with wild, black hair, beady brown eyes, aged in his late twenties.

I usually imagine Lotesse as looking rather like Ginny Weasely.

I imagine inked as having a rather hard face that can break into a great deal of pleasure on occasion, a great energy about him and dark hair turning gray slightly, on the fringes. I imagine him having a straight nose and a rather thin body (like brownjenkins, in some ways).

I imagine Jonathon as a rather short gentleman with likewise short blond hair, and dark brown eyes.

I imagine most Entmooters in the way their pictures show them, on Entmoot .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 12-19-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:17 PM   #12
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

So I was at least partially right about Lotesse and Lief.

Also, in that quoted post of mine, I meant Antonio Banderas. And those eyes that I described on TS are actually much like my own, so I didn't mean cold in the threatening sense but actually resembling ice. I have cool blue Irish eyes.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:22 AM   #13
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
I have dark brown, fairly curly hair.
Yay!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:54 AM   #14
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
I imagine Jonathon as a rather short gentleman with likewise short blond hair, and dark brown eyes.

Quote:
I imagine most Entmooters in the way their pictures show them, on Entmoot .
Who doesn't imagine mooters like that?
Btw you don't remember my previous avatar, do you? I looked a lot more like that one than my current avvy
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:57 AM   #15
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Lief forgot to mention that he -ALSO- used to think I was short, skinny, and a soprano.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:04 AM   #16
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Aren't you?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:14 AM   #17
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Quote:
Serenoli- For a while, I thought your username was the plural form of sorn in CS Lewis' Out of the Silent Planet, but even now that I've looked it up (it's seroni I think), I still think you look like a sorn.

This is the first time I've ever heard of a 'sorn', but I looked it up, too, and believe me, you couldn't be further from the truth...following is a definition given by someone in a Narnia fan website:

The Sorn are aprox. 18 ft. high. have large shoulders and a jutting
chest. Are whitish, or Cream colored. Their bodies are covered with
feather-like material (Kind of closely cropped) and they have spindly
long legs (spider-like). Seven fingered boney hands, and long narrow
face (Lewis must've had a bad pot roast dinner when he dreamed
this one up.) Cone shaped cranium. Small eyes. Drooping nose,
and what he describes as an almost idiotic smiling mouth.

I'm only 5 ft.4, I think my shoulders are not that large, and certainly never thought my chest jutted! Am very brown, not at all creamy. And sad to disappoint you, but I'm also nicely healthily rounded everywhere, no narrowness, or spindly legs! Cranium normal-shaped, too, nose non-dropping, and though I smile a lot... hopefully, not idiotically! I'm laughing so hard right now!!! What a description of me!

And here's my revenge: Bombadillo, I always thought of you as a kind of lizard. I don't know its name in English... but its around a foot long, very scaly, reptilian to the extreme, a miniature dinosaur, actually. There are quite a few around my house, and they look so scary, but are actually very sweet, and like to eat cockroaches and the occasional snake.

Lotesse, why do you have blonde hair??? Its not fair... I always thought of you like Viv, and she's not blonde!!

Butterbeer, maybe its the affinity of your name to Butterbur, but I think of you like Lief does. A very ready smile.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 12-20-2005 at 03:16 AM.
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:06 AM   #18
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Aren't you?

NO!!!

I'm tall, skinny, and a Baritone. Liek, durh.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:17 PM   #19
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I always imagined Bombadillo as looking like my baby brother, who is quite handsome, BTW. My brother looks like a very young Marlon Brando.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:03 PM   #20
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Curubethion- Maybe this is a stereotypical sports fan, but I think it's mostly because of the avatar. In my mind, you're perpetually overdue for a shave, but your haircut is fresh and short, and mostly gray with some dark brain left. You're also tall and muscular but overweight at the same time.
Not exactly...
I'm a junior in high school.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote