Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-26-2000, 05:19 PM   #1
COMBAT Jedi ATAT

Beal

If Beal were to come to Entmoot, would he be allowed to post?
Old 10-26-2000, 06:02 PM   #2
Xivigg

Re: Beal

Who is Beal ?????????

Am i supose to know him ??
Old 10-26-2000, 06:15 PM   #3
bmilder

He came to Entmoot in March to advertise his Combat Jedi board or something. I just closed the thread and he hasn't been back since.

Xivigg, Beal is a notorious member of the Jedi Council who seems to enjoy making delusional, nonsenscial posts and basically making a pest of himself.
Old 10-26-2000, 06:16 PM   #4
Darth ATAT

JEDI master Beal, also COMBAT Jedi Beal, is the founder of the Combat Jedi. He is notorious for trolling, rightly or wrongly. He certainly has spammed boards who have treated him unfairly. As for supposed flaming etc, it is debatable but lots of people believe his detractors on the JC.

Beal is an...unusual...person, some would say he is mad. He is known for posting bizzare threads and generated a cult following before his banning on the JC for use of the term "raghead". Apparently it was misunderstood....he used it as a military term he had learned in the marines rather than a racist chant.

This is a picture of Beal. His unique board is at http://pub10.ezboard.com/bcombatjedi (it really is weird). A voice post of his can be seen here: http://pub14.ezboard.com/ftheultimat...picID=16.topic at my board. Note that "mold" means, in Bealtongue, things that do not change. And "sending the destroyers in" is about a spamming attack he made on my board.

I have given Beal a chance and become a member of the Combat Jedi (as evidenced by my newest sockpuppet).
Old 10-26-2000, 06:37 PM   #5
gdl96

Beal sounds a lot like MerloMo, or even a little bit like me.
Old 10-26-2000, 07:11 PM   #6
Elbreth of Carhouth

I've never had the (mis?)fortune of meeting such a character.
Old 10-26-2000, 11:41 PM   #7
The One Ring

Nah.... this guy definitely seems to be a bit further out than you, Greg. You've definitely calmed somewhat since the founding of Entmoot, and even (dare I say it?) become somewhat of a mainstream poster.
Old 10-26-2000, 11:47 PM   #8
Darth Tater

Ah yes, beal, always good for a laugh
Old 10-26-2000, 11:52 PM   #9
Gilthalion

What is a "troll?" I've seen the term somewhere else, and I'm thinking there is a specific message board context to the term. "Troll" isn't a Tolkien-based flame of the guy, right?
Old 10-27-2000, 12:13 AM   #10
Darth Tater

Right
Old 10-27-2000, 03:42 PM   #11
Gilthalion

Aha!

So what does "troll" mean in the message board context?
Old 10-27-2000, 03:47 PM   #12
Eruve

I troll is a poster who just wants attention and posts inflamatory things to get a rise out of people. Some want to divert all attention to themselves; others try to get a flame war started. Basically, they're only there to cause trouble.
Old 10-29-2000, 06:31 PM   #13
Darth ATAT

A troll is someone who basically posts to cause trouble or in general contravention of accepted wisdom...
Old 10-29-2000, 06:47 PM   #14
Grand Admiral Reese

I think that my board is one of the few JC-related boards never to have been visited by Beal. I got lucky.
Old 10-31-2000, 07:46 PM   #15
Darth ATAT

Beal is allowed on my board. As long as he does not get annoyed he can be a good poster. His bizzare threads are interesting, to say the least.
Old 11-05-2000, 04:53 AM   #16
JEDI master Beal

and they still talk of me. the name that can not be mention on the almighty JC. hmmmm! did I say that?? almighty. got to give them credit where it's due. just as you are not allowed to mention god. the beal can not be mention. the funny thing is that the JC did the worst thing by doing that after people were gone awry with a little wisdom. you see. what good is it without knowledge,guidance,faith,hope and interveining. there are many things that just are and will be as there are things that will not be. well, one of those things . I guess. is me! I leave with you tinkerbell. grand adm. gifs123.tripod.com/page29/tinkerbell.gif
Old 11-05-2000, 06:22 AM   #17
IronParrot

Hey Beal, register a new name and post on the JC. Then point yourself out to me. I haven't had the pleasure of banning you yet... I've gotten almost all the other "ban on sight" guys at least once though.
Old 11-05-2000, 05:30 PM   #18
noldo

I've never met Beal in the JC or anywhere else but I have heard a lot of stuff about him.