Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2005, 02:01 AM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Royal Carribean's New Cruise Ship

I went to the Royal Carribean media event today for their new ship Freedom of the Seas - or actually the unveiling of one of their new attractions on their new ship. They're going to have onboard surfing. They have a surf machine. It was really cool. They did the announcement at Port Liberty in Bayonne. I'll have pictures of it next week. Freedom of the Seas will be the largest cruise ship in the world - surpassing Queen Mary II when it is launched in May 2006. Sadly it's home port won't be NJ - it will be Miami. At least we'll still have what will be the third largest cruise ship - Sovereign of the Seas.

Anyway - has anyone ever gone a cruise and where did you go and what was the best part of it?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:27 AM   #2
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Onboard surfing?!!?!?!

Dude... catch a wave... ON the waves!

I've never been on a cruise, but I would LOVE to take one that went to the northern areas... sort of Ireland, etc. That area is just awesome.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:49 AM   #3
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I went on a cruise ages and ages ago, through the caribbean. The stops were Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica; the ship was a Royal Caribbean Cruise Line ship, although right now I can't remember the name of the ship I was on. I remember having most of my fun getting to know the other kids my age on the ship, and sneaking around exploring the boat and doing stuff like gambling on the slot machines and getting the bartenders to make drinks for us. I was thirteen; my father took me but he spent most of the cruising part holed up in his cabin, smoking pot and writing. Whenever we'd dock at a port, Dad and I would spend the day snorkeling or just walking around, checking things out; I remember especially in Jamaica, Dad kept trying to score weed or coke from the islanders. He was a bit of a renegade, like that, back in those days.
I made some great friends on that boat, friends from around the world. The girl I hung out with the most, her father was the chief steward, I think; she's Norwegian - she had a mini-fridge in her cabin, stocked full of bottled Orangeina.

Yeah, that was a fun little trip.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 11:24 AM   #4
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I'm a cruise person. Over thirty cruises have I sailed. Caribbean-,East & West and South, Mediteranean, coastal Pacific and I hope to take a few more in this lifetime.

I'm always glad to share experience with anyone who has a question on cruising.

Last edited by Spock : 09-01-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #5
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydevil
...Freedom of the Seas will be the largest cruise ship in the world - surpassing Queen Mary II when it is launched in May 2006.
*hears Titantic music*

Quote:
Anyway - has anyone ever gone a cruise and where did you go and what was the best part of it?
I've only been on one cruise - a short weekend one to Mexico. The best part was being alone with my husband and a close second was the food (mainly that I didn't have to make it, but it was fun to have the huge variety, esp. the fresh fruits) and just the beauty of the ocean.

(so what was your 10k post? You're at 10,010, and there's only 2 posts here since your 9999th post )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote